Lancome Color Design

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancome Color Design

4.3

Lancôme eyeshadow is by far one of my favorite shadows on the market! Even though its a solid (dry) shadow, it had a nice creamy feel. (Dry, soft creamy texture...not actually wet!) A little goes a long way and I love how it adheres to the brush perfectly. It doesn't fall off or just not stick. It spreads evenly and the color is so vivid, what you see is what you get. No mind games. They have a wonderful color selection, although I would prefer a bit more in between colors. Shimmery, glittery and matte! Gotta love a selection.

on 12/1/2012 4:55:00 PM

I have this in no 121 Classy Stiletto which has a lustrous finish. In the pan this looks like a shimmery pink shade. When swatched you can see it has more depth to it and has a taupe undertone to it. I have several other eyeshadows that look similar in the pan but swatch as pure pink. This is so much nicer and it is very soft and east to work with.
I would describe it as a satin finish with a medium amount of shimmer. It looks more glowy than shimmery on the eyelid. I have experienced no fallout during application or weartime.
The sliding package is not the sturdiest in the world but very easy to open,has a see through panel and does click shut. I've had mine 4 months now and it hasnt broken yet. Very impressed with this eyeshadow.

on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have Trendy Intense which is a seemingly dark purple. It seems pigmented in the case but is very sheer when applied. It's so sheer that you can not apply it alone; it seems to disappear when blended too much. It has an uneven application which can be irritating when some spots on your eye are a brighter purple than other parts. It goes great if a base color was applied beforehand (a gold/cream color would be good). I would never wear it alone for it is too bright for my taste; I'd have to apply a darker color for the outer edges to create a smoked look.

on 3/21/2010 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I received a sample palette with 4 colours in it: Model (metallic copper), Creme Lustre (simmery dusty white), Chic (matte milk chocolate brown) and Strut (intense forest green). The colours are heavily pigmented and compliment each other really well. They should be used with a light hand because of how much pigment there is. The palette itself lasts a long time.

on 1/26/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a quad with bronze, brown, blue, and champagne shadows. The shades are pretty and go well together, but the pigmentation is not nearly intense enough, so the whole looks gets watered down. The lasting power is below my standards as well, and the colors aren't exceptional enough to merit purchasing on that alone.

on 12/28/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a quality product. I have this in click. It is a gorgeous color and very pigmented. It stays on all day. I never have any creasing problems with this eyeshadow. It doesn't irritate my eyelids or dry them out. It blends easily and feels smooth. The packaging is great. It is so cute. I love the slide/see through top. I've already purchased another one in this shade and can't wait to try other shades as well. I've tried A LOT of eye shadows and this is hands down one of my top five favorites. Love Love Love!

on 9/21/2009 9:26:00 PM

I love the packaging! its a clear top that slides to open and is compact. Also, these shadows don't break easily when they are dropped. Anyway, i love this color. I honestly was a little afraid when i bought it that it would look ridiculous like child's make up but it ended up beautiful. It looks great in the summer when i get really tan or i layer it over black to get a deeper color at night. I also think it looks great with silver or other blues. Feels super smooth and has great pigmentation

on 6/10/2009 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is mainly for Aspen Nights (Metallic) with some comments on Pink Veil (Sheen).

I bought the above two, along with Five Star (Metallic) and Garnet Sensation at a local outlet fragrance store during the end of the year holiday season sales for $5 each (I KNOW). I believe all four colors are Discontinued, which is why it was on sale like that (the store had a ton of Lancome stuff on sale for $5 a pop, including Juicy Tube Swirl and the Gloss pots, as well as eyeliners in colors such as Metallic green among others).

Packaging's awesome. not the box itself, but the palette that holds the shadow. It's round (as most shadows are) but instead of a flip or twist off, it actually slides upward, similar to a slider phone. Like some others reviewed, it's REALLY fun to slide it. It also makes it much cleaner/easier to use, as I can now hold the e/s in one hand and be able to open and close it, while I apply with my right hand. VERY convenient, and a fantastic design.

Pink Veil is a pale pale pink with slight silvery sheen. It makes a good base color, though I rarely use it. The one I use the most is the Aspen Night, which is a Metallic dark gray (something like a gunmetal gray with more shine) though once applied, it's not all that glittery. I've started to use it a lot recently because I realized pure black eyeliner (what i used before) is too stark for my mono lid asian eyes, so to widen my eyes (but in a less obvious way), i use the shadow as a "smudge" of my liner. I found that it also works really well for smokey eyes in conjunction with some other eyeshadows I have.

My only problem with it, is that it doesn't seem to be all that pigmented. Please note that I've never used it with a primer, and i'm not using $30 eyeshadow brushes either. I am also not a makeup professional, and only recently started using eyeshadows. But unlike the Victoria's Secret eyeshadows I bought as experimentation, which were VERY pigmented and i was able to pick up very easily with a slight dab of the brush, Aspen Night was much more difficult. I had to either twirl the brush in the shadow for a while to get any color, or as I found out, it's just easier to apply with a sponge applicator instead, as it the press on my eyelid is heavier and i was able to pick up more shadow with the rough surface of the sponge.

Staying power is superb on me. it has never so much as smeared or gave me panda eyes or anything of the sort, and I never use anything as primer (i don't use foundation or concealer, or even any sheer powder if it's just going to work). Granted please note that I do not have oily lids, not to mention i have like NO eyelid (monolid asian eyes anyone), just a big wide space between my eyes and my eyebrow.

overall, so far I wouldn't buy these at their original price just yet (though to be fair, I don't buy ANY brand at original price), but i'm totally going back to that fragrance store at year end to see if they have more (i still beat myself up for not picking up a quad palette for $10). The only color I think i woudl repurchase are slightly discounted retail price (rather than the $5 price) would be Aspen Night, as it has become my every day staple.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday along with some other Lancome products at Tj maxx for real cheap. The color i got is called garnet sensation its a very pretty kind of purple color. I tried it on and at first its kind of sheer but its buildable. It hasen't creased yet and its still just as dark as when I put it on. Plus the case is really cute the way it slides open. So I will probably buy some more as soon as I go back to TJ maxx!

This review is for the " Guest List"

This is a beautiful shimmering deep coco brown. Guest List goes on sheer and can be layered for a more intense look. What really sttod out form Guest List, is that is definitely not a standard neutral, but goes on black-brown with shimmers...perfect for a transparent smoky eye, without the harshness of black and without being too warm, which

I personally dislike warm browns since they tend to look "beachy tan" rather than glamorous, on me. Guest List is rather neutral and I can wear it on pale skin without looking odd.

The transparency of the color is ideal, while still being able to see the color. This is great if one is looking for a very smoked out soft eye.

Highly recommended.