MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.6

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Twinks is a red/plum brown warm shade.

Twinks is another color I bought hoping it would bring out the blue in my lenses, which it didn't.

The pigmentation is not so good, need to pack it on. Blends easily. Medium lasting power. I use it as a lid or crease color.

I'm not very happy with this one, but again it's not so horrible. I just don't find myself going for it a lot. Actually of all my 18 eyeshadows by MAC, this is the one I least go for. I prefer my MAC pigment in Gold Stroke, which is similar to Twinks only so much better in terms of everything :)

Won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Twinks is my favorite brown shade by MAC. Twinks has a lot of depth to it. It is a brown based shadow with plum and red tones to it and is shimmery. Gorgeous as a v placement shade or simply just applied to the lid for an everyday look. I have olive toned skin and Twinks shows up very pigmented on me. The texture is nice and smooth as well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed because everyone loves it but i think i also got a dud like other reviewers have mentioned. When i swatch mine it is not pigmented at all!!

on 8/20/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

honestly I find this colour more plum than brown, especially on. I use it in the crease and outer v when I'm doing smokey dark plummy purple looks. It really comes off plum! Yet when I see it on others it's brown...totally weird. I'm nw20. It's a beautiful colour tho either way! Blends great, smooth

I love Twinks, but more on people with brown eyes. I find the redish tone in Twinks just makes brown eyes literally POP! Doesn't look anything special when swatched, but when applied to the eyes and packed on it's a very strong colour. Love it <3

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't pass finding this at my CCO for $10. Deep warm brown shade, lovely on the outer corner to deepen smokey look. Been loving this lately!

on 8/3/2011 8:18:00 AM

Twinks is amazing. It's my most used eyeshadow. Its a shimmery plum brown. I find when used in the crease with patina on the lid it pulls more brown and with all that glitters on the lid it appears more plum. Can be worn day or night. For night time looks, I use it all over the lid and line my upper and lower lashlines with black eyeliner, sometimes I'll add sketch to the outer v. Love it, makes my hazel eyes pop.

on 9/21/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This was one of my first MAC e/s. I love wearing it by its self, or with woodwinked on the lid, expensive pink in the outer corner and twinks in the crease or with sable on the lid and twinks in the crease. This is such a pretty color and quite versatile. The woodwinked/expensive pink/twinks look also looks great with tarnish e/l or any dark green liner. I had it for four years and was getting color from the edges before I finally ordered a new one. Great color!
UPDATE: Another great combo with this e/s is pairing it with All That Glitters on the lid and Twinks in the crease. It's one of those looks that make me look in the mirror and go *ooh ahh*!

on 8/31/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Twinks is beautiful! MAC knows how to make a wonderfully pigmented eyeshadow! It is a gorgeous shade that can be natural or completely glamorous!

on 8/16/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Twinks!! Where have you been my whole life???? I just got this and i'm totally in love. You NEED this for a sultry smokey brown eye. Love love love!!!