The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/16/2005 4:02:00 AM

The mint penetrates your skin, instantly soothing tired or hot feeling feet. The lotion has a nice amount of emollient-- neither greasy nor too quickly absorbed. Tip: store it in the 'fridge for an added zing. I know I can get or make this stuff cheaper by throwing some peppermint oil in a lotion, but this is just a classic potion to always have on hand. Very comforting.

This product is very creamy and it deeply moisturises my feet. It is very effective and I use it in conjuction with estee lauder mani-pedi. Using this 2 products together harsh dead skin is not existant.

on 10/16/2007 4:01:00 AM

This is ok as a foot cream although not especially heavy duty. I would like it a bit richer. Body Shop body butter in fact is better at moisturizing heels etc. It's a rather yukky pale pink colour that reminds me of calamine lotion, which clashes rather with the pot it comes in. The main reason I wouldn't buy this again is the smell. Yes, I know it says it's peppermint but I really don't like to feel as though I'm smoothing toothpaste on my feet! I suppose the peppermint is supposed to have a cooling effect but I don't really see it myself.

ummmm this is BY FAR the best foot balm I have ever used. You only use it twice a week and it REALLY does help with dryness and overall appearance of your feet. I'm on my feet, walking all day, and this is the only product that has saved me from lookin like Boomarang toes!

on 9/6/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is so refreshing, and i think thats saying alot since it goes on your feet =p I love how long it lasts i put it on once a day and my feet are good even when i work an 9 hour shift. It's replaced my bi-weekly pedicure :)

on 2/12/2011 10:42:00 PM

As a moisturizer, this is ok but not the greatest. It is a wonderful foot treatment though! Walking the dogs nightly in this weather means wearing heavy boots while I trudge through the snow and over the ice. By the time we get home, my feet are sore & tired. After applying this peppermint foot cream, my feet feel refreshed and relaxed. I would buy it again for that reason alone.

on 9/14/2011 9:03:00 PM

Love this product! It makes my feet baby softly instantly and the tingling sensation is a major plus. I have dry feet most of the time so I use it every night. I don't know about the lasting effect, but just for the immediately effect I will repurchase.

on 8/31/2012 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

do you believe in magic ??? i do after using this foot lotion !!!
it really soften my feet instantly...only using it once and i can feel the difference..but if you want to use it, apply it on night before sleep because the lotion apparently need time to absorb and if you apply it on the morning or before you go to work, you should be careful because it'll be slippery..
about the smell, i don't know if people don't like the smell, but its not a problem for me.. :)

on 4/21/2013 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Apply it on clean feet before going to bed every night and you will have baby soft feet next morning. It's that good! The peppermint aldo cools your feet, making you feel refreshed. Simply great product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Claims - True or False?
1) Softens and revives rought, tired feet: Mostly true
2) Cools skin: Mostly true
2) Deodorizes feet: Undetermined

Packaging:
Comes in a small tub with a screw-off lid. I generally like TBS body butter packaging, so I do like this product's packaging. Easy to unscrew the lid, screws back on easily, good for travel, a cute design, ingredients are listed on the bottom.

Formula:
A light whipped pink butter, feels cool to the skin when applied and has a slight cooling sensation due to the peppermint, but this effect is very minor. I'd supplement with extra peppermint essential oil if looking for a more soothing minty tingle (otherwise, a larger quantity needs to be applied to really feel it, which can be overkill and a waste of product). The smell is fantastic, a nice menthol that is not too strong but still obvious. Slightly greasy and a bit heavy but on par with their lighter body butters; ideal for night wear.

Performance:
I like this product, not love. It's not moisturizing enough to really make a lasting change in my skin unless I use it often, although a proper exfoliation of my feet to soften callouses might allow for better results. It does feel nice on sore feet but the tingle isn't strong enough for my liking. I can't tell if it helps with foot odour because this usually isn't a problem with me unless wearing shoes without socks (deodorant on feet when wearing such shoes helps). It's a fun experience though of applying it at night, especially after giving oneself a nice foot spa experience. Usually absorbs over night but some can still be left over in the morning. Does make my feet greasy and slippery so I try to make sure I pair it with socks if I'm going to walk around with it on.

Bang for your Buck:
This is a 100ml tub and the website lists it at about $18. I don't know how much it costs as my mom usually buys it when there are overall sales; this is the only time I'd personally buy it. If used daily it will run out quickly, but if used just a few times a week or just when feet need something extra, it will last longer.

Final Consensus:
Not amazing but I do like it enough that I would repurchase, as I enjoy using it. If I find another product that provides the same type of results or better and for a better price I would definitely replace this with that instead, but it's a nice treat to use on sore feet or when pampering your feet.
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5