Lancome Color Design

Lancome Color Design

3.9

on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have Trendy Intense which is a seemingly dark purple. It seems pigmented in the case but is very sheer when applied. It's so sheer that you can not apply it alone; it seems to disappear when blended too much. It has an uneven application which can be irritating when some spots on your eye are a brighter purple than other parts. It goes great if a base color was applied beforehand (a gold/cream color would be good). I would never wear it alone for it is too bright for my taste; I'd have to apply a darker color for the outer edges to create a smoked look.

This review is for the " Guest List"

This is a beautiful shimmering deep coco brown. Guest List goes on sheer and can be layered for a more intense look. What really sttod out form Guest List, is that is definitely not a standard neutral, but goes on black-brown with shimmers...perfect for a transparent smoky eye, without the harshness of black and without being too warm, which

I personally dislike warm browns since they tend to look "beachy tan" rather than glamorous, on me. Guest List is rather neutral and I can wear it on pale skin without looking odd.

The transparency of the color is ideal, while still being able to see the color. This is great if one is looking for a very smoked out soft eye.

Highly recommended.

on 6/4/2008 3:32:00 PM

Well they look really nice in the store.
I bought a few of them.
I only have one left and that is Positive matte.
It's all right, but no better then most of my drugstore makeup.
I would only buy it again if it was under $10.00
And we all know that won't happen.
LoL

on 9/10/2007 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have these in Trendy (deep matte purple) and Personal Style (shimmery silver blue) and they both look great on their own or with each other.

The pigmentation isn't as good as other brands, say MAC, even though its more expensive ($15 to MAC's $14) so I doubt I'll repurchase.

The colors blend fairly easily and it's easily to layer them to create a more rich and intense look. With a good primer (I use UDPP), they lasted all day. no touch-ups needed! even through a sweaty workout. Impressive :)

on 7/24/2007 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a few of these and I have to say that Luring is probably my favorite. It took me forever to get that shade because everywhere I went it was out of stock! Overall, these are a vast improvement on Lancome eye shadows... not nearly as chalky or likely to crease as the old lines and very versatile with much mroe interesting and pigmented colors. Job well done!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG eyeshadow! I put this on after using Urban Decay Shadow Primer and it stays put all day. Looks freshly applied, no fading, just perfect! I'm assuming it's a mixture of the quality of the shadow and the primer together! Both are great products!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! The colors are beautiful too and it's very pigmented so a little goes a long way! :)

on 12/10/2006 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Positive (Matte beige shade). I've been using MAC Shroom forever and at 35 yo thought maybe matte w/be better for me.... this eyeshadow along w/Fatale which I just got too = the eye look that Kate Walsh has on Grey's Anatomy: beautiful classy understated and age-appropriate..... I use this w/Bare Esccentuals liner quad or bobbi Brown gel eyeliner = awesome, love it, can't say enough. Wish the packaging were a bit sturdier, am wary of carrying in makeup bag, seems like it could break.

on 6/20/2006 9:05:00 AM

These are just ok. I am in europe so I have some european shades: Downtown Cafe, Girly Rose, Sentimental Blue and Silver Shines. Many shades are incredibly frosty and metallic like Silver Shines, Sentimental Blue and Girly Rose. Girly Rose is very sheer too. Downtown cafe is matte and most versatile shade but it is also pretty sheer. And I love the new packaging without the stupid applicator. I feel sentimental blue is harder to blend. Silver shines too frosty to be flattering and Girly rose too shiny for polished look. I think these are just not for me. I prefer Dior and Chanel so much more. EDIT: just edited to say that I find these eye shadows performing fabulously as a wet liners. Colors become more vibrant, and seriously, I have never experienced any other eye shdow performing this well when moistened.

on 4/11/2006 10:42:00 AM

After reading the rave reviews I went and bought two of these shadows. If you are a MAC user I can see why you would rave. I buy MAC for the color but they are not the best quality shadows in the world. Stila can't be surpassed in terms of silky texture and sheer luminance. That being said, I am impressed with the color selection of these, and they do having staying power.

I purchased "The Pink Carpet" which is a shimmery (but not frost) fuschia color that can be sheer if applied with a light hand, but it is listed by Lancome as "intense". Believe it or not I got this to put under my brow to make my other colors (neutral shimmery tans and bronzes) pop. I get so many compliments and usually people would never think of applying this color where a "highlighting" color usually goes. And yes it looks natural! Try it.

I also purchased "The New Black" which is listed as a metallic color. It is a greyish black with silver micro glitter that I was hoping to use as a shadow liner around the base of my lashes. It is not black enough for me - goes on very grey unless used wet. The glitter does not really show up. I don't hate it and will continue to use it, but I did have high hopes for a unique color that were dashed.