CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/27/2018 3:37:00 PM

Best body lotion I have ever used! This is better than Caudalie, better than Clarins or body butters from any brand. I am in my 50s and live in Canada. Our winters are cold and dry and my legs flake. This lotion keeps my skin comfortable for a couple of days with regular use. There is minimal smell, it dries reasonably quickly, it leaves a silky finish. It has ceramides so it actually has skin benefits for anti-ageing. I absolutely recommend this to anyone. I think you could use this on your face without any issues if you followed up with sunscreen. If you are on a budget, this is a great all-purpose lotion and even if price is no object, this is simply the best body lotion. And it has a pump. Yes, the packaging is not fancy or elegant, but it is functional and the product inside is superb.

Another YouTube highly rec'd product. I'd used it briefly and wasn't impressed but after seeing how it works on accutane-skin, I thought I'll try again. I'm just dry and flaky cuz I am -no accurate or anything. It moisturizes nicely -I think I disliked it at first cuz it takes a while to sink in. Now my fave moisturizer. Plus it's cleared up the KP on my upper arms and doesn't cause any clogged pores on the body. I still like a heavier lotion on my legs cuz they tend to b drier from heavy winter clothes, but overall this stuff is pretty fab! Much cheaper than Avene and similar results.

on 12/28/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried this several times, and I've used the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion on my face every morning for the last 6 months, at night I use other things. I use the PM for day because II don't like the sunscreen in the day time version. I don't love it but I got tired or the La Mer prices and its a decent moisturizer for my normal skin.

The moisturizing lotion in this review I have only used on my body, particularly my legs which are always dry in the winter. I know it has a lot of good things in it for your skin. The photo with this product doesn't match any on their website. Maybe they changed the bottle but mine says Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I think this is better than nothing but if you're looking for a good moisturizing lotion, I don't think this is one of them. I know it's wildly popular, recommended by many dermatologists but I don't care what they say, I've purchased this many times and it doesn't moisturize well. Eucerin Advanced and Intensive work much better for me. The Cerave cream in the tub works better than the lotion, but I still think many other drugstore moisturizers are better and Lotil beats them all. I used to get Lotil from Caswell Massey but they stopped carrying it so now I have to order it from Vermont Country Store or get it on Amazon (much cheaper on Amazon) but some of the recent reviews complained of a bad scent so I am afraid to order it from them. I wish they would make it a drugstore item in the USA and I could just stop buying the others.

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 11/27/2017 8:30:00 PM

Although this product is intended to be used on the body, I use it on my face as I find the formula almost identical to the product geared to the face, minus the niacinimide. Niacinimide tends to irritate my skin so I prefer this version. The bonus is you get a huge bottle (355 ml or 12 oz) for the same price. I find it very moisturizing but not too greasy.

on 10/22/2017 6:12:00 PM

Trying to find something to replace Vaseline Clinical (discontinued), which I used on my face! Very very dry skin and susceptible to cysts, rosacea and eczema: also I live in an extremely dry cold climate. This stuff was not moisturizing in the least! Made my hands and face tight and dry. Red spots. Definitely not a recommend.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to when feeling parched and irritated. Heck it's my ho to for anytime.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My Holy Grail moisturizer. I use this on my body and occasionally, my face if I get sensitive or overly dry. The texture is silky and moist (not thick or tacky) and soaks in almost immediately. My skin looks plump and hydrated after use and feels fantastic and healthy. It is fragrance free, as well as affordable. It even makes my nails look better. I love it!

on 8/2/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Breakout after a few days of uses. It started on day one and kept getting worse. I was writing to someone on MUA and asked her about this moisturizer, she suggested not trying it because it has the ingredient Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate. She broke out whenever she uses products with that ingredient. I decided to try my sample anyway, just to see and as expected I started breaking out in a small rashy acne type. It was bumpy, some red, some not. Some itches, some not. Kind of like clogged pores or hives, some turned into whiteheads some not, some inflamed. I knew it was a reaction to the moisturizer. So I stopped after a few days of uses. It also sometimes stung my face during the day-night. I had a bad reaction to CeraVe PM too, I guess their products do not work for my skin. I gave it to my mom who doesn't have any problem with it. My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone.

The moisturizing level of this product is low. I find that people with very dry or very dehydrated skin will not find this enough. People with oilier skin type might enjoy it. I have combination skin (using prescription cream) and found that it wasn't enough. Skin felt somewhat tight and uncomfortable. IMO it won't be moisturizing for winter and also if you use prescription cream-acne cream and so on. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is more moisturizing. However, the CeraVe one is less greasy-shiny than the Cetaphil one. I also find that I needed to apply a lot more of CeraVe for my skin to somewhat feel moisturized and even so, it wasn't enough. When I used the Cetaphil one, it was definitely enough moisture with no irritation-stinging.

Of course, if you don't have any problem with the ingredients in this product, this moisturizer would be a good choice since it is fragrance-free and has good ingredients for the skin.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (CeraVe Canada) they will send them to you so that you can test their products. However it might take a while before they respond to your message but they will send you samples. Even though this product didn't work for me, their customer service is good, you should ask them for samples before purchasing the full size.

on 5/7/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used and repurchased the PM lotion quite a few times and liked it. I have also used the Cerave cream on my body which I also like. I read quite a few reviews from people who had oily acne prone skin like me who use this particular lotion on their face as well as their body and love it so I had to give it a go. My skin, as previously mentioned, is oily and acne prone. I always use some type of foaming wash twice a day and I also use albas mini peel a few times a week. Using the acids does help keep my skin clear but also makes my skin feel bit tight right after they are rinsed off. I love using this lotion both on my body and face! It's moisturizing enough but sinks in really fast leaving a matte like finish on my face. Doesn't break me out and doesn't make me even more oily. Got the bigger size in the pump bottle for about $8 so way more cost effective than purchasing the PM lotion. I have found my new go to moisturizer 😊 Edit 2/24/18 I still love this but it’s not enough moisture for the winter. I’m on my 2nd tub of the Cerave renewing night cream which is perfect for the colder weather. I’ll definitely keep using this lotion once it warms up

on 5/6/2017 10:56:00 PM