CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe  Moisturizing Lotion
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

This stuff is great!

A nice summertime moisturizer that's thin enough you don't get sweaty and has tons of good ingredients and no scent.

Literally the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. (Except the CeraVe cream, that's for winter)

Inexpensive and effective.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for almost 6 months now and I am still on my first bottle which is the first plus! I think the price is very fair. I love the pump on the bottle! It doesn't clog my pores and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and plumped. It's a nice thin formula so it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin in the summer. I use it in the winter as well but I also pair it with the Glam Glow Thirsty Mud in the colder months for added over night hydration. I don't have any complaints. A little about my skin for reference, I have fairly normal skin but combo/oily on my cheeks. I don't really break out expect for hormonal on my chin around that time of the month. I think it's worth trying!

To Read all 600 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2016 11:20:00 AM

Despite great reviews, it is ok product for dry part of my face but a no-no for oily skin, causes small pimples after use, and diminished after ceased of using cerave lotion.😕

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

June 7th Edit: Okay I previously stated this doesn't irritated my eyes when I have allergy reaction, now that when my eyes are back to normal, I try this on, it irritated my eye and it's back to minor allergy now! I don't know which ingredient I'm allergic to, but I'll certainly let my derma and family doc know about it. (they two recommended) I guess in the end, everyone skin is different, fragrance free isn't always the safest bets!

My eye area was suffering redness and allergy reaction. I got this sample from my dermatologist office. My family doctor also told me this is recommend if you have sensitive skin. I read the ingredient list. It has ceramide which is good. The rest are simple no frill ingredients, it's not meant to be anti-aging nor anything.

The Result? Lets start with the positive. It didn't irritated my face, which is good, and because this is so thin, non-greasy, this doesn't cause any break out, which is another plus.

So what's not to love? This leave my skin completely dry-up even during hot season. When I touch my face, it feel like sand paper... I woke up with dry patches, peeling... my eye area isn't any more allergic (but note, this doesn't cure the allergy problem! allergy pill does.) I am beginning to have dry fine line under my eye area. I can't really apply any concealer nor foundation over my skin.

If you have dehydrated or dry skin, be aware! This isn't for dry skin, probably not even for combination skin. However, it will be a fabulous choice for acne prone, oily skin. OR... if your skin suddenly suffer any reaction, redness and you need a fragrance free skincare until you're recovered.

I might keep this stuff just for the emergency purposes if I suffer allergy reaction (or if I have acne in my chin area during those bad skin days) But this won't be in my normal skincare regiment routine.

I like this moisturizer. Light, not irritating and wears okay under make up! I use it at night and in the morning if I don't use a sunscreen moisturizer. Gentle enough for my kids and I can use it on my face, body without any issue. Great value for the size of the product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This has been my daily post-shower body moisturizer (never used it on my face, though) for years. It keeps my skin feeling a normal level of hydration during the winter. I use it year round. It doesn't give me acne or any problems. It doesn't smell good nor bad. It is absorbed by my skin readily and is non greasy.

on 4/17/2016 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this lotion because I'm a cheapo and have super dry skin, and needed something I can slather a ton on my face & cerave pm is too expensive to do that. This comes in a big 12 oz. bottle and feels more moisturizing to me than both the cerave pm and cerave moisturizing cream, which are both more matte feeling than this (the cream being the most matte). The cream unfortunately breaks me out so this was my second choice.

The ingredients are identical to the cerave pm, except for the niacinamide and a fatty alcohol at the very end. So I was expecting it to feel almost exactly like cerave pm, but surprise! It feels more,, watery?? I don't know, but it feels thinner and more hydrating. It makes my skin super soft and helps to rebuild my skin barrier, with ceramides goodness.

I even used it all over my body when my skin was being stupidly sensitive, and it felt AMAZING. Very hydrated yet it felt like I had nothing on! Which gets a standing ovation from me, as someone who HATES the feeling of average lotion on the body and HATE the feeling of putting clothes on over lotions/creams. Cerave cream was another one that felt like I had nothing on, but it didn't feel as hydrating as this lotion. Weird.

I didn't expect to be wow'd by this lotion, so this is a really pleasant surprise. It's very, very hydrating and my skin LOVES it. It's great under makeup as well.

HG to the maximum.

EDIT 5/26/2016: OKAY. I HAVE to update this review because I am OBSESSED with this stuff. It's so simple... how does it work so well?! I've been using this morning and night (after cerave pm at night) and this has FIXED MY CHRONICALLY DEHYDRATED SKIN!!! What I am MOST happy about is that, you know those feather-light, alcohol-laden, so cosmetically elegant Asian sunscreens???

Well, the hadalabo creamy uv gel would break my cheeks out in tiny little fleshy bumps, probably because my skin was irritated by the alcohol. And the Biore watery gel was horrific in that when I used it more than two days in a row, I got these tiny, pin-prick sized red dots all over my face!!! It was really scary!! But after talking with someone who had the same issue, I tried using those sunscreens again now that my skin issues are sorted out.

GUESS WHAT??!?! I CAN FINALLY WEAR THEM ALL DAMN DAY AND NOT A SINGLE SIGN OF IRRITATION. AMAZING. I NEVER thought I could use these awesome sunscreens and have spent hours, weeks, MONTHS of research trying to find a cosmetically elegant sunscreen that also didn't dry my skin out or break me out. I've been wearing these sunscreens for the past several weeks without issues. MY FACE IS SO SOFT I CAN'T STOP TOUCHING IT.

I am seriously so happy, I am going to buy a million of these once I win a lottery and hoard them in my troll cave. This literally feels like soft-ass clouds on my bod when I use it as a body lotion.

((If you have skin that tends to burn from even the most gentlest formulas of moisturizers, it's a common sign that your skin is dehydrated, meaning your moisture barrier is damaged or destroyed. Once you rule out allergic reactions, of course. CeraVe products used to do that to me, as well as other super gentle moisturizers, and then I learned that it was because I wasn't treating my skin right and done f'ed up. :( Thankfully, ceramides and niacinamide, etc. are great barrier repairers used consistently.))

on 4/13/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my daily facial moisturizer while i'm on accutane (so my skin is extremely dry and sensitive). It causes no irritation and does a good job moisturizing. keeps my skin from becoming itchy due to extreme dryness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Burned my skin. Made my skin red and angry. Very poor product for sensitive skin

on 4/1/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in search of a light moisturizer and I read so many good reviews about this. I have oily, sensitive skin that's slightly acne-prone, but more prone to getting clogged pores. It says on the bottle that it's geared towards normal to dry skin types, but I've read reviews from oily skin types that it is light-weight in texture, so I gave it a go.

Pros:
- Has a light lotion texture that is very hydrating and it helped dry patches on my face caused by benzoyl peroxide
- Fragrance-free and has no odd scent
- The packaging is an efficient pump dispenser
- Reasonably priced for the amount of product you get (15 CAD for 355 mL)

Cons:
- Left my face greasy no matter how little I put
- Broke me out in tiny colorless bumps on my chin

I wish I loved this. It's a cheap drugstore moisturizer but this left my face looking very greasy at the end of the day. And after two weeks of consistent use, I got closed comedones on my chin. This was the only new product I had introduced so I am confident it was caused by this. Right now, I'm using it as a body lotion and I have no problems with it.