Lancome Color Design

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Lancome Color Design

4.2

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product let me down a little because I expected Lancome to really deliver. I bought the color "gaze" and it was not as pigmented as I would like. It takes multiple applications to get the color to show on my eyelids. I do love the packaging, it's my favorite eye shadow package I've come across but I would likely not repurchase as I find that you can substitute this shadow with a much better one at the same price point.

on 7/13/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Copper Rush (metallic), and it's a pretty decent eyeshadow. It's definitely not as pigmented as MAC or Urban Decay, but somehow the "sheer-ness" is really elegant and classy. It has just the right amount pigmentation so it's easier to control and one swipe won't be overpowering. The sliding compact is really cute and easy to use. It only takes one finger to open it. As for Copper Rush, the color is shimmery but isn't glittery. Overall, it's a good and classy eyeshadow.

on 5/29/2008 2:12:00 AM

These are a great improvement over the old color focus line. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the color focus shadows seemed hard to blend and chalky. But I can't think of a single bad thing to say about the color design shadows! I always wear shadow primer, so I'm not sure how the pigmentation and creasing would be during the day on bare lids, but at least with primer these last all day. For the longest time I had MAC blinders on and simply didn't want to use any other brand of shadow. That and I hadn't been that impressed with the color focus shadows, but these new ones really are great quality and worth a try. As of this review there's a great color selection (hope lancome doesn't start discontinuing a lot of them.) I haven't bought any yet because I go to the lancome counter so much it seems like I'm always coming home with a gwp quad. I probably have about 5 quads but if I ran out of a particular shade that I like, I'd purchase a full sized one at the counter.

on 5/9/2008 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have these a few from Too Faced and my HG CHANEL duos...This is a great everyday eyeshadow, and not too harsh on the lids. With the price... I love high end products so the price is great for everyday use and the quality is great too...All in all the pigmentation is medium to full and compared to my CHANEL e/s, I won't feel so guilty when I repurchase again!!!

on 4/20/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The eyeshadow came in a sample quad with the mascara I purchased. The colors are nice and they blend well but they crease very easily, even with a primer.

on 10/14/2007 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've always been a MAC-addict but lately, I've really been getting into Lancome. I really like the texture of these eye shadows and I find myself buying these over MAC and other brands more often. My favorite colors are Strut, Garment, and Latte.

on 2/11/2007 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I have Silver Shines and love it! This is my favorite eye shadow and goes very well with my blue eyes and blond hair. Fantastic!

on 1/1/2007 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These are surprisingly nice. I'm not a fan of the Lancome quads because many are chalky, but the color design singles are quite nice. They run about 14.50, which is just a dollar more than MAC. The colors have different textures, such as intense, metallic, and shimmer (IIRC). I purchased vue (a nice highligher), colour du jour (a satiny plum) and backstage pass (a shimmery, sheer plum). I can't say I love them just because the packaging is odd, with the clear plastic. I would have preferred MAC's packaging. It's worth it to try one color because Lancome has expanded its color selections, such as including teal and burgundies.

on 1/30/2006 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i have this in personal style.

this is the most beautiful, irridescent blue i've ever seen in my life. i love using it, its unique and a cute shade. the pigment is just right. the casing reminds me a bit of hard candy packaging, but more classy. this isnt flat color, it has a blue/aqua sheen to it.

its a good buy, for only $16 USD.

i'd recommend this for anyone whos looking for a color that isnt "flat" matte blue.