Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I've been using this for quite a few months. I have ultra sensitive rosacea but this stuff along with a few other products has cleared up the little bumps that were all over my face. Do I think it goes on as think as my Estee Lauder Double Powder Foundation? No but at the same time my face is clearer. Totally worth it for me. It is close enough. If I really wanted to I probably could build it more but I'm getting old so don't need more creases to show. I do use a smaller brush to apply it around my eyes bc that I do put on thicker due to dark circles.
Other thing that helped me finally cure this redness and bumpiness: Using a sulfate free wash-Vanicream Gentle Face Cleaner, Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover, NuFace Facial Toning Device with the Gel. Didn't expect Nuface to help with texture of skin but somehow it did.
Just as a side note, I use a deep round yet small tupperware type container to put the powder in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great stuff. I use this in conjuction with Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream and Alima Balancing Powder Primer. In the last two weeks, I have not had much breakout or rashes. The colors of the foundation can vary. I actually thought I would be warm, but ended up in the olive spectrum. I'm a Mac NC30-35, after reading the reviews, I bought Olive 3. I ordered samples or warm 3 and 4, neutral 3 and 3.5. Warm was too yellow, neutral was okay and lacking some brown tones. Olive turned out to be a the best match, though I think I may buy Olive 2 next time. My only complain is I wish this was more readily available and can be expensive. Another pro is there is a way to secure the powder from spilling out, making the powder easy to travel with.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product for ages so I should probably review it.

It's nothing fancy but it just works. The packaging is great for traveling because it has a little cover you can slide over where the powder comes out. I just wish it was a little wider mouthed for swirling a brush.

Two things about my skin: Most products (skincare; hair; makeup) break me out and I'm truly neutral and difficult to color match. Neutral 2 is a very good match. It has no undertones.

My skin is in decent condition so I don't tend to use a lot of product. But you can easily build up to medium coverage. At this rate it may last me forever but if I lost it I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm acne prone and just recently decided to get myself into more organic/cruelty free makeup. I was really hesitant to try out a mineral foundation because I figured it wouldn't offer me enough coverage. Thankfully my skin has cleared up with the help of my dermatologist, and now I mainly deal with mild hyperpigmentation. I've been trying out this foundation for 2 weeks now and I like it! It offers medium coverage when I build it up. I like to apply it with my RT buffing brush, and then go over areas where I need more coverage with a soft brush like the elf small tapered brush. I use a primer under it and still like to set it with a setting powder. I have terribly oily skin but somehow it manages to stay intact, even when I use 3-4 blotting sheets. At the end of the day I only have some separation where my glasses sit. I just really enjoy the way it wears off nicely, instead of getting cakey and blotchy.

I'm just so disappointed cause I read all the good reviews and thought i'd love it.

I have combination skin, and I tried wearing this in the summer but it would literally sweat right off (that's never happened to me) and separate on my face. Gross. So i thought i could wear it in the winter. False. In the winter it clings to all my dry patches, even when i moisturize them. UGH.

It also surprisingly breaks me out.

This is a nice foundation, with a few drawbacks. On my "mature" skin (age 47) it can highlight lines. It also highlights my rosacea-enlgarged pores. Otherwise it's nice. Mineral foundations can be "glowy" so if you're like me, you may need a darker shade than you would normally get. I am a NW 10-15 so I tried neutral 1 and 2, but neutral 3 ended up being my best match. Definitely take advantage of the samples first.
I wish they had samples of the primer. I want to see if it reduces the look of my pores but that $24 price tag seems steep for a "maybe."
If I can't find something that reduces the look of my pores under the makeup, I will move on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. It comes in a large variety of shades, and is light to medium coverage. I have very oily skin and have to blot throughout the day with every foundation I have tried, and this is no exception, but the foundation last all day long without fading or becoming splotchy.

I'm very acne prone and haven't had any issues with this. Since switching from liquid foundation to this powder my skin has cleared up considerably.

I am an NC40 to NC42 in Mac and can wear Warm 4 to Warm 5 in this.

My only complaint is the packaging. It's somewhat time consuming to get the powder through the perforated top when the product is still full.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for almost three years now and it works fantastic for oily/acne prone skin! As a college student, I used to sleep in my foundation a lot. After doing this too much, I had the worst breakout I've had in my entire life. I decided to start looking for more natural foundation alternatives so I wouldn't exacerbate my acne and I came across Alima Pure. I pretty much haven't used anything since.

Color Selection: I love that this foundation has multiple undertones- I ordered a few samples before ordering a full size and they send almost 4-5 application's worth, which also let me decide whether I liked the product or now. Warm 3 works basically perfectly with my skin, but Beige 3 also works pretty well. Warm 4 is my summertime color.

Coverage: I use this with an Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush and the coverage is medium to full. I've had a difficult time getting a "light" coverage with this.

Lasting power: This lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. I used to be too harsh to my oily skin (which made me even more oily) and this would last until the afternoon, turning more "dewy" by the end of the day. After I focused my attention on skincare and my skin became more balanced, this lasts pretty much all day now. This definitely works better with primer though - I use BareMinerals PrimeTime in Light.

Other: This never broke me out (even when I went to sleep with it) and while using this foundation, my skin was much clearer than it had ever been. The foundation is also rated on EWG Skindeep as safe for you skin, so I feel good about putting it on my face.

Downsides: It takes a bit longer to apply and can get a bit messy, especially if the brush doesn't pick up all of the product. For this reason, I usually use a pressed powder for more "daily" use instead to save a bit more time in my morning routine. However, I always go back to this if I need heavier coverage.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I've been using this foundation on and off for years. When my skin is (mostly) behaving, I love mineral foundation and this is my go-to. It can provide sheer to medium coverage without looking like foundation, depending on your brush and application technique. To get a full medium coverage, I use a kabuki brush, swirl it in the minerals so there's even distribution of powder, and pat/tab it on my face. I don't buff, because it tends to kick up the dry n' flakies (even though my skin is very oily). I usually put on a single layer like this and go back in with a concealer brush and a bit of foundation on problem areas (under eyes, around nose). It looks very, very nice, like you're not wearing foundation at all, and that is SUPER important to me. Never had this foundation break me out. I've tried a LOT of mineral foundations over the years and this one is probably my favorite. It doesn't transfer AS BAD as some other mineral foundations (I'm looking at you, bare minerals) but it does still transfer. It absorbs a decent amount of oil, but I still have to blot a time or two depending on how long I'm wearing the foundation. However, I don't set this with an additional powder, so I'd imagine that might help the oil situation too. This doesn't look bad after a good blot, though, and that's what I find most important. Some foundations look like complete butt afterward. >__>

Alima Pure currently has 45 shades to choose from. Holy wow. Their "try it" kit is a little expensive at $24, but it gives you 10 different shades to find a match with and a kabuki brush. They also give you a $10 credit towards the foundation purchase if you find that you like the foundation. Also, if you're a new customer you can receive $10 off your first purchase of $20 or more if you use this link: fbuy.me/d3gwn (I was looking all over for coupon codes recently and couldn't find one) so that brings the try it kit down quite a bit, too. :)

Alima Pure's Satin Matte foundation is definitely worth a shot if you're in the market for a high quality, mostly matte medium coverage foundation.

I always had some spots and acne on my face and I realized that it's because I was using liquid foundation.
After using Alima Pure satin matte foundation my face became clearer a lot.

Recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.