Duri Miracote

Duri Miracote

4.4

on 3/4/2016 10:52:00 AM

I'm the queen of impatience so I love quick-dry topcoats. This one is my current favorite. It applies so smooth and shiny, dries almost instantly, and definitely extends my mani. I prefer it because it seems to keep its texture a lot longer than the other ones I've tried, is pretty cheap (around $5) and has a very glide-y feel when you apply to ensure you don't F up all your hard work.

The other contenders:

-Sally Hansen Insta-Dry - awesome, but will get gloopy halfway through the bottle and when it gets dryer it drags on the nails while applying, possibly ruining your polish. But up until that point it's great.
-NYC In a Minute Rapid Dry - pretty great for $1!! Seriously. It performs almost as well as the others, has a thinner consistency.
-Seche Vite - gets very thick after a while, and I always experienced shrinkage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

THIS is what a quick dry coat should be. Duri Miracote seems to actually go back in time. That's how quickly it dries. Which is especially amazing considering how thick and glossy it is. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. The only quick dry top coat you'll ever want. I buy it on Amazon.

My FAVOURITE top coat! With this and my usual base coat, my manicure can last for up to 9 days, usually at least 5, and is still shiny!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Please keep in mind that this section is for MIRACOTE SUPER-FAST, DRY-THROUGH TOPCOAT. Some reviewers are confusing this product with the Duri line's strengthener, which is REJUVACOTE. I got my first bottle of Miracote yesterday to use with my Rejuvacote, and it seems to be working fine thus far. It dried quickly to a high-gloss finish, but I can't report on how well it holds up until I see how it does over time. I gave it only 3 lippies because it doesn't seem any different so far than any other ordinary fast-dry topcoat, but I will update and give higher marks if it really does turn out to be as incredible for me as it has for some other reviewers.

on 5/18/2010 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This works just like Seche Vite but w/o all that dreaded polish shrinking that SV does.
Price is comparable to SV ($8) but you get more product (0.61 oz Miracote vs. 0.5 oz SV) & Miracote doesn't thicken up the way SV does. It's also lavender tinted to prevent nail color from fading or morphing to some yellow tinge over time (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has that problem).
I bought mine @ Ricky's NYC but it's available online for $7 w/free shipping @ DuriCosmetics.com. Next time I'll get it from there.
Dries very quickly & stays shiny. Easy to use & the brush is substantial enough to cover nails easily.
Will absolutely repurchase. This is a great product.

on 5/27/2009 2:13:00 PM

Fantastic for a base coat or on it's own. It's not intended for fast drying like Seche Vite, it's a strengthener and by golly it works. Very thin and clear but dries rock hard.

I love this product. I am a nurse in an ICU and wash my hands a million times a day. I could never keep polish on before I tried this product. I typically work three 12 hour days in a row (yes it sucks) and my polish looks just as new as the first day I applied. I don't know of anywhere to purchase this product except on ebay. It is so worth it.

on 10/25/2007 8:13:00 PM

I tired this and I did not like it at all! It didn't dry my nails as fast as my usual top coat, Beauty Secrets 60 Second Top Coat ( available at Sally's) and they chipped after two days. Luckily I was able to return it and I purchased Creative Nail Designs Sticky Base coat, and it's been 5 days now and NO chips! I love it!!
I'm going to try Seche Vite Top Coat next, don't ask me why, since what I have now works just fine for me, but with all the hype, I have to see for myself.

on 6/12/2006 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I bought this product on the suggestion of a sales girl at GBS when they were out of Daby, my normal hardener. Haven't finished the bottle yet but this stuff is amazing. My nails have improved so much. They are strong and never peel or chip anymore. I'm definitely repruchasing this!!!

on 6/12/2006 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Some local nailbars use Duri as a top coat. It's OK - I'd really like to give it 3.5 lippies, as it is not nearly as good as Seche Vite. It is not quite as good as Poshe either. It's a 3rd place top coat product. Shiney, long-ish lasting and not too thick. Cheap too.