Alima Pure Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Looks like mineral foundations do not work on my skin.
I’ve purchased several shades with different undertones to try, but within 5 to 10 minutes after application they all looked horrific!
For the reference my skin tone is NC25. My skin is normal to dry and sensitive.
Shades I’ve tried:
- Neutral 3 - goes on too light and too pink, but transforms into neutral toned medium level blush pink - really scary look! Saturated pink face! Too bad I went out of the house before I see that the transformation had happened. (Had to was everything off in the public bathroom, scared some people prior that)
- Neutral 3.5 - upon application it had a good colour dept, but was looking too pink. Ten minutes later my skin looked like I put a dark orange self tanner all over my face;
- Beige 3 - initially was a great match that oxidised three shades up and became very orange, once again I was looking like I had a terrible self-tanner experiment day;
- Olive 1.5 - initially was a 1/2 shade darker than my skin tone, transformed into deep yellow colour that only people with severe liver problem could have.

It’s not the first brand of the mineral foundation that I’ve tried, they all oxidise on me, but Alima Pure does it beyond any reasonable level. Horrific experience!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got the Find your match kit that comes with a small kabuki, then promptly ordered the full size+their foundation brush. It took forever to reach me, I contacted AP and they sent me a replacement. Great customer service. This is the first time I find a great shade match in a foundation.

I have dry but fairly problem free skin and was worried a powder wouldn't work well but it seems fine. I don't know yet if I can wear this every day without it drying out my skin but as long as I moisturize properly it goes on well. It will sit in dry patches a little but nowhere near as bad as the liquid/cream foundations I have. If I haven't moisturized properly or if I've used too much it looks very dry/powdery, especially at the end of the day.

But the texture of this - it is to die for. I was really surprised how perfectly it went on right from the start. As long as you use a light hand and apply in thin layers it almost looks (and feels) like nothing. If there's too much product in the brush it will look cakey/bad. I love that even on a meh skin day it will still look okay on my nose (which is usually flaky and has stubborn whiteheads.) It also gives my face this lovely, kind of porcelain glow that I love.

It's not full coverage on it's own, almost medium if layered. I wear foundation to cover up red cheeks that are a constant for me. (Not the cute, flushed kind. The kind that goes from your nose down to your jaw.) It tones down the redness and evens out my skintone.

It stays on well too. I love that it doesn't really transfer once on and it doesn't wear off much during the day.

However the reason I won't be repurchasing is that it contains titanium dioxide in powder form (obviously) which disputably may cause cancer. Even if I hold my breath when I apply, the reason I got into green beauty was to NOT expose myself to questionable ingredients and I don't really know why I decided to overlook this ingredient because I knew about this before.

In addition, since I'm closing in on 30 and my skin is dry and has fine lines etc I want to look for something more moisturizing, slightly glowier and less drying.

It really is a great foundation though, and I think it must be great for oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a favorite mineral powder foundation by one of my fave youtubers, Audrey Coyne. So I went and ordered it from Sephora online. It took about a week to get this but it’s all worth the wait. The texture is similar to Jane Iridale’s but the effect upon application is way way better. I get a radiant glow without the messy oiliness. It is also not tacky. Plus the ingredients are so simple and hypoallergenic that are safe for my acne prone skin. Will definitely repurchase once I emptied the jar.

I've been using Alima for four years now? I'm honestly not sure. Enough to have repurchased a few times. This foundation on me is not full coverage but it goes on so beautifully that I can hardly complain and with 45 shades I can match mine perfectly. The powder is soft and finely-milled and buffs on easily with my flat-top kabuki brush. It has never broken me out and it is so light on that I'll forget I'm wearing it at all. So long as they make it I'll buy it.

I've been using this for quite a few months. I have ultra sensitive rosacea but this stuff along with a few other products has cleared up the little bumps that were all over my face. Do I think it goes on as think as my Estee Lauder Double Powder Foundation? No but at the same time my face is clearer. Totally worth it for me. It is close enough. If I really wanted to I probably could build it more but I'm getting old so don't need more creases to show. I do use a smaller brush to apply it around my eyes bc that I do put on thicker due to dark circles.
Other thing that helped me finally cure this redness and bumpiness: Using a sulfate free wash-Vanicream Gentle Face Cleaner, Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover, NuFace Facial Toning Device with the Gel. Didn't expect Nuface to help with texture of skin but somehow it did.
Just as a side note, I use a deep round yet small tupperware type container to put the powder in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great stuff. I use this in conjuction with Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream and Alima Balancing Powder Primer. In the last two weeks, I have not had much breakout or rashes. The colors of the foundation can vary. I actually thought I would be warm, but ended up in the olive spectrum. I'm a Mac NC30-35, after reading the reviews, I bought Olive 3. I ordered samples or warm 3 and 4, neutral 3 and 3.5. Warm was too yellow, neutral was okay and lacking some brown tones. Olive turned out to be a the best match, though I think I may buy Olive 2 next time. My only complain is I wish this was more readily available and can be expensive. Another pro is there is a way to secure the powder from spilling out, making the powder easy to travel with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm acne prone and just recently decided to get myself into more organic/cruelty free makeup. I was really hesitant to try out a mineral foundation because I figured it wouldn't offer me enough coverage. Thankfully my skin has cleared up with the help of my dermatologist, and now I mainly deal with mild hyperpigmentation. I've been trying out this foundation for 2 weeks now and I like it! It offers medium coverage when I build it up. I like to apply it with my RT buffing brush, and then go over areas where I need more coverage with a soft brush like the elf small tapered brush. I use a primer under it and still like to set it with a setting powder. I have terribly oily skin but somehow it manages to stay intact, even when I use 3-4 blotting sheets. At the end of the day I only have some separation where my glasses sit. I just really enjoy the way it wears off nicely, instead of getting cakey and blotchy.

I'm just so disappointed cause I read all the good reviews and thought i'd love it.

I have combination skin, and I tried wearing this in the summer but it would literally sweat right off (that's never happened to me) and separate on my face. Gross. So i thought i could wear it in the winter. False. In the winter it clings to all my dry patches, even when i moisturize them. UGH.

It also surprisingly breaks me out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product for ages so I should probably review it.

It's nothing fancy but it just works. The packaging is great for traveling because it has a little cover you can slide over where the powder comes out. I just wish it was a little wider mouthed for swirling a brush.

Two things about my skin: Most products (skincare; hair; makeup) break me out and I'm truly neutral and difficult to color match. Neutral 2 is a very good match. It has no undertones.

My skin is in decent condition so I don't tend to use a lot of product. But you can easily build up to medium coverage. At this rate it may last me forever but if I lost it I would repurchase.

This is a nice foundation, with a few drawbacks. On my "mature" skin (age 47) it can highlight lines. It also highlights my rosacea-enlgarged pores. Otherwise it's nice. Mineral foundations can be "glowy" so if you're like me, you may need a darker shade than you would normally get. I am a NW 10-15 so I tried neutral 1 and 2, but neutral 3 ended up being my best match. Definitely take advantage of the samples first.
I wish they had samples of the primer. I want to see if it reduces the look of my pores but that $24 price tag seems steep for a "maybe."
If I can't find something that reduces the look of my pores under the makeup, I will move on.