The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/29/2018 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foot lotion in the summer, as it's so nice and cooling. Smells and feels great. Only downside is how quickly I go through it! I wish the tub were bigger.

on 5/6/2014 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was finding it difficult to find a peppermint foot cream, I know they used to be popular but it seemed when I was looking all I could find was floral and lemon/fruit type scents. So when I came across this in the body shop I picked it up and the peppermint foot lotion (the one in the bottle) as well (it was a buy one get one half off sale). This cream is fairly thick and very minty and cool feeling. It seems to moisturize okay, I'm not blown away by it but it's better than many other foot creams and balms I have tried and I do like the cooling effect. I would repurchase this.

I've changed my mind about this product as my heels are starting to feel smooth!

The texture of this product is divine. So rich and moisturizing. The scent of peppermint is quite strong, but I really like it. I've used it once so far - I put some on before going to bed, put some socks on, and woke up to very soft feet. I won't be using this all the time though, for it's a pretty expensive product ($22 Canadian) so I'm going to try to make it last. Really great product though!

on 8/28/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have dry cracked feet and am always on the search for that miracle cream to solve all my feet issues. And I have tried loads of products.

Combined with my 2 x a month pedicure routine, I apply this cream every night and it's really helping. It's the best cream I have ever used - my feet are very soft and have a really nice glow from being truly moisturized, not greasy.

This is a cream so it's rich, but it only takes a little while to sink in, and you put it on at night anyway so no big deal. The peppermint is not overpowering in smell or feeling; it's just nice and fresh.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Claims - True or False?
1) Softens and revives rought, tired feet: Mostly true
2) Cools skin: Mostly true
2) Deodorizes feet: Undetermined

Packaging:
Comes in a small tub with a screw-off lid. I generally like TBS body butter packaging, so I do like this product's packaging. Easy to unscrew the lid, screws back on easily, good for travel, a cute design, ingredients are listed on the bottom.

Formula:
A light whipped pink butter, feels cool to the skin when applied and has a slight cooling sensation due to the peppermint, but this effect is very minor. I'd supplement with extra peppermint essential oil if looking for a more soothing minty tingle (otherwise, a larger quantity needs to be applied to really feel it, which can be overkill and a waste of product). The smell is fantastic, a nice menthol that is not too strong but still obvious. Slightly greasy and a bit heavy but on par with their lighter body butters; ideal for night wear.

Performance:
I like this product, not love. It's not moisturizing enough to really make a lasting change in my skin unless I use it often, although a proper exfoliation of my feet to soften callouses might allow for better results. It does feel nice on sore feet but the tingle isn't strong enough for my liking. I can't tell if it helps with foot odour because this usually isn't a problem with me unless wearing shoes without socks (deodorant on feet when wearing such shoes helps). It's a fun experience though of applying it at night, especially after giving oneself a nice foot spa experience. Usually absorbs over night but some can still be left over in the morning. Does make my feet greasy and slippery so I try to make sure I pair it with socks if I'm going to walk around with it on.

Bang for your Buck:
This is a 100ml tub and the website lists it at about $18. I don't know how much it costs as my mom usually buys it when there are overall sales; this is the only time I'd personally buy it. If used daily it will run out quickly, but if used just a few times a week or just when feet need something extra, it will last longer.

Final Consensus:
Not amazing but I do like it enough that I would repurchase, as I enjoy using it. If I find another product that provides the same type of results or better and for a better price I would definitely replace this with that instead, but it's a nice treat to use on sore feet or when pampering your feet.
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5
* Price: 3/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: Yes

on 8/31/2012 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

do you believe in magic ??? i do after using this foot lotion !!!
it really soften my feet instantly...only using it once and i can feel the difference..but if you want to use it, apply it on night before sleep because the lotion apparently need time to absorb and if you apply it on the morning or before you go to work, you should be careful because it'll be slippery..
about the smell, i don't know if people don't like the smell, but its not a problem for me.. :)

on 2/12/2011 10:42:00 PM

As a moisturizer, this is ok but not the greatest. It is a wonderful foot treatment though! Walking the dogs nightly in this weather means wearing heavy boots while I trudge through the snow and over the ice. By the time we get home, my feet are sore & tired. After applying this peppermint foot cream, my feet feel refreshed and relaxed. I would buy it again for that reason alone.

on 10/16/2007 4:01:00 AM

This is ok as a foot cream although not especially heavy duty. I would like it a bit richer. Body Shop body butter in fact is better at moisturizing heels etc. It's a rather yukky pale pink colour that reminds me of calamine lotion, which clashes rather with the pot it comes in. The main reason I wouldn't buy this again is the smell. Yes, I know it says it's peppermint but I really don't like to feel as though I'm smoothing toothpaste on my feet! I suppose the peppermint is supposed to have a cooling effect but I don't really see it myself.

Popular Body Skincare Products