Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I've been using this foundation on and off for years. When my skin is (mostly) behaving, I love mineral foundation and this is my go-to. It can provide sheer to medium coverage without looking like foundation, depending on your brush and application technique. To get a full medium coverage, I use a kabuki brush, swirl it in the minerals so there's even distribution of powder, and pat/tab it on my face. I don't buff, because it tends to kick up the dry n' flakies (even though my skin is very oily). I usually put on a single layer like this and go back in with a concealer brush and a bit of foundation on problem areas (under eyes, around nose). It looks very, very nice, like you're not wearing foundation at all, and that is SUPER important to me. Never had this foundation break me out. I've tried a LOT of mineral foundations over the years and this one is probably my favorite. It doesn't transfer AS BAD as some other mineral foundations (I'm looking at you, bare minerals) but it does still transfer. It absorbs a decent amount of oil, but I still have to blot a time or two depending on how long I'm wearing the foundation. However, I don't set this with an additional powder, so I'd imagine that might help the oil situation too. This doesn't look bad after a good blot, though, and that's what I find most important. Some foundations look like complete butt afterward. >__>

Alima Pure currently has 45 shades to choose from. Holy wow. Their "try it" kit is a little expensive at $24, but it gives you 10 different shades to find a match with and a kabuki brush. They also give you a $10 credit towards the foundation purchase if you find that you like the foundation. Also, if you're a new customer you can receive $10 off your first purchase of $20 or more if you use this link: fbuy.me/d3gwn (I was looking all over for coupon codes recently and couldn't find one) so that brings the try it kit down quite a bit, too. :)

Alima Pure's Satin Matte foundation is definitely worth a shot if you're in the market for a high quality, mostly matte medium coverage foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. It comes in a large variety of shades, and is light to medium coverage. I have very oily skin and have to blot throughout the day with every foundation I have tried, and this is no exception, but the foundation last all day long without fading or becoming splotchy.

I'm very acne prone and haven't had any issues with this. Since switching from liquid foundation to this powder my skin has cleared up considerably.

I am an NC40 to NC42 in Mac and can wear Warm 4 to Warm 5 in this.

My only complaint is the packaging. It's somewhat time consuming to get the powder through the perforated top when the product is still full.

To Read all 442 Reviews, Login or Join

I always had some spots and acne on my face and I realized that it's because I was using liquid foundation.
After using Alima Pure satin matte foundation my face became clearer a lot.

Recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for almost three years now and it works fantastic for oily/acne prone skin! As a college student, I used to sleep in my foundation a lot. After doing this too much, I had the worst breakout I've had in my entire life. I decided to start looking for more natural foundation alternatives so I wouldn't exacerbate my acne and I came across Alima Pure. I pretty much haven't used anything since.

Color Selection: I love that this foundation has multiple undertones- I ordered a few samples before ordering a full size and they send almost 4-5 application's worth, which also let me decide whether I liked the product or now. Warm 3 works basically perfectly with my skin, but Beige 3 also works pretty well. Warm 4 is my summertime color.

Coverage: I use this with an Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush and the coverage is medium to full. I've had a difficult time getting a "light" coverage with this.

Lasting power: This lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. I used to be too harsh to my oily skin (which made me even more oily) and this would last until the afternoon, turning more "dewy" by the end of the day. After I focused my attention on skincare and my skin became more balanced, this lasts pretty much all day now. This definitely works better with primer though - I use BareMinerals PrimeTime in Light.

Other: This never broke me out (even when I went to sleep with it) and while using this foundation, my skin was much clearer than it had ever been. The foundation is also rated on EWG Skindeep as safe for you skin, so I feel good about putting it on my face.

Downsides: It takes a bit longer to apply and can get a bit messy, especially if the brush doesn't pick up all of the product. For this reason, I usually use a pressed powder for more "daily" use instead to save a bit more time in my morning routine. However, I always go back to this if I need heavier coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this packaging is lovely. Very modern. I like following how the company has grown as a brand. My issue is the coverage- I thought it would be much more substantial since zinc oxide and titanium are supposed to help with coverage & SPF. The good news: beautiful packaging with a bit of a pricetag, but I have gotten used to these prices with other mineral makeup lines & organic companies. The downside is the price for the lack of coverage despite having the ingredients that are supposed to aid in coverage.

I bought 4 samples first, W3 is my perfect match so I ordered the full size when they had a 20% sale. The coverage and texture are perfect for my skin, I use an ecotools kabuki to apply and buff. I don't use a ''primer" so this only lasts about 3-4 hours max on me, that's the only draw back. My skin looks amazing and get compliments from coworkers but at the end of the day the stuff is gone. I mostly use it on my non-make up days and will keep repurchasing since it does not break me out and does cover blemishes with out further irritation and does not clog my pores.

Just no. Most mineral foundations work well for me, but my dry skin did not like this at all. It somehow highlighted my pores (which are very small) and made me look worse than before applying it. Was disappointed because I'm trying to use more natural products.

Like most mineral make-up, this gave me a strange silver glow. Too bad, because it does have good coverage (i have mild rosasea). I tried several shades, all with same effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried a few mineral foundations, and this formula is by far my favorite in finish. It's not matte or satin but somewhere RIGHT in between in my opinion, which makes it look very natural. It doesn't irritate my skin, clog my pores or require special care cleansing it off, but stays put until you remove it.

For reference, my skin type is combination and sensitive (I react to a lot of base makeup badly or break out). I have had no issues with this in "Neutral 1" though.

My skin tone is pale (about NW15 but leans neutral) and I tend to redness, so the color is absolutely perfect on me to even tone. The coverage depends on the brush, but I find with a denser brush it is moderate though build-able. It looks very close to actual skin, especially when finished off with a setting spray.

I also like the sifter jar (which you can "twist" to close)--it makes application a lot less messy than other jars I have tried in the past.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great natural powder. I ordered samples first to make sure I bought the right shade and found one quickly. The Neutral 3 is perfect for my pale skin without being too blue or pink. The coverage is light so I use it on my Tzone only since it remains clear. My cheeks need a little more coverage.