Liz Earle Liz Earle - Skin Repair Light

3.5

Not tested on animals

on 4/14/2016 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've tried every LE moisturiser now, and it's the only one l can use regularly with my problematic skin, due to its lightness. It has vit E and borage oil as the active ingredients. Right now l'm using it every 2 days in the morning; l alternate with Cleanance Mat to keep pores clear. This is thicker than Cleanance but blends in easily. It does prevent regreasing for a while as l used to use it at night and there was less grease in the morning. I also used it daily for a while, but it managed to dry out the edges of my face that aren't oily. They became red and started to itch. Like the others in the range, daily use will clog my pores. But most moisturisers do that to me anyway. I was surprised at how undifferent the 3 skin repairs are, if you've tried one you've kinda tried them all.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am writing a new review as my opinion has changed after writing a review for this back in August. That was during the summer, which is when my oily skin is all over the place and I break out easily. Since it's winter-spring time now and it's very cold, my combination/oily skin tends to be quite oily and really dry. My face was very clear but my skin has become more dry in the past few weeks and it started breaking out again. Using my regular moisturiser alone was not doing it for me, so I now apply this on top of my regular moisturiser onto the parts of my face that are dry.

Pros:
- dry skin is a problem for me at the moment and this product really hydrates my skin. My cheeks were bad in particular and kept breaking out, now they no longer do and I think it's down to this moisturiser.
- fresh, light scent. I prefer unscented products but I do like the smell of this one.
- packaging is lovely.
- love applying this to my neck and décolletage. Makes my skin so soft.

Cons:
- fantastic night time moisturiser, not something I could use in the morning though as it makes my skin oily quickly and my makeup will not last very long.
- not a product I can use all year round. I will have to avoid this again in the summer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought the travel size in this product first to try it before buying the full size. I am glad I didn't as after 2 weeks it broke me out. Really gutted as I use the cleanser and toner so would have like all 3 beauty products. It's also a average moisturiser nothing amazing dosnt close pores or give you a radiant glow. There is better products out there.

this is one of my holy grail moisturizers. my man also uses it! i have combination skin and am an unfortunate eczema sufferer (eyelids mainly) so i need to use incredibly 'clean' products. a friend recommended liz earle to me many years ago and i haven't looked back. i flirted with avène briefly as i wanted something readily available in singapore but it broke me out like mad and my eyelids were intolerant. this gives me such smooth and lovely skin, i will use it forever! in colder climates (i.e. when back in the UK) i switch the using the super skin at night and this in the day.

I have been using L'occitane Riz Rice moisturiser for years but it has sadly been discontinued :( so I have had to start looking again for a moisturiser for my combination skin.

Overall, I am happy with this moisturiser, it is definitely light weight and you only need a small amount as a little goes a long way. I would also say you could use this as a foundation base/primer as my foundation applied smoothly and easily over and doesn't dry out my skin like most moisturisers for combination skin types do, and keeps my skin hydrated.

For oil control, it doesn't do much at all for my oily forehead and I needed to reapply powder throughout the day! Packaging is in a long tube with a pump which is always an added bonus!

But for the price this is just okay.

on 12/12/2013 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I didn't like the Cleanse and Polish, despite it's rave reviews but thought I'd try a more natural moisturiser when my skin wasn't behaving... Cue, Skin Repair Light...

Truth? It's HORRIFIC. It broke me out into red cyst like pauples which scarred and looked very unhealthy. I must be allergic to the majority of Liz Earle products which is ironic as they're marketed to be all natural, therefore causing no reactions.

I don't reccommend it and the oil controling properties are terrible.

on 6/17/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is an amazing product. I also tried Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum and both do the same thing, they instant plump the skin so imperfections are diminished for the day that you use the product. But what I noticed with the Liz Earle Skin Repair is my overall facial skin tone evened out really nicely. I love this product, but it is very expensive (£19.25 for just 50ml in the UK) and aged 20 I rarely get any spots at all, only need to wash my face once a day in the morning if I don't wear make-up, so I actually use Vaseline Cocoa Butter in the tub on my face because it seems really hydrating and has a similar effect to this product (not quite as good though!) and if I can use a deeply hydrating moisturiser and not get spots I will. This product I would save for days you want to go out in public but not wear foundation as it will reduce any redness or anything and not look oily, so it's a very nice product to use. It smells like play-dough though, which is a bit of a downside but keeps your complexion nice. I can imagine it would be amazing on teenage skin, but can't imagine a teenager being able to afford it!

If you aren't a student and you are a working woman who can afford more high-end types of products I would say go for it, because if you take care of your skin and hair the right way, with natural products and oils (like organic macadamia oil for hair and a natural product for your skin) you'll look naturally beautiful and not need to wear make-up and hair dye/hair spray which just damage your hair and skin. And to be quite honest, sometimes I just see girls with an orange face, false eyelashes, split ends, dyed hair in a bun and find it gross. It seems to be more middle class women who wear less make-up because they can afford to take care of what's already there rather than just plaster over it with other stuff and make it worse. If you're a student like I am I'd say it doesn't really matter too much about appearance, but once you're about 25+ the way you dress and present yourself is really important because people make more judgements about you based on the way you look.

on 5/27/2013 4:31:00 PM

I had been using Liz Earle cleanse and polish for a while but was using cocoa butter (very lightly) to moisturise my face as I'm sensitive to alot of moisturisers and have bad acne scarring on my chin so thought the vitamin e in the cocoa butter would help my scars. The cocoa butter was fine in winter but as it started to get hotter it was way too greasy for my skin! I decided to try the skin repair light on a friends recommendation and I love it! It's so light and sinks it straight away, it also helps control my skin throughout the day and best of all its massively improved my scars in just a week! When I first used it I think I applied too much because I broke out on my forehead (where I almost never get spots) I think where the product sinks in so quickly it's easy to use to much as you're trying to massage it into the skin. The smell of the product is ok...doesn't bother me either way but I love the packaging! Pump for hygiene and convenience and it's really petite so doesn't take up much space. Coupled with the hot cloth cleanser and tonic my skin looks so much brighter and fresher and its evened out my skin tone and reduced alot of redness. My skin in oily/combination but leans more towards the oily side and i get break outs very frequently. It may not be for everyone but then I thought it wasn't for me until I realised I was putting on too much! Price wise I got 75% off so I thought it was a bargain, I wouldn't usually want to pay 20 for a moisturiser but would definitely get it with discount again.

No good for my sensitive/combo skin. My rosacea flared up badly. I like the texture though. Won't re-purchase and wouldn't recommend for sensitive or reactive skin.

on 5/17/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow. This wasn't good. I wouldn't consider this a 'light' mosituriser at all, it feels quite heavy on the skin and takes a while to absorb. AS for balancing I experienced the complete opposite, my face felt uncomfortably greasy the morning after, especially around my T Zone, and I ended up breaking out pretty quickly.