Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel TonerAlcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

4.1

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Rose), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (made from Certified Organic Witch Hazel), Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I must have extraordinarily sensitive skin, because my experience with Thayers is very different from the thousands of glowing reviews floating around on the internet. I was super excited to try out this supposed miracle worker, but wow did my skin hate it! Right after I applied it, my complexion flushed bright red, and my face felt like it was on fire. I could not wash it off fast enough. I also tried out the cucumber version, and the exact same thing happened. I wish I knew what ingredient caused this reaction.

on 8/16/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had previously used Dickinsons Witch Hazel for over a year, and bought this just because my brand loyalty is terrible. Well that and the nice bottle and rose fragrance were a bit alluring. Toners seems to ebb and flow in popularity with skin care routines. I find them useful because cleansing doesn't always remove all your makeup. sometimes it's those traces of foundation that give you a lovely death rocker vibe, or those long wear foundations which are great until you need to wash them off. This some is a pretty standard size bottle which is a generous amount that will easily last months. It's a bit pricier than Dickinsons, but t's alcohol free so the additional cost can be justified. Honestly I did not think this would work as well since it does not contain alcohol, yes alcohol removes skin oil like nobodies business, maybe too much so and it can be irritating. This does effectively remove traces of makeup, and skin oils without over drying.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this so much. I've been following an adapted to suit my needs sort of Korean skin care routine. This is part of it. I have very well behaved skin that I consider combo but is probably oily as I'm 34 and have no facial lines whatsoever....all my same age (and similar pale skin toned) peers have lines so I'm thinking it's my skins oiliness (and maybe being biracial) that keeps them away. I don't really have major skin issues, aside from redness that seems natural to my coloring, not due to irritation but I can't be sure. So my goal is preventative anti aging and glowing skin. This definitely helps. It makes my pores appear smaller, helps with redness and smooth texture, and it's not painful or harsh to apply. It's refreshing and I look forward to using it. Plus it smells amazing, which is odd to me since I tend to dislike rose smells. Can I say this is a miracle product? No, because I didn't need a miracle....just a toner that didn't suck, hurt or make my skin worse. It's a lovely step in my routine and just a really really nice product. It's also reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using it for 3 years now and I feel like it kind of helps fade my acne scars. I'm in love with the scent tho! I put mine on a spray bottle and spritz it on my face every morning and night.

I wanted to like this product as I have used witch hazel in the past and not had any issue. I started slowly using only twice a week, by the third week I was having a reaction of cysts and pimples on my neck which is my clue as to a product not agreeing with me. After speaking to a girl at work with sensitive skin, I decided to use it on my chest and shoulders as she does. BIG MISTAKE; after two uses I broke out in a horrible rash that was made up of tiny dots all over my chest, upper back, up my neck and into the lower part of my face and down to my stomach! I had to go to the Dr and get cortisol cream to stop the spread that was like wild fire in just two days after stopping using it. I don't know what's in this product that I react to, but I've never had this happen in my life. I def recommend patch testing this product despite the rave reviews.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially liked this toner. It doesn't have a tacky residue and it's nice to use it to make sure that all the cleanser is properly removed.
Unfortunately, I have rosacea-prone sensitive skin and I can't use fragrant facial products without flared up redness and skin irritation.
I recommended it to a friend of mine who has a very dry skin. She hasn't found it drying at all, but unfortunately, in the long run, it caused redness and irritation for her face as well.
I know it's a cult product, but since we both had the same reaction I start noticing that YouTube beauty bloggers who swear by this toner also have pronounced facial redness.

I don't think this is a good product.

on 7/10/2018 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this.

I like that it's alcohol free, that it contains rose and aloe, that it's affordable, and that the new packaging (with the red cap) is adorable.
I like that the normal witch hazel smells like butt but this is actually enjoyable to use because of the natural rose scent.
I like that this does what a toner should do - removes any lingering makeup/cleanser and restores proper PH balance to my skin.
I like that this doesn't feel like it strips my oily skin.

I am on the fence about whether this is too moisturizing for my greaseball face in the summer.

I am not convinced that this, on its own, is a "miracle" product for my skin - I don't think it prevents breakouts or heals acne.

However, I find myself looking forward to using this every night after double cleansing my face. I believe it makes sure my skin is really clean without being harsh or punishing. I will probably continue to buy this, especially considering the alternatives out there. I think it's a good solid part of my skincare routine.

As stated in other reviews...I'm fanatical about my skin care. I stick toa strict and expansive skin care routine even when i feel to tired to deal. It has paid off in spades because i look 10yrs younger than my 39yrs with literally flawless skin. This toner (specifically the rose water and witch hazel with aloe Vera) has been an essential part of my skin care for years. I but the 11oz from Ebay(it's usually much cheaper than o on Amazon) and it lasts a good amount of time using it twice a day. First I double cleanse my face, apply whatever mask is scheduled for that night and after rinsing off mask, I apply this with a cotton round and part into face followed by my Essence. This is an amazing toner for such an affordable price. It containsno alcohol..unlike too many toners on the market, It restores your skin's PH levels, removes any trace of dirt our makeup that was still lurking deep in your pores, keeps your skin baby soft, clear of blemishes, and maintains a bright even complexion. I NEVER use another toner and after years it still remains effective for my skin. It holds so many benefits for your face that i can't fathom using a toner made with alcohol that just dries your face out. Some people buy them for the exfoliating acids but it's much more beneficial to do a good chemical peel 1-2 times a month(yes, they can be quite uncomfortable till you build a tolerance to the burning sensation) and use a toner that is good to your skin on a daily basis. I swear by this brand and in particular this toner

My first time to buy a toner and I saw the reviews only so I got it. My first and forever toner! It’s amazing!!!! I can use it in the middle of the day as a spray to keep my face refreshed and hydrated and moisturised. Recommended and will surely get another bottle! Maybe for the rest of my life! ❤️

on 5/23/2018 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This toner is my favorite thing in the world.. if you can get the Korean cotton pads where they’re kind of thin & come in many layers, do it!! I love those w/ this toner. After I swipe it on my face I put one layer on each cheek, forehead, and chin and let my skin drink up the rest of this gooooodness!! I even put it in a spray bottle & spray my face randomly throughout the day or over my makeup just before mascara.

This doesn’t break me out. If I’m breaking out bc of my period, I usually use a cotton pad w/ this on it and press it against the area and leave it there like a mini face mask. It really helps w my break outs!! And it just makes me feel soooooo good. Like I don’t think I’ll ever stop repurchasing lol.

My fav scent is the lavender one!! I haven’t tried the cucumber one, but the lavender one is my liiiife. I used to love the rose petal one, but ever since I tried the lavender one I can’t go back lol. I want to try the cucumber one, but I don’t want to not like it & wish I had bought my trusty lavender one instead... but one day I will!!

I have oily skin, but my dad has really dry cheeks... it’s been happening for a few months & we didn’t know why, so I made him use my toner & left the cotton pads pressed against his dry areas — and the dry skin around his cheeks & mouth were gone the next day!! He just doesn’t like the scent, but I wonder if the unscented one actually smells like witch hazel... regular witch hazel smells like poop :(

My fav part in my skincare routine!! I love it sooo much!!