Lancôme Color Design

Lancôme Color Design

4.2

on 11/1/2005 2:14:00 PM

I just got this in Waif. A matte beige, This is the perfect beige shadow I have searched for. It has stayed on all day! The smoothest shadow I've ever used.

Quite simply the best shadow on the market right now in my opinion. Colours are intense and true, last all day without creasing and blend like a dream. A great array of colours and finishes to choose from. At $20 CAD it is a little steep, but you totally get what you pay for. I have four right now, and as a dedicated MAC shadow fan, I have to say that I'm loving the CD way more. I hope that they keep expanding this line's colours. Yay Lancome!

on 1/30/2006 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i have this in personal style.

this is the most beautiful, irridescent blue i've ever seen in my life. i love using it, its unique and a cute shade. the pigment is just right. the casing reminds me a bit of hard candy packaging, but more classy. this isnt flat color, it has a blue/aqua sheen to it.

its a good buy, for only $16 USD.

i'd recommend this for anyone whos looking for a color that isnt "flat" matte blue.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I really wanted to try out these new shadows. I've been a MAC shadow fan for years, but I couldn't help but stray! Luckily there was a Lancome gift at the Marshall Field's so I bought two separate shadows. I got GAZE,( a shimmer shade) a beautiful shimmery beige-y peach and CLICK (shimmer shade) a taupe with hint of lavendar/purple. I thought Click reminded me of MAC's shale, but click is much more taupe-y and neutral on the face whereas Shale is much more pronounced as purple. I adore the packaging. I accidently dropped Gaze on the floor and it was OK no cracks (whereas my MAC shadows have cracked into pieces from falling). The shadows are SOOO silky smooth. I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion as an e/s base and blend these two shades together and it lasted from 11AM to midnight. I like how subtle the shimmer is, not garish at all. I was using Milani's e/s the day before and what a difference! Milani (although cheap as it is) is sooo in-you-face-shimmery whereas this new Lancome is so beautiful and subtle. I highly recommend and although its quite expensive at $14.50 a pop, I'll be going back for more.

on 4/11/2006 10:42:00 AM

After reading the rave reviews I went and bought two of these shadows. If you are a MAC user I can see why you would rave. I buy MAC for the color but they are not the best quality shadows in the world. Stila can't be surpassed in terms of silky texture and sheer luminance. That being said, I am impressed with the color selection of these, and they do having staying power.

I purchased "The Pink Carpet" which is a shimmery (but not frost) fuschia color that can be sheer if applied with a light hand, but it is listed by Lancome as "intense". Believe it or not I got this to put under my brow to make my other colors (neutral shimmery tans and bronzes) pop. I get so many compliments and usually people would never think of applying this color where a "highlighting" color usually goes. And yes it looks natural! Try it.

I also purchased "The New Black" which is listed as a metallic color. It is a greyish black with silver micro glitter that I was hoping to use as a shadow liner around the base of my lashes. It is not black enough for me - goes on very grey unless used wet. The glitter does not really show up. I don't hate it and will continue to use it, but I did have high hopes for a unique color that were dashed.

I purchased this in MAKEOVER, I had been looking for the perfect pink to wear for summer. This is my first Lancome eyeshadow and I have to say this is the prettiest shade of shimmery/metallic pink. It is a medium to dark pink and it almost looks like it has a slight pinkish/lavendar cast when the light catches it in certain ways. The formula is very pigmented and applies like silk. The color has stayed true throughout the day with no creasing. With my tan this color looks awesome, I am so impressed by this eyeshadow that I am looking to purchase more. This purchase was worth every penny, It is my new HG eyeshadow.

I love this eyeshadow. Usually when I wear eyeshadow it wears off quickly or it's not intense enough and people can't tell im using it. I bought this after getting a makeover. I bought it in aloha teal. It's a pretty summery shade. It lasts all day and doesn't crease. I love the way it makes your eyes stand out. This shade looks perfect with my tan skincolor. Will defenetly repurchase.

on 5/27/2006 6:28:00 PM

Lovely shocking colours. U cannot find colours like this in other brands. I liked the sparkly effects. Also the lancome assistants were really helpful, they showed me how to combine and blend, not like the EL shop girls.

on 6/20/2006 9:05:00 AM

These are just ok. I am in europe so I have some european shades: Downtown Cafe, Girly Rose, Sentimental Blue and Silver Shines. Many shades are incredibly frosty and metallic like Silver Shines, Sentimental Blue and Girly Rose. Girly Rose is very sheer too. Downtown cafe is matte and most versatile shade but it is also pretty sheer. And I love the new packaging without the stupid applicator. I feel sentimental blue is harder to blend. Silver shines too frosty to be flattering and Girly rose too shiny for polished look. I think these are just not for me. I prefer Dior and Chanel so much more. EDIT: just edited to say that I find these eye shadows performing fabulously as a wet liners. Colors become more vibrant, and seriously, I have never experienced any other eye shdow performing this well when moistened.

on 9/23/2006 2:25:00 PM

I have 4 of these shadows:
Personal Style (metallic aqua/blue),
Luring (purple/green duochrome),
Style Section (metallic silver), and Fashion Forward (metallic light seafoam green).

The Color Design shadows have some very unique and pretty colors and textures, especially the metallic and sheen finishes. (Although some of them are MAC/Urban Decay lookalikes) The price is reasonable compared to other department store lines. They don't last as long as my MAC shadows do, even with primer potion or paints as a base. However, I will probably head over to the Lancome counter and pick some more up when I need to satisfy a new makeup urge and don't want to wait for a MAC or NARS order to arrive in the mail. ;)