MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

MAC Cosmetics Veluxe Pearl - Twinks
MAC Sensualize vs Twinks

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite Mac eyeshadows. Twinks is stunning on my grey/blue/greeny eyes. It is quite sheer but will apply much more pigmented if you wet your brush first. I don't like to waste this colour in my crease because I think it really comes to life when you build it up on the lid for a gorgeous vampy plummy red brown smokey eye.

Twinks is a reddened plum brown with a HINT of bronze. The colour is beautiful because it changes in the light! It is very multidimensional! I will not repurchase Twinks though because of the following reasons. Firstly, the pigmentation and texture was quite poor. I don't know if I just got a dud, but i literally had to DIG my brushes into it to get decent payoff! It was a time-consuming colour to apply, and the shadow seemed to 'lock up' in the pan. I feel that for a high end product, that shouldn't happen. So I removed a lippie for that.
The second reason I won't repurchase Twinks, is because it didn't work that well with my yellowy skin tone. It pulled a little mauve/taupe on my warm features and looked a little ashy. For reference, Mulch, which is the golden equivalent to this, works perfectly with my colouring.

on 7/13/2013 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Twinks is really my everyday staple on my moving eyelid. On my NW 55 skin it's very neutral and accentuates my eyes. When I finish this I will definitely repurchase.

Twinks looks like a gorgeous color in the pan, but it has a horrible texture... I don't know what the fine people at MAC were smoking when they decided that Twinks is a veluxe pearl, because it isn't even close. This eyeshadow is super dry and sheer... I thought it would make a really cool crease shade, but the only way I can make it work is to DIG into it with a 239 and really pack it on the lid... and even when I do that I still don't love the color. I gave the first one I had to my mother because she really wanted it, then I bought a second thinking that one was a dud. It wasn't, they were both crap. if you scrap off a good amount of it, it gets a little better... but you shouldn't have to do that when buying a "high end" eyeshadow.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Twinks is a red/plum brown warm shade.

Twinks is another color I bought hoping it would bring out the blue in my lenses, which it didn't.

The pigmentation is not so good, need to pack it on. Blends easily. Medium lasting power. I use it as a lid or crease color.

I'm not very happy with this one, but again it's not so horrible. I just don't find myself going for it a lot. Actually of all my 18 eyeshadows by MAC, this is the one I least go for. I prefer my MAC pigment in Gold Stroke, which is similar to Twinks only so much better in terms of everything :)

Won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed because everyone loves it but i think i also got a dud like other reviewers have mentioned. When i swatch mine it is not pigmented at all!!

on 5/19/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Twinks is a shimmery deep brown with plum or cranberry undertones. When applied, it looks like a deep sheen brown that won't make your eyes look swallon or red. It's really versatile and can go with any other colours you use on your eyelids just to define your eyes. It's longlasting and the shimmer is not over-the-top. Such an everyday eyeshadow. MAC eyeshadows never disappoint me - anyway!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So disappointed - Did I get a dud eyeshadow because the reviews here are nothing as to what I have experienced. I found even a simple swipe with my finger across the eyeshadow it didn't really pick up as much product (especially seeing as it's a veluxe pearl). In store it was good, but when I took my product home it just felt hard? Not sure, but I'm sad because I really wanted to like this colour. I bought Sable the following week which was so soft and beautiful. In Australia we don't have good return policies so now I'm left with a MAC eyeshadow which is totally unusable, sad :(

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Twinks is a plummy brown bronze on my skintone. It very neutral on me. It took some building up for it to show up but I like it. The finish is shimmery and the texture is soft and easy to blend. Im about NC50-55.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Day or night eyeshawdow! LOVE IT! If I was just wearing it to work I usually just tap on lightly with it over my eyelids or just right underneath my water cil, not on it but right underneath it. Really open up my eyes w/out the dramatic eye kohl liner. Price & packaging is good. Last a long time. It's a must have for sure! Get it! It's amazing.