MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.8

on 11/17/2012 10:23:00 AM

I had been looking for a plum colored e/s and after reading the rave reviews I decided to give Twinks a try. This color did not work for me at all. I was surprised that given it was a Veluxe Pearl, I was still fighting with the application . It was grabbing and was not smooth. Coupled with the fact that the color looked muddy on me (dirty, greyish-plum), I ended up trying to blend it with several different colors (All that glitters and Naked lunch) before I left the house to make it look presentable. I don't have that kind of time. For reference, I'm a C3/NC20/NC25.

I am a PPP and I wear love to wear a smokier eyes daily and always wear a few darker shadows in my crease and outter v. I used to be so afraid of reddish or slightly orangey browns and basically only wore Satin Taupe for a long time.
But I took a chance with this and I have just fallen completely in love with the reddish bronze glow!

Twinks is a gorgeous reddish plummy medium brown bronze shimmer.
It can look pretty dark brown or a bronzey red plum brown when looking from certain angles.
It has the Veluxe Pearl formula..... which is the best MAC formula for killer pigmentation and softness for ease of application.
Though, I feel this one is not as soft as the others....but it is still quite pigmented and soft.
I think its just packed too tightly and I feel that lately most of my newer refills seem a lot harder and packed tighter than before! I have read many reviews lately stating this as well.
MAC's staying power for this has not changed and I still do not "need" to use a primer to get the durability and pigment. And especially if you have the right brushes to begin with.
This is very versatile and can be applied sheerly with a fluffy blending brush and then of course it can be loaded onto your flat shader brush for a dark full opaque color.
The reddish bronze just makes my brown eyes and hair shine. And even with a smokier look it just looks so warm and bad azz at the same time ;)
I love it!
P.S. the second picture above looks more like it does in real life and the first pic is just showing too much red....well at least on my screen that is :)

on 11/24/2010 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Twinks is the most gorgeous deep plum. It's a veluxe pearl so it has a wonderful texture and it's very blendable. I use it in the crease or outer corner. It's become my everyday shadow. I have blue green eyes and it really brings out the green.

on 6/25/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The very first brown that really looked great with my eye color. This has a strong shade of plum in it but it looks great with my black hair, NC30 skin shade, brown eyebrows and light brown eye color. I applied this with a black liner and it looked great. You can also apply it over a back shadow for more intensity. Overall, this is a HG for me.

on 2/4/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an amazing plum color for the crease! I am a nw43 and it looks great day into night!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous plummy bronzey brownish shade ~ seriously, it's all those colors.

The finish is smooth and buttery ~ not chunky or glittery ~ and blends easily. I use it as a crease color, although I suppose you could use it all over the lid...but I'm to fair for that, so I wear as a crease color.

I'd definitely buy it again.

on 10/8/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful shimmery reddish brown. Very nice crease color. I love this & antiqued. Twinks is not as red. Very nice texture.

on 3/28/2009 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Veluxe pearl eyeshawdows from MAC rock !! They blend well, have nice shimmer and have great staying power. Twinks is a fabulous colour. It is brown with a hint of plum. I have brown hair and dark brown eyes and I get many compliments when I wear this colour. I like to pair this with either Femme Fi, Goldmine and Coppering (all MAC colours). This is one colour you won't be disappointed with. It is very pretty and versatile.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the most amazing color. It is a lot like Sable, but a little more warm, On me it is a complex blend of plummy brown but with a bit of red. I love to pair this with Expensive Pink, Vanilla pigment, Shroom, well pretty much any highlight color. This is my go to e/s when I am looking for a lift!

on 5/20/2008 3:12:00 PM

I really like this color. It is kind of a redish brown with a shimmer to it. I don't use it alot, but when I do it looks great with my dark purple shirts. I put on Malt over my lids, rice paper under my brow and then twinks in the crease. It goes very, very well with Malt. My blue eyes really pop with this color. I will definately repurchase when I am out.