CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

CeraVe  Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe Moisturising LotionMoisturizing LotionNo Title

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/7/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used and repurchased the PM lotion quite a few times and liked it. I have also used the Cerave cream on my body which I also like. I read quite a few reviews from people who had oily acne prone skin like me who use this particular lotion on their face as well as their body and love it so I had to give it a go. My skin, as previously mentioned, is oily and acne prone. I always use some type of acne wash twice a day and I also use albas mini peel a few times a week. Using the acids does help keep my skin clear but also makes my skin feel bit tight right after they are rinsed off. I love using this lotion both on my body and face! It's moisturizing enough but sinks in really fast leaving a matte like finish on my face. Doesn't break me out and doesn't make me even more oily. Got the bigger size in the pump bottle for about $8 so way more cost effective than purchasing the PM lotion. I have found my new go to moisturizer 😊

on 5/6/2017 10:56:00 PM

Yuck!

on 5/4/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This used to be my HG for face and body. I really loved it. I used it for about 6 months in 2015 and my skin was silky and drenched in hydration.

Summer came and it was a bit much so I switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel and this product dropped off my radar.

Retrying it recently - while I still love the texture and clean non-fragranced scent, after a few minutes my skin started to burn and when I looked in the mirror my face was turning a bright shade of pink. I waited a week or so and retried - on clean skin etc. - the same thing.

Looking at the ingredients, I can't see anything has changed - I'm puzzled. Even stranger, my skin loves the cream formula.

on 5/4/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Intensely dislike this product. Caused irritation to my hive and milia prone face. At the same time, it felt like it didn't absorb well into my skin. Odd because I do like Cerave Cream and SA Cream. In fact I feel that Cerave Cream just sinks in, absorbs and even mattifies (is that a word) my skin.

Man, this product is good. This is coming from a girl who has spent some serious $$ on expensive skin care. When I found this gem there was no more need to spend all that money on other moisturizers. This is now a staple in my skincare routine as it does everything I need it to do, it repaired my skin barrier, moisturizes well, and doesn't cause acne. WIN!

on 4/18/2017 8:44:00 PM

I use this on my face and body. It's a nice, light lotion with a good ingredient list.When I want a lotion that absorbs super quick with light hydration I grab this. It's not super fancy, but it's a solid product that I enjoy. If I want a break from heavy duty skincare then this is my pick.

Pros:
Provides light hydration
Absorbs fast
Wears well under makeup
Great ingredients
Easily accessible and affordable
Comes with a pump
Non irritating on my sensitive skin
Fragrance free

Cons:
None really. I wish there was a version with spf, so I could wear it under my makeup more often.

I mix my Vit C powder with this moisturizer. I've trued other moisturizers to use with the powder, but they all felt sticky. It feels light and does feel tacky after applying. I will continue using this product.

on 3/29/2017 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My skin became more sensitive after a hormone change, and this is what I turned to. I use this in am when necessary (under daily sunscreen) and pm. It keeps my skin hydrated and does not cause breakouts or any reactions. It is a basic, no frills moisturizer, but it does its job well. I can easily layer it on I feel I need a moisture boost, or apply a thin layer if I just need a touch of moisture. There is no scent, which I like. It is definitely not a cream and is the texture of normal lotion (not watery, but not thick). It layers fine with other products I use (sunscreen, concealer, powder to set), but as I haven't really tried with foundation (don't wear it regularly and don't own one to try it with) I don't know how it performs for that. I'm guessing that a primer would be fine over it, since the sunscreen I use has silicones in it like a primer would, making foundation application a non issue. I totally reccomend for folks who have sensitive skin, don't want fragrance, and don't have super dry skin. It's great for normal/combo/sensitive skin. I am somewhat breakout prone as well and suffer no issues with this in that regard.

on 3/9/2017 10:10:00 AM

This is the only moisturizer I use. It isn't a thick cream, which would be too heavy for my combination, breakout-prone skin but it still provides a decent dose of moisture. I like it because you can build up your application to be as light or thick as you need. I haven't had any break-outs from it, it's very gentle and just like the Cerave hydrating cleanser, it has hyaluronic acids and ceramides which are extremely beneficial for the skin.
My skin still looks a little oily by the end of the day, but I can't fault the moisturizer for that. It does its job.

Got this from my brother. The dermatologist recommend this lotion for him as he had a rash covering most of his chest. No scent, so it didn't irritate my face at all. Doesn't feel sticky or heavy and easily absorbs into the skin.