Essie Long Stem Roses

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.8

on 2/2/2013 11:11:00 AM

Probably one of my all-time favorite polishes, and definitely my favorite red. I usually turn more towards pink-reds than orange-reds, so I was so pleased with how this color turned out. It's playful but sophisticated. The very subtle shimmer is gorgeous too. Smooth application, opaque in two coats, and lasts for at least 5 days with my First Base Base Coat and Seche Vite top coat. I adore this polish and wear it as often as I can!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am NW10-20 (depending on my bottle tan) with blue eyes.

This is the perfect red for me. I cannot do orange-reds or medium reds, I prefer almost a "fruit punch" red, as I look better with blue-based or "pink" reds. This is the perfect "fruit punch" red but sophisticated! Which is hard to find : )

on 12/19/2009 2:01:00 PM

This is one of my favorite Essie reds. It's a bright medium red with a hint of pink. Looks great on tips and toes. I love using it in the winter. The color works great on my pale neutral skin and it gives me the pop of color that I love. I've gotten quite a few compliments of it. The color reminds me of Sally Hansen Cherry Glaze...they are almost identical when compared in the bottles.
The formula applies smoothly and evenly and the polish easily lasts for up to 10 days when paired with Essie base protein coat.

So I was watching THE HILLS the other night and saw a lot of the girls rocking bright red tips. Thats when I was ready to let go of the black nail trend (if celebs are over it, the trend has died). Anyways, "long stem roses" by Essie caught my eye. Its not your classic red, its a fun spring like red (it definitely doesn't remind me of roses) think of red cordial cherry's with a slight touch of pink. I used to feel like I had to be all dressed up to wear red but this is wearable and I don't feel the need to be dolled up all fancy to wear this. I do however feel fancy texting on my Blackberry wearing "long stem roses" by Essie!

Bonus: mine came with a crystal file:)

on 10/10/2005 2:47:00 PM

An opaque pink-red creme, much more red than pink. Although there appears to be slight silver shimmer in the bottle, it is undetectable once applied. Not a particularly unique color, although it gets an extra lippie for being one of the easiest to apply polishes that I've tried- one coat gives full coverage.

Popular Polishes