CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this for 3 years now and I know that I’ll always use it. It’s really light on your face and you can feel the skin getting really hydrated, sometimes I feel the need to apply it more than twice a day. And the list of ingredients is full of helpful factors (as glycerin). Recommend it 👍🏼

Given the high quality of ingredients, I don't know why this isn't more moisturizing. It's summer in New England, very humid out, and still this lotion doesn't moisturize my face or my hands enough. I would try the cream, but don't want the giant tub.

on 5/17/2018 10:53:00 PM

Oh, I just love this, so lightweight, I could put it on all day. I use it to add my retinol, night and day moisturizer.

on 5/16/2018 9:13:00 PM

Turns out I can’t use this on my face, I tried on more than one occasion only to realize it was causing large cystic zits on my chin and jaw area. Love it for my body in the summer, winter it’s not moisturizing enough and I go through it way to fast having to reapply.

on 4/22/2018 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this based on Youtube reviewer Dr. Dray, I'm 51 and need a moisturizer that's gentle without clogging pores and has antioxidants. As someone who is experiencing menopausal acne, I can't have anything too heavy or it will aggravate my acne.

After a few months of use (I use it for a.m. and p.m. routine), I have to say I'm impressed! CeraVe is lightweight, absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. It might be ok for people with normal to (mildly) oily skin. Those with very dry skin, this might not be enough moisture. My husband uses this as a post-shave balm and it's perfect for his sensitive skin.

I love that it has anti-aging ceramides, no fragrance and moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid (much-needed at my age). In the morning, I use this right after cleansing and before my sunscreen. At night, I use it after cleansing and before my retinol and it acts as a buffer - it's actually reduced the irritation from the retinol!

Admittedly, with it's Plane-Jane packaging, it's not 'sexy' but it's effective, non-irritating, fragrance-free and very reasonably-priced. I paid $9.69 for 8 ounces at Target using the $2 off coupon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm so happy that CeraVe is finally available in the UK! I bought their nighttime lotion when I was in US a while ago and my dehydrated, parched skin loved it (it seems to love everything containing glycerine). Sadly this product is not included in the UK lineup but this lotion is pretty similar in consistency (not so much in the ingredients as the night lotion has niacinamide in it) and it also has a pump.

I know it is supposed to be a body product but I use it mainly on my face. I don't use tap water on my face (it dries it out too much) so in the morning, I'll massage a pump or so of this lotion, wipe it off with a tissue, spray some Avene or Caudalie thermal water and then apply again a thick layer of this on a slightly damp skin. By the time I finish with my shower and hair my skin is beautifully plump and glowing. Absolutely love it. No allergic reactions, no tightness, no dryness, no pimples. I'm loving having it back in my routine. I have currently run out of a hyaluronic acid gel (need to repurchase urgently!) but I bet when put underneath it would maximise the plumping and hydration effect of this lotion.

Easy to use (pump!) and I appreciate that it contains no fragrance.

on 2/27/2018 3:37:00 PM

Best body lotion I have ever used! This is better than Caudalie, better than Clarins or body butters from any brand. I am in my 50s and live in Canada. Our winters are cold and dry and my legs flake. This lotion keeps my skin comfortable for a couple of days with regular use. There is minimal smell, it dries reasonably quickly, it leaves a silky finish. It has ceramides so it actually has skin benefits for anti-ageing. I absolutely recommend this to anyone. I think you could use this on your face without any issues if you followed up with sunscreen. If you are on a budget, this is a great all-purpose lotion and even if price is no object, this is simply the best body lotion. And it has a pump. Yes, the packaging is not fancy or elegant, but it is functional and the product inside is superb.

Another YouTube highly rec'd product. I'd used it briefly and wasn't impressed but after seeing how it works on accutane-skin, I thought I'll try again. I'm just dry and flaky cuz I am -no accurate or anything. It moisturizes nicely -I think I disliked it at first cuz it takes a while to sink in. Now my fave moisturizer. Plus it's cleared up the KP on my upper arms and doesn't cause any clogged pores on the body. I still like a heavier lotion on my legs cuz they tend to b drier from heavy winter clothes, but overall this stuff is pretty fab! Much cheaper than Avene and similar results.

on 12/28/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried this several times, and I've used the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion on my face every morning for the last 6 months, at night I use other things. I use the PM for day because II don't like the sunscreen in the day time version. I don't love it but I got tired or the La Mer prices and its a decent moisturizer for my normal skin.

The moisturizing lotion in this review I have only used on my body, particularly my legs which are always dry in the winter. I know it has a lot of good things in it for your skin. The photo with this product doesn't match any on their website. Maybe they changed the bottle but mine says Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I think this is better than nothing but if you're looking for a good moisturizing lotion, I don't think this is one of them. I know it's wildly popular, recommended by many dermatologists but I don't care what they say, I've purchased this many times and it doesn't moisturize well. Eucerin Advanced and Intensive work much better for me. The Cerave cream in the tub works better than the lotion, but I still think many other drugstore moisturizers are better and Lotil beats them all. I used to get Lotil from Caswell Massey but they stopped carrying it so now I have to order it from Vermont Country Store or get it on Amazon (much cheaper on Amazon) but some of the recent reviews complained of a bad scent so I am afraid to order it from them. I wish they would make it a drugstore item in the USA and I could just stop buying the others.

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 11/27/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Although this product is intended to be used on the body, I use it on my face as I find the formula almost identical to the product geared to the face, minus the niacinimide. Niacinimide tends to irritate my skin so I prefer this version. The bonus is you get a huge bottle (355 ml or 12 oz) for the same price. I find it very moisturizing but not too greasy.