Bobbi Brown Lip Sheer - Plum [DISCONTINUED]

Bobbi Brown Lip Sheer - Plum [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

If i had to describe it in one word, it'd be - Beautiful. It adds depth to the colour of my lightly pigmented lips. This lipstick somehow makes my face look healthy and radiant. For me, it looks best when worn during the daytime, in natural sunlight. One of the best colours (plummy, maroonish berry) for a sexy, natural pout and juicy looking lips! Highly recommended..Will definitely try the other colours in this range.

just bought it today so it is not discontinued (or they brought it back). Great color

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

My favourite lipstick ever and I just discovered it has been discontinued. I am devastated. This is very similar to Black Plum by Clinique. But this has deeper blood colour to it that the Clinique one.

I'm not quite sure how they did it, but the feel of this see-thru lipstick is so creamy! I absolutely love it. The color looks like YLBB in a slightly deeper, more polished way. The look is very natural and I like that it has a soft sheen instead of being shiny. It makes the lips feel soft and it is longer lasting than other lipsticks oddly enough and it only takes one swipe to get the sheer, perfect color that I'm looking for. Plum is a good, neutral reddish hint of tint.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this about a week ago. It was my first BB l/s. I've tried more sheer lipsticks than I care to remember, and although I could find the coverage and color I liked, they had no lasting power. This lipstick is creamy even though it is sheer and it is a nice true plummy color and that is nice for the winter. It is not as shiny or moist as some of my other sheer lipsticks, but has nice staying power. I will probably try some of the other colors although I think the selection is somewhat limited.

A great color, very similar to Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick, but with more staying power. Long lasting and not drying.

I wear a full face of makeup (eye shadow, blush, eyeliner, mascara, foundation) but I have difficulty wearing lipstick. I feel funny with dark colors and lip gloss has to be applied so often I forget to keep doing it. So, when I saw these lip sheers I was excited to try it. I LOVE this!! Plum is just enough to make my lips look like they have color but it's not drastic. These feel great on and they look good under gloss if I put on gloss. They are expensive, but to me it's worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like very much my new Bobbi Brown lip sheer in the color plum. This looks like a clear berry-plum color on my almost unpigmented lips. This lipstick is sheer but there is still alot of pigment in this lipstick. I find the staying power is much longer than many sheer lipsticks I own. This feels nice and moisturizing on my lips, not dry like I have found some of Bobbi Brown regular lipsticks to be. I wish that she would expand the color range on the lip sheers - Plum was the only color that appealed to me. I would love to see a lip sheer in a pinky-brown.

As stated in the other review, this is a newly formulated lipstick just recently released by Bobbi Brown and exclusive to Nordstrom. I actually bought the Bare, not the Plum. The consistency is indeed sheer and is much lighter in texture than the regular Bobbi Brown lipsticks, though a bit heavier/thicker than the Lip Shines. It's perhaps similar to the MAC Lustre lipsticks, though the MAC Lustres are a bit more lightweight I think. It isn't a matte and doesn't have any shimmer, but goes on light, feels creamy on the lips, and has a hint of a glossy shine. The products description, "a wash of see-through color" is actually pretty accurate. The Bare is a light peachy-brown shade and adds just a hint of color. Usually sheers don't last a minute on my lips, but this one has decent staying power, though it doesn't last as long as regular lippies do for me.

One thing I do wonder about is if this might be a reforumlated (or perhaps even just renamed) version of the now discontinued Bobbi Brown Lip Stains. I never actually tried those, but I do remember that there was a Bare in that formula, as well as a Pink Berry IIRC (and maybe a Cranberry?), which are also other shade names of the Lip Sheers.

While I do like this lippie fairly well and might consider buying another, I still think I prefer the MAC. Though I'm not a newbie, this is my first MUA review and was asked to write it, so I do hope it helps someone! :-)

This is a new line of BB lipsticks available only at Nordstrom. There are about 10 colors. I bought the Plum. This is a nice sheer, but long-lasting dark reddish-pink color. Has slight stain-like qualities. A good look for the fall and winter when you want darker shades, but not matte. It looks like the shades are divided between cool and warm shades. Definitely worth taking a look at.

Popular Lipsticks