China Glaze Fairy Dust

China Glaze Fairy Dust

4.5

on 11/19/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

all time best nail topper. this polish instantly transforms your nails to a whole new dimension! I have repurchased this so many times love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Fairy Dust is a cult classic, and for good reason. This scattered holo topper makes any plain creme color magical without looking too gaudy or flashy. It has just the right amount of sparkle (I suppose you could call it a dusting ;) ). I find it covers very well in one coat in RNP form and two coats in the Gelaze form. Since I require so little polish for each mani my bottles will last a long while. If I ever run out of either form, however, I'll be sure to restock.

on 11/28/2015 1:27:00 PM

The famous ChG Fairy Dust. Yes, you NEED it.

It's made up of super-fine holographic glitters suspended in a clear base. So you get that rainbow-twinkle when it catches the light. Extremely versatile, you can layer it over practically anything and also build it up as much as you want to.

The end results are sparkly but never gaudy. This is not an in-your-face glitter. The pieces are tiny enough to be noticeable without looking juvenile or tacky.

I actually have a similar polish from Butter London called Stardust, but they are NOT the same thing. The glitter in Fairy Dust isn't as dense as the glitter in Stardust (which I think is a plus, actually) and also Fairy Dust dries to a glossy finish while Stardust does not.

All I can say is, if you're trying to build a polish collection, your collection won't be complete until you have this.

Yes I'd buy it again. It's not just beautiful, it's ESSENTIAL.

Love!!!!

on 11/25/2015 1:15:00 PM

This is such a pretty top coat. It looks good on both light and dark polishes. I tend to wear cream polish for a day and then if I want a change, but don't feel like redoing my nails altogether I just add a coat of Fairy Dust. It's an absolute must-have. The only reason I marked it down is because it thickens in the bottle after a couple of uses. Also I find it takes ages to dry, unless it's topped with a quick dry top coat.

on 8/28/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

China Glaze Fairy Dust is one of those staple polishes that everyone must have in their collection- ask any nail polish fanatic. it is a clear based, finely milled holographic silver glitter topper that spreads very evenly over the nail in one easy coat. take that and do whatever you want with it- the possibilities are endless. used as a topper, you can transform any of your favorite polishes into a scattered holographic. i especially love it over spring pastels- but you can also add it over glitter polishes for extra bling or use it on the tips or on an accent nail, or even do a jelly sandwich look or add it to a french manicure for a little sparkle. the name 'fairy dust' is perfect because it adds that little bit of magic to any manicure. although this polish is not especially unique, it is extremely popular because of the availability, low price and excellent formula. you can pick it up at any Sally- and if you don't have it, you should definitely put it on your list.

I really enjoy this sheer (but not TOO sheer) micro-glitter. It appears silvery-white in the bottle, but I get mostly pale pink reflection off this one (it's more noticeable with 2 coats). As a single topcoat, it makes for a good "starry sky" over navy polish. It's one of my favorites to wear solo when I feel like sheer nails, drying time is average, and it lasts about a week with base and top coats.

I just tried this with a beautiful light purple by Essence Dress for the Moment. Oh my gosh. The blah color and sometimes patchiness application of light colors go away with this amazing top coat. The polish looks amazing! I hope this isn't discontinued, because I have the travel size. I will have to get the full size. I will buy this over and over, for as long as they make it!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a great transform-your-polish kind of topper. Looks great on virtually any color, especially dark ones. Don't give up on that nail polish you think you hate until you try this over it!

on 6/7/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would and will repurchase this over and over. It is the perfect glitter topper. It's fine micro glitter that is very subtle. It just makes anything better. It's perfect for crappy polishes and ones that need something extra.

One coat will give just a subtle look while 2 will look slightly halo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish is one of the most versatile glitters I've ever used. It's a beautiful holographic glitter topcoat that looks good over pretty much everything. Fairy Dust is a polish I'd recommend to everyone who paints their nails: it's must-have!

Popular Polishes