Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil

Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil

Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Glycerin, Diglycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-20 Glyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-8, Parfum (Fragrance) Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, BHT.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for a while now and I have to say I really like it. It's my first oil-based makeup remover and I have no issues with it whatsoever. The only thing I will say is that it takes more than 2-3 pumps to remove waterproof mascara for me. I will often have to use 4 pumps, but the longer you (gently) massage the oil into your skin/makeup, the better result it gives. So yes, I would recommend it.

I have sensitive eyes and skin, but this doesn't irritate them at all. It has a very mild beautiful scent, skin feels refreshed and clean afterwards. I do feel the need to use a moisturizer afterwards, but that's just what I always do anyway. The bottle of 200ml is so big, I feel like this is going to last me a long time. Worth the price.

on 5/21/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This cleansing oil is perfect for anyone who may not like the idea of makeup removing wipes pulling at their skin. It literally melts your makeup away (including waterproof eye makeup) and rinses right off leaving you with a clean glowing complexion. I've tried other cleansing oils that I liked a lot, but they all left a bit of makeup on my face and I would have to use a synergistic product to get my face squeaky clean. This product can basically do the job on its own, but I would still recommend either using it twice, or using an accessory cleanser to make sure you haven't got any traces of foundation lingering on your skin. Honestly though, it smells beautiful, it comes in a pump bottle for easy dispensing, and it works exceptionally well. I will never be without it again. If you have tried MAC's Cleanse Off Oil and liked it, trust me, you will LOVE this.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/14/2016 1:58:00 AM

This review is based on a deluxe sample I've received with my order and yes, I'll buy it when I run out of my Bioderma. It is the first oil I like, maybe because it's not an oil but it has oil like ingredients (Paula's review) It removes all of the makeup and leaves my face very soft and glowy :)

on 5/7/2016 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love it!

I don't use it as a make-up remover but as oil-based cleanser as I follow the Korean routine having to cleanse with face bi-daily with two cleansers, one water-based and one oil-based.

I have to say that is my first oil-based cleanser that I have ever bought, but it gives me high expectations about oil-based cleansers. I wasn't a great fan of Dior's beauty products, and because it was cheap for being a luxury brand I wanted to give it a try.

The bottle itself was elegant but a bit clumsy for me. When I applied on the face it was smooth and more watery than viscous, and the results were great! My skin was really nice and smooth without drying out.

on 12/26/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used to make my own oil cleansers very cheaply, and enjoyed my brief DIY project. However, I missed the luxury of a finished product, and a fancy bottle to admire on my sink. I received a small sample of this almost 2 years ago in a Sephora 500 point perk. I was expecting to hate it, and I didn't think an oil cleanser that didn't actually contain any oil would actually remove my makeup. I was surprised to love this product, and have been faithfully using it since. It's subtly fragranced and smells beautiful; sort of a delicate honeysuckle scent that doesn't irritate my skin, and it does a great job of removing makeup when applied to *dry* skin. It won't do anything if applied to wet skin, so it should definitely be treated like a traditional emulsifying oil cleanser in that respect. If my skin is feeling a bit sensitive, I do like to remove my eye makeup first, but this will definitely take mascara and liner off by itself without too much effort. I double cleanse, so I like to follow up with a creamy, non-foaming cleanser, but I don't think this is 100% necessary. It's just a habit I've gotten into since my DIY cleanser days. This is ridiculously expensive, and I notice they've upped the price a bit in the last year. I try to save money by buying a year's worth (~3 bottles) at a time during the yearly Sephora 20% off sale. I imagine I'll keep rebuying until I get irreconcilably offended by another price increase.

on 12/11/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

After using this for a month, i have to say i love it and i will definitely repurchase. I'm never lazy to cleanse my face anymore (even when coming home a little tipsy) because this makes it so easy. Just a few pumps on my dry hands/face and massage for a few minutes and rinse. So easy, yet cleanses skin so well!! Skin feels very clean and soft afterwards.

I have gotten advice from multiple people to stop over cleansing my oily skin because that's what's making my face so oily. They were so right! Using this products, and simplifying my skincare routine has helped me control my oil.

Besides cleansing my face really well, i can't say this products has brightened my skin or has helped with my occasional breakouts.

Love it anyway!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is excellent for me. I've not found anything else yet that I prefer. I have super oily skin & acne. This cleans off every trace of makeup. I notice some say it doesn't do well on removing mascara, but I've had no problem with regular or waterproof mascara. It's important to use it on dry (or they also say damp) skin & use your fingers. After rinsing off, sometimes I will wash my face with facewash or just leave it, as it leaves my skin fresh, cleansed, not greasy, but not dry. I do find it very expensive, but it really cleans the makeup out of my pores like no other cleanser I've used, so I will purchase it again.

on 9/15/2014 3:19:00 PM

I don't understand why this product get bad reviews, it is a great cleanser, especially for those who suffer with oily skin, as i do. I had previously tried the Kose Softymo speedy and this oil was good in removing makeup but caused me so many breakouts that i had to stop using it, i think this happened because it contains mineral oil in the formula...then i started to search for one cleansing oil without mineral oil until I found this one from Dior and i am glad i bought it, is leaves my skin so SOFT, well cleaned and bright.
This product does not irritate my eyes, I can rub my eyes to take the mascara off and I dont end up with irritated eyes. It removes waterproof products very well and easily.
You are supposed to apply this product on a dry face with dry hands and than massage into your skin, do not use a cotton pad to apply it.
You have to rinse it off with warm water to avoid an oil film left on the skin, overall i love it, i will buy it again and again! :D

on 8/31/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

im so glad to have discovered this cleansing oil!! in fact contrary to the name, there is no oil in this. i use a pump and a half for my face excluding my eyes and its heavenly! the texture glides so smoothly and then while massaging, it starts to "dry" or turn tacky and then i wipe it all away with a warm wet wash cloth. it cleans so easily and i will always own this. its never irritated my skin. its just a lovely product all the way around. i have not tried to use it to remove eye makeup as i have something else for this.

update: still loving this. definitley a holy grail product! :)

on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It doesn't feel like a cleansing oil. Doesn't even soften mascara (i dont know if this is a correct word, excuse my English). Mac cleansing oil is better