CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to when feeling parched and irritated. Heck it's my ho to for anytime.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My Holy Grail moisturizer. I use this on my body and occasionally, my face if I get sensitive or overly dry. The texture is silky and moist (not thick or tacky) and soaks in almost immediately. My skin looks plump and hydrated after use and feels fantastic and healthy. It is fragrance free, as well as affordable. It even makes my nails look better. I love it!

on 8/2/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Breakout after a few days of uses. It started on day one and kept getting worse. I was writing to someone on MUA and asked her about this moisturizer, she suggested not trying it because it has the ingredient Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate. She broke out whenever she uses products with that ingredient. I decided to try my sample anyway, just to see and as expected I started breaking out in a small rashy acne type. It was bumpy, some red, some not. Some itches, some not. Kind of like clogged pores or hives, some turned into whiteheads some not, some inflamed. I knew it was a reaction to the moisturizer. So I stopped after a few days of uses. It also sometimes stung my face during the day-night. I had a bad reaction to CeraVe PM too, I guess their products do not work for my skin. I gave it to my mom who doesn't have any problem with it. My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone.

The moisturizing level of this product is low. I find that people with very dry or very dehydrated skin will not find this enough. People with oilier skin type might enjoy it. I have combination skin (using prescription cream) and found that it wasn't enough. Skin felt somewhat tight and uncomfortable. IMO it won't be moisturizing for winter and also if you use prescription cream-acne cream and so on. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is more moisturizing. However, the CeraVe one is less greasy-shiny than the Cetaphil one. I also find that I needed to apply a lot more of CeraVe for my skin to somewhat feel moisturized and even so, it wasn't enough. When I used the Cetaphil one, it was definitely enough moisture with no irritation-stinging.

Of course, if you don't have any problem with the ingredients in this product, this moisturizer would be a good choice since it is fragrance-free and has good ingredients for the skin.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (CeraVe Canada) they will send them to you so that you can test their products. However it might take a while before they respond to your message but they will send you samples. Even though this product didn't work for me, their customer service is good, you should ask them for samples before purchasing the full size.

on 5/4/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This used to be my HG for face and body. I really loved it. I used it for about 6 months in 2015 and my skin was silky and drenched in hydration.

Summer came and it was a bit much so I switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel and this product dropped off my radar.

Retrying it recently - while I still love the texture and clean non-fragranced scent, after a few minutes my skin started to burn and when I looked in the mirror my face was turning a bright shade of pink. I waited a week or so and retried - on clean skin etc. - the same thing.

Looking at the ingredients, I can't see anything has changed - I'm puzzled. Even stranger, my skin loves the cream formula.

on 5/7/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used and repurchased the PM lotion quite a few times and liked it. I have also used the Cerave cream on my body which I also like. I read quite a few reviews from people who had oily acne prone skin like me who use this particular lotion on their face as well as their body and love it so I had to give it a go. My skin, as previously mentioned, is oily and acne prone. I always use some type of acne wash twice a day and I also use albas mini peel a few times a week. Using the acids does help keep my skin clear but also makes my skin feel bit tight right after they are rinsed off. I love using this lotion both on my body and face! It's moisturizing enough but sinks in really fast leaving a matte like finish on my face. Doesn't break me out and doesn't make me even more oily. Got the bigger size in the pump bottle for about $8 so way more cost effective than purchasing the PM lotion. I have found my new go to moisturizer 😊

on 5/6/2017 10:56:00 PM

Yuck!

I mix my Vit C powder with this moisturizer. I've trued other moisturizers to use with the powder, but they all felt sticky. It feels light and does feel tacky after applying. I will continue using this product.

on 5/4/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Intensely dislike this product. Caused irritation to my hive and milia prone face. At the same time, it felt like it didn't absorb well into my skin. Odd because I do like Cerave Cream and SA Cream. In fact I feel that Cerave Cream just sinks in, absorbs and even mattifies (is that a word) my skin.

on 4/18/2017 8:44:00 PM

I use this on my face and body. It's a nice, light lotion with a good ingredient list.When I want a lotion that absorbs super quick with light hydration I grab this. It's not super fancy, but it's a solid product that I enjoy. If I want a break from heavy duty skincare then this is my pick.

Pros:
Provides light hydration
Absorbs fast
Wears well under makeup
Great ingredients
Easily accessible and affordable
Comes with a pump
Non irritating on my sensitive skin
Fragrance free

Cons:
None really. I wish there was a version with spf, so I could wear it under my makeup more often.

Man, this product is good. This is coming from a girl who has spent some serious $$ on expensive skin care. When I found this gem there was no more need to spend all that money on other moisturizers. This is now a staple in my skincare routine as it does everything I need it to do, it repaired my skin barrier, moisturizes well, and doesn't cause acne. WIN!