MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Twinks is my favorite brown shade by MAC. Twinks has a lot of depth to it. It is a brown based shadow with plum and red tones to it and is shimmery. Gorgeous as a v placement shade or simply just applied to the lid for an everyday look. I have olive toned skin and Twinks shows up very pigmented on me. The texture is nice and smooth as well.

on 8/20/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

honestly I find this colour more plum than brown, especially on. I use it in the crease and outer v when I'm doing smokey dark plummy purple looks. It really comes off plum! Yet when I see it on others it's brown...totally weird. I'm nw20. It's a beautiful colour tho either way! Blends great, smooth

on 1/6/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Twinks is a really nice and interesting color, although it may seem to be just a shimmery brown in the pan. Once applied, Twinks is a rich brown with deep plum and cranberry undertones, and has a pearly gold sheen.
I think itís a great warm brown-plum shade that would look nice on most people with brown or green eyes. I love the Veluxe Pearl formula! It is smooth, easy to work with, blendable, long-wearing, and builds up well to achieve deeper intensity.
There are some red undertones in it which I don't like on myself, so I don't use it very often, but still a nice color though.

on 12/12/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Veluxe pearl is my favorite finish for eyeshadow so there should have been no reason to not fall in love with Twinks....but like another reviewer here I think I got a lemon. This takes several swipes to show on my primed eyelid (for ref NC42). It's such a beautiful color for smokey eye but I might have used it once or twice and ended up giving it away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The color is the most beautiful brown/gold/bronze shade ever!, Looks great on every eye color and skin tone. Somehow looks neutral but also noticable. Love, love, love!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Such a gorgeous deep plum/brown color. Looks amazing with brown eyes!
I use it in my crease and looks great dark or light. Definite favorite for crease eyeshadow.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A nice brown color- looks good on my brown eyes. I'm not into browns but it looks cool with other colors. I use this most when doing other peoples make-up and actually looks really cool when blended into black eyeshadow.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the most amazing color. It is a lot like Sable, but a little more warm, On me it is a complex blend of plummy brown but with a bit of red. I love to pair this with Expensive Pink, Vanilla pigment, Shroom, well pretty much any highlight color. This is my go to e/s when I am looking for a lift!

on 6/1/2008 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's a unique color on me. It's sort of coppery but definitely has a purple/plum tint. Plum works well on me during the Winter when my skin is more fair but during the Summer I definitely wear Warm colors with plenty of bronze tones.
I can still wear this during the summer, but really need to watch the pairing so it doesn't go "cool" on me or have the 'red' come out.

on 9/23/2007 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a beautiful colour- unforunately it doesn't work with my everyday look, I was looking for something more brown, and this is too purple- good thing MAC has a good exchange policy. :) However- I have to say even though it's not what I was looking for, it's still a GORGEOUS plum shade, so so so pretty! :) I would recommend this to anyone looking for a plum shade shadow? Lol - gorgeous, I might even keep it ..