CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe  Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Got this from my brother. The dermatologist recommend this lotion for him as he had a rash covering most of his chest. No scent, so it didn't irritate my face at all. Doesn't feel sticky or heavy and easily absorbs into the skin.

on 2/8/2017 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is the worst product ive ever tried; causes cloged pores and big white bumps in face. in the body this doesnt work for me; this leaves the skin tight and dry. This sucks! I cant believe how much the majority of people support this product, broke me out like crazy to me and two other persons that also did use it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Good. No harsh ingredients.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BROKE ME OUT WITH RED SPOTS,MADE MY SKIN FEEL STICKY LIKE CHEAP LOTION,I WILL STICK TO MY CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL MOISTURIZER SPF 15 BECAUSE IT KEEPS MY SKIN BABY SOFT WITH NO BREAK OUTS.

on 1/21/2017 12:51:00 PM

Simple, no fragrance, contains hyaluronic acid, ceramides, glycerin, and all the key ingredients for soft, supple, smooth skin, and because its in a pump form and not a jar, you won't lose all the benefits of those ingredients. Great price point @ under $15 @ Walmart and there's always $3 & $4 off coupons on Cerave in the Sunday paper too, making it even more affordable. I'm 47, combo skin, no acne or acne scars, and blessed to not have any crazy wrinkles yet. This moisturizer is great because you can use it day or night, it also gets a 5 star rating on Beautypedia by Paula B, and we all know she's hard nosed about giving 5 star ratings on most moisturizers, anti aging creams, foundations or cleansers, I respect all her reviews and recommendations... Obviously not every product works for everyone, but she has never failed me, and products she has rated high, have always worked for me, and when she gives something 2 stars and I decided to try it anyway, its a flop! Lesson learned..Lolol....all in all, this is a solid 5 lippie product, give it a try.

on 1/11/2017 7:29:00 AM

Hands down best moisturizing ever imo. I have a normal to combination skin with large pores. My problem is I really do not like the heavy feeling of moisturizing creams. I know that for oily and combination skins, a water based moisturizer is better but I dont like the feeling of them and most of the time they are not delivering enough moisture. I wanted to have a basic moisturizer and this was beyond my imagination. I am mainly applying this in my night skincare and I have realized that in the mornings my skin has less sebum than usual. It is definitely better than embryolisse cream, which is hyped too much!
Pros:
-Lightweight application and moisturizing well.
-Nice ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid
-Huge amount of product for such drugstore price
-Light blocking, solid package with a pump

Cons:
None

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've always used Olay for my face but kept a bottle of this stuff for my whole family to use after a shower. We all loved how this lotion wasn't greasy and left your skin soft. Plus it's very gentle on my husband's sensitive skin. When I ran low on Olay I used this on my face once I read that it doesn't clog pores. Wow! I'm sold using as a face lotion! It leaves my face so hydrated and smooth. I also like how it never stings even after I exfoliate. My skin doesn't just suck it up but stays hydrated a long time. I've actually gotten a few compliments on my skin since using it for a few weeks :) I have mature skin that once was very oily in the T zone but now is more normal. I'm not sure how this would work on someone that has oily skin, it might be too moisturizing and leave the skin shiny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have dry, dehydrated & acne-prone skin. While this moisturizer doesn't necessarily break me out, it doesn't necessarily provide enough moisture to my skin, especially during the winter. The finish also isn't great, so I prefer to use it at night. On the plus side, the texture is really light and feels good upon application. The only thing is that the finish isn't great, and my skin still feels dry after a couple of minutes after applying.

on 12/23/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I use this for absolutely everything. It's excellent for sensitive and dry skin. It's light enough for summer nights, and I can't make it through winter without it.

Face:
- Before bed: after washing up/serums
- I pat/slather it on, over my lips, eyelids, chin, neck, decollete, hair line. Don't rub too much, let the water evaporate on its own to form a protective film.
- Morning: I wear light makeup and this always goes on first on my cleaned skin. Moisturizer and sunscreen is my priority always (order: moisturizer, chemical sunscreen, physical sunscreen--the oxides can be drying so do not skip the moisturizer. the chemical sunscreen binds to the stratum corneum so it needs to be applied before a physical sunscreen. remember to apply at least spf 30, dime sized. I do 2 layers to be safe)
- Mix it with eyeshadow/blush powders to make a cream paste and apply with a brush. Apply before lipsticks and stains to avoid lines.

Body: whenever and for whatever reason. I put it on my lips before lipbalm too. Apply it after cleansing areas with body acne to prevent overdrying and hyper oil production.

Pros:
- good for sensitive skin: I have psoriasis and am prone to allergic dermatitis so this is very important. There may be an initial burning sensation if your skin barrier is damaged (moisturize often, use a gentler cleanser, and give it 2-3 weeks)
- Non comodogenic
- has good water content so it can be applied to dry skin as well
- hyaluronic acid: the number 1 water retention molecule
- the waxy ceramides restore the skin barrier (stratum corneum is the 1/5 the thickness of a sheet of paper, and is made of dead cells and a lipid/fatty mortar)
- the price is excellent at $10 a bottle (12 oz), which can last a long time when use liberally and daily
- also commonly found in stores and is easy to replace
- the packaging is solid and reliable. It sits on my counter all day.

Cons:
- still just a mild moisturizer. It won't be as foolproof in preventing moisture loss as say, a thick layer of petroleum jelly or beeswax or plastic wrap but it is very elegant for what it is.
- I often apply multiple layers (waiting 5-10 minutes between each) before bed, or going out into chafing winter winds.
- Or apply it under occlusive creams like beeswax, petroleum, aquaphor, etc. (advisable for chapped lips--esp before going to bed)
- consider bringing a travel size when on the go

on 11/26/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
1. Moisturizing
2. Light and easily absorbed
3. Non-greasy
4. Does not irritate
5. Convenient package (pump)
6. Great price for so much

Cons:
1. Does not improve acne
2. Does not improve KP
3. Although not irritating, not soothing on already irritated skin either

I use this as my body and facial lotion (but I think it's more for your body since they have ones specifically for your face?) and I'll say that I prefer it on my body just because my main concern of my face is acne and this doesn't seem to help it at all. And although my main concern of my body is KP and this doesn't do much to "calm it down" (and my KP sometimes just shows up or "fades" by itself, I don't think that it's affected by this product), but it'd be a miracle product if it actually helps with KP, so I can't really blame it as a moisturizer. So now I'm on my third bottle of it because when I use it as a body lotion I use a ton!