Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

4.1

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

on 12/22/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this so much because it is very basic. It is perfect to get every last bit of impurities that may be left over after double cleansing, cleansing and/or masking. I love the smell and the fact that my skin does not feel drawn after. You know, tight and dry. I will continue to repurchase, I get it at Target. No frills toning is necessary for my morning skin routine because I like less emollients for preparation of makeup application. This gets the job done.

For quite a long time, I thought this product was helping my skin. When I would run out, I would immediately go out and buy another. Recently, I ran out and had another product on-hand to try - this is when I realized how much this was NOT helping and was actually doing damage! The tightness and dryness I would feel and see after using this product is no longer an issue. I would not recommend this product.

on 12/21/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty sure my skin just doesn't like witch hazel.

on 12/17/2018 3:08:00 PM

I wanted to give a try to this toner because all the good reviews and how easily i could get it and how affordable it was.
Sadly it broke me out and my skin is not acne-prone, AT ALL.
The only good thing i got from this is that now i know that my face is also sensitive, the bad part is that i now have scarring on my cheeks and i have never had some like this before.

on 12/12/2018 10:12:00 PM

I have a sensitive and acne prone skin that makes me very selective when it comes to trying skin care products. Usually when I try products that have good reviews here, they’re truly proven to be good. But this toner is not one of them I don’t know why. My face started to get red right after I applied this. I didn’t wash it off and kept it for a day. And later at night when I cleansed my face, I realized my face got rash. And I don’t really like the smell too. Not sure what to do with the remaining product now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not sure where this went wrong for my skin considering I use Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin spray with no issues and thinking this toner would be somewhat similar to Heritage's Rosewater spray, I bought this to use after my oil cleanser or to use on my skin in the morning prior to my Vitamin C serum. Big mistake. At first this stuff stung my skin and made my face turn bright red and my skin felt hot then I started breaking out pretty bad, my skin started to dry out and my skin's texture started to look rough, not dry patches just rough in texture and then the breakouts happened.
Now, I can use plain Witch Hazel with no issues, my skin actually loves Witch Hazel. But this stuff from Thayer's is not boding well with my skin. I normally just use the alcohol free Witch Hazel toner from Walgreen's house brand with no issues at all but I can't find that in stores anymore. I have no issues with aloe nor any issues with rosewater so it's hard to pinpoint what's in this that has caused such a bad experience from this.
I just did a TCA peel over a week ago, my skin has been clear of peeling skin for quite awhile, so I tried reintroducing this Thayer's toner back into my routine after my skin was done peeling. My skin looked amazing after I was done peeling. No breakouts, even skin tone, nothing to complain about. And then I stupidly used this stuff and now my skin looks awful.
My pores look huge and I don't even have enlarged pores. I'm breaking out in places I never breakout such as my nose and forehead. It's as if all the hard work the TCA did and all the actives I use like Tretinoin has been reversed 10 fold. My skin looks so much worse now than it did before my TCA peel and my skin looked fine before the TCA peel.
I feel annoyed with myself because I have continuously given this stuff a try, hoping it will work for me over and over but it just doesn't.
I have no idea what to do with this awful stuff cause I hate the idea of wasting something that someone else could use. I can't donate it to Project Beauty Share since it's already been opened. I don't know anyone who is into skincare. So I guess the drain can have the toner part and my recycling bin can have the bottle. I can't use this on my chest or any other parts of my body since I am prone to body acne.
Edit 12/13/18: Still breaking out on my neck thanks to this crap. So pissed right now looking at my skin, all the hard work I did to clear it and get it to where it was before this toner, all gone thanks to this!
It's been over 12 days since I discontinued using this toner, I believe 2 weeks IIRC, yet I'm still suffering from the ramifications of using this awful toner, luckily the enlarged pores I had from this are all but gone (I'm not prone to enlarged pores).
I see the user furtowncentre on the second page of the reviews for this toner had the same reaction I did: breaking out on her neck. I see no end in sight to my breakout on my neck. It took so long to clear my neck acne only to have this crap erase all the hard work I did to clear it. My guess is it will take several months now to clear my neck and much longer to eradicate the red pigmentation scarring this crap caused. Thanks Thayers for erasing the all the time and hard work it took to clear my neck acne, you helped to bring it back in a matter of days.
I highly recommend anyone who is acne prone reading the reviews for this toner to stay far far away from this toner.
I will be back to update this review.

on 11/20/2018 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this product. Prior to this I used an alcohol-based toner recommended by my derma. But I found that too harsh on my skin - it left my face feeling really taut after application, to the point where I can feel my skin straining when I move my face. With Thayers, since it’s alcohol-free, there was no tightness. Initially I thought it didn’t clean as deeply as my alcohol-based one because it felt too gentle, but I looked down at my cotton ball and saw the dirt.

This also helped tone down the oiliness of my t-zone. I’ve been using this for a week now, every morning and evening, and I realized I’m not as shiny as before.

I use the rose-scented one and it’s far from the clinical odor I was used to previously. Which is very good.

I also love the packaging. It has this clean, classic look with crisp typography, and the paper label just adds to the simple elegance of the bottle.

on 11/20/2018 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had previously picked up a sample of this when my skin was having a rough time with breakouts, and since then, I've gone ahead and purchased the full-sized bottle. I really like this stuff a lot!
I use it with a drop or two of tea tree oil and a drop of lavender oil on a cotton pad, and swipe it all over my face directly after cleansing with the Pacifica coconut milk face wash, and then follow up with the Andalou Naturals Daily Defense lotion, and finally some rose facial oil under my eyes. This combination has really helped my skin look smooth and even, with very few blemishes. The blemishes that I did have quickly healed once I incorporated this toner into my regime.
Is it expensive for a witch hazel? Yes, but it's also alcohol-free and contains other good ingredients, two claims which most other witch hazel brands cannot boast. I don't get any burning when I use this, which I always did in the past with other brands. On the contrary, I find this helps my skin to retain moisture, and truly makes my skin glow.
The packaging is okay; it's attractive and feels sturdy. The cap is a bit dodgy though. I don't like that it feels flimsy at the "hinge" where it opens. For $11, I feel like there should be something a bit more substantial. In the last bottle I had, the little stem inside the lid that kept it closed broke off, which meant it stayed open from then on. So the cap is a major area for improvement.
The packaging and price aside, I'll continue to buy this. Ever since I began using it, I've not felt the need to wear concealer or powder, because my skin has looked better than it has in ages.

on 11/9/2018 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Feels good on my hemorrhoids 😬 Has a soothing feeling

on 10/31/2018 10:52:00 PM

I fell for the hype and bought a sample size of this toner. Unfortunately, it made absolutely no difference in my skin. It did not improve acne or make my skin “glow.” I tried using this for several weeks, putting it in a different place in my routine and even using it twice a day at one point, but it never did anything for me. I feel like most of the glowing reviews for this product are probably coming from people who added this so-so product to a terrible or nonexistent skincare routine, and the only reason they are seeing improvement from this product is that they were not cleansing properly before and this product helps to get the last bits of dirt and makeup off your face. Unfortunately, that is not the purpose of a toner.

I will say that this stuff smells amazing, and is a nice mid-day refresher for oily skin.