MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So disappointed - Did I get a dud eyeshadow because the reviews here are nothing as to what I have experienced. I found even a simple swipe with my finger across the eyeshadow it didn't really pick up as much product (especially seeing as it's a veluxe pearl). In store it was good, but when I took my product home it just felt hard? Not sure, but I'm sad because I really wanted to like this colour. I bought Sable the following week which was so soft and beautiful. In Australia we don't have good return policies so now I'm left with a MAC eyeshadow which is totally unusable, sad :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Twinks is a shimmery brown shadow with a hint of burgundy. It appears darker in the pan than it does on, which was a bit disappointing for me because I was looking for a deeper shade. It is pretty pigmented but I wasn't totally blown away, again because I wanted it to be stronger and deeper and instead it was just a more medium tone. However it is very smooth and blends easily.

on 10/16/2010 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

On my skin (C5/NC42) Twinks is almost identical to MAC's Sensualize (LE). A fact that I wish I knew before I swapped for Sensualize, having already owned Twinks. The only difference that I can see between the two is that Twinks is a tad darker/warmer & Sensualize has silver glitters (which are very easily swiped away). So IMO, if you own one, there is absolutely no need to get the other.

on 8/16/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Twinks!! Where have you been my whole life???? I just got this and i'm totally in love. You NEED this for a sultry smokey brown eye. Love love love!!!

on 7/12/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a brown burgundy plum or burgundy plum brown color. It's gives a great finish. I sometimes like using this on my lower lash line only to emphasize the brown of my eyes. I highly recommend it to anyone really. It's that great a color and because the color is in the brown/burgundy/plum family I'm pretty sure it will look great on all eye colors. (MAC NC42/43).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful shade...brown with a burgundy tint, pearlescent finish. Great texture, looks great in the crease, will totally get this again is I ever run out!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love, love, love Twinks! It's far from flat and boring. I describe it as superstar brown. Shimmering with dimension and highly pigmented. Absolutley HG status, really versatile and flattering for ANY eye colour. Highly recommended. Great for everyday use to spice thing up (but not too much!).

on 10/29/2008 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

bought this on a whim and i'm so happy to add another happy review for twinks! it is a dark plummy brown that works great with brown eyes. its veluxe pearl so the texture is amazing! when i buy eyeshadows, i normally lean into the veluxe pearls and frosts because they just blend onto my skin so easily. an awesome color with satin taupe and cranberry!