MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.7

The slight pink in this is really pretty and sets it apart from Tempting. I like it in the crease, with or without anything else and just a bit of liner.

on 3/2/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE! A medium-dark plummy bronze (similar to Mulch, but more with more purple tones, where Mulch as more golden tones). Gorgeous in the crease with so many colors. So flattering. It's pigmented and blends well. I also love to use it as a liner on my lower lids. Similar to Sable, but darker, less red and maybe a tad more purple (I love both!). The frost finish in Sable causes it to flash a lighter color as you move, but Twinks has just a subtle sheen, so it maintains its rich, dark color.

on 7/7/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pigmentation is greatly lacking with this. Most MAC shadows are highly pigmented -- not this though. Tried it on at the MAC store, and it did nothing for my light brown eyes. Had to layer it quite a few times. Would not buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The color is the most beautiful brown/gold/bronze shade ever!, Looks great on every eye color and skin tone. Somehow looks neutral but also noticable. Love, love, love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color. It's a brown/ dark cranberry mauve color. It is great for everyday wear or night time. I wore it without any primer and it barely creased at all. The color is beautiful. I doubt I will have to buy this again for years there is a lot of product in the case. This was my first Mac shadow and it's definitly a staple. Can't wait to try other colors.

on 4/15/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Favorite brown! I thought about get Satin Taupe or another of the browns I always hear about on YT but I swatched this in store and loved the burgundy/plummy undertone so I got it and I'm so glad I did. It's very versatile, blends easily and is very smooth. I use it on my crease on my NC25 skin but I've used it on my friends NC42 skin and it looks great as well! Definitely one of my two HG browns.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a gorgeous browny-plum color. It looks fantastic when worn in the crease and i love pairing it with purple shades to bring out the plum undertones in it. Looks wonderful on brown eyes.

on 12/29/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a brown color with a plum sheen to it and I do like this color however this color is way too much like mulch. I did side by side swatches and it's almost identical. If I had to choose one, I would have no preference over the other but I can't justify owning both. The color is beautiful and super easy to blend, however I won't buy this again since I do own mulch. If I didn't have mulch, I'd re-purchase :) It looks awesome paired with shroom!!
UPDATE: After swapping my twinks, I felt I could not live without this color, so I went out and bought another!

on 12/11/2009 1:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this color. I have dark green eyes and very pale skin, and I mostly use it as a liner. This eyeshadow makes my eyes stand out more than any other I've ever used, and really compliments almost all of my warmer lid colours. I'm just sad that I purchased so many other dark plummy brown MAC shades before I found this one.

on 12/5/2009 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was lucky enough to try this when a super generous swapper added this in a swap. It's a great crease color and can be combined to create a pretty smokey brown look. So glad I got to try this out as I probably wouldn't have discovered it.