MAC Cosmetics Deep Pink

No Image

1 review

on 6/20/2006 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been looking for months for a matte hot pink/magenta blush, and this is PERFECT! It's not for the timid, though, or those who prefer a neutral look.

I have "high-contrast" coloring (pale pink-ivory skin, dark brown hair, very green eyes) and I love colors like this!

You do have to be careful, though. DP is such an intense color and so pigmented that it would be easy to overdo. As another reviewer observed, if you think "Dollymix" is frightening, "Deep Pink" will probably cause fainting.

Lightly and carefully applied, though, it looks great, like a natural pinky flush. I find it very face-brightening.

It's a Pro blush, so it can be a little tricky to obtain, but it is SO worth it!

I'll gladly buy this again, if I ever use all of this wonderfully huge MAC compact.

NOTE: I wore and loved this all summer, and have recently added MAC's "Magenta", DP's deeper and purpler cousin, to my blush collection. I love "Deep Pink" for warm weather, and "Magenta" for cool weather.
FURTHER NOTE: This really is a terrifying blush, and "clown spots" are a definite hazard. Before applying, be sure your cheeks are evenly dusted with transluscent powder, so that there are no patches where the color will "grab." Also a good brush is a must; I use the "powder" brush from the Mary Kay Signature brush set as my blush brush. "Deep Pink" is a wonderfully fun blush, and worth a bit of effort to apply. continued >>

Popular Blush Products