CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I started using this product while I was having some of the worst breakouts of my life and was trying to "repair" my skin's "moisture barrier." After a few weeks of using this as a moisturizer twice a day, my breakouts calmed down and my skin seemed healthier. However, I realized that I was actually breaking out very badly on my neck. I always apply my moisturizer down the neck so I tried swapping this lotion out for a different moisturizer, and the remaining breakouts finally subsided. I wasn't ready to part with this cheap, well-formulated moisturizer so I tried using it again several times, but my face would get congested and I'd get a rash of breakouts all over my neck every time. Definitely worth trying if you can get a sample bottle, but beware if you are acne-prone.

on 10/22/2018 5:39:00 PM

This has been my go-to facial moisturizer for at least 8 years. Doesn’t break me out, doesn’t leave a greasy finish. During the winter when my skin is the driest, I may have to layer it a few times onto the drier patches...overall HG moisturizer. I don’t love the huge pump bottle but can’t have everything.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as my facial moisturiser am & pm. It is incredibly good value, fragrance free & doesn't break me out. When I use this, my skin feels comfortable & hydrated. Although it says for normal to dry skin, I think it is more suited towards normal to combination skin (possibly even oily) as it is fairly lightweight, yet still very hydrating. I think drier skins may need a little more than this

on 7/26/2018 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Every dermatologist out there recommends CeraVe products. And I get it. This is a wonderful formula for the price point. Ceremides, glycerin and hyaluronic acid are all deeply nourishing for all skin types, especially the damaged, sensitized skin I was suffering from this spring. HOWEVER CeraVe products are silicone bombs and if you are sensitive to preservatives, alcohols, or silicone you are going to have problems. I did for sure. I currently constellation of pinprick pimples all over my face.

Silicones are not bad in themselves, but they tend to trap other ingredients deep in the skin, so pore clogging problem ingredients like Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate, and Cetyl Alcohol have nowhere to go.

I can see myself using this up as a body moisturizer or continuing to dab a little bit on problem spots, but probably won't repurchase and will be seeking out healthier alternatives.

on 7/20/2018 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Used this moisturizer combined with the cleanser to repair my skin after a bad reaction from a previous product (not sure if it was over-exfoliating or allergic, but it was bad).

I really love this product. You get a lot in the bottle, and a little goes a long way for my combination skin, so it's an amazing value. I use it over my face, neck, and decolletage.

on 6/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this for 3 years now and I know that I’ll always use it. It’s really light on your face and you can feel the skin getting really hydrated, sometimes I feel the need to apply it more than twice a day. And the list of ingredients is full of helpful factors (as glycerin). Recommend it 👍🏼

Given the high quality of ingredients, I don't know why this isn't more moisturizing. It's summer in New England, very humid out, and still this lotion doesn't moisturize my face or my hands enough. I would try the cream, but don't want the giant tub.

on 5/17/2018 10:53:00 PM

Oh, I just love this, so lightweight, I could put it on all day. I use it to add my retinol, night and day moisturizer.

on 5/16/2018 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Turns out I can’t use this on my face, I tried on more than one occasion only to realize it was causing large cystic zits on my chin and jaw area. Love it for my body in the summer, winter it’s not moisturizing enough and I go through it way to fast having to reapply.

on 4/22/2018 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this based on Youtube reviewer Dr. Dray, I'm 51 and need a moisturizer that's gentle without clogging pores and has antioxidants. As someone who is experiencing menopausal acne, I can't have anything too heavy or it will aggravate my acne.

After a few months of use (I use it for a.m. and p.m. routine), I have to say I'm impressed! CeraVe is lightweight, absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. It might be ok for people with normal to (mildly) oily skin. Those with very dry skin, this might not be enough moisture. My husband uses this as a post-shave balm and it's perfect for his sensitive skin.

I love that it has anti-aging ceramides, no fragrance and moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid (much-needed at my age). In the morning, I use this right after cleansing and my antioxidant serums and before my sunscreen. At night, I use it after cleansing and before my retinol and it acts as a buffer - it's actually reduced the irritation from the retinol!

Admittedly, with it's Plane-Jane packaging, it's not 'sexy' but it's effective, non-irritating, fragrance-free and very reasonably-priced. I paid $9.69 for 8 ounces at Target using the $2 off coupon.