Giovanni Direct Leave in Conditioner

Giovanni Direct Leave in Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), panthenol (pro vitamin B5), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived), fragrance from essential oils. * = organic

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After shampoo & conditioner I let my hair dry 70%. Then I took about a quarter size amount of this leave-in and applied it on my ends then worked my way up. I have long, thick hair, so I sectioned my hair, and used about three quarter size amounts for each section.

As my hair was drying my ends still looked a bit frayed, and I took a pea size amount of the GVP skinny serum dupe to sort out my ends. I then braided my hair. ( It is wavy/sometimes 2a curly). Seeing my ends still looked frayed gave me poor expectations of this product, but I was happily surprised by the results.

After taking out my braid I have defined waves that are bouncy & full of volume! Usually I use the suave keratin heat defense leave in which works wonders for frizz, but ways down my hair big time...even though I have a bit of frizz, my hair is soft, lightly moisturized, and looks healthy. I put a bit more serum on the ends & where there is frizz.

So if you have really dry hair you may need a stronger leave in, but this does add light moisture. I feel no film on my hair, and the texture of my hair has improved.

This is not a stand alone treatment for hair, you may need to add gel, serum, or a stronger leave in to tame some frizz & flyaways, but the results I got are worth using this in conjunction with another product.

on 8/4/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In 2-3 a week. My hair is kinky/curly/wavy hair and fine. It is also very frizzy. I think this product is versatile; I've used it as a leave-in, rinse out, homemade developer, and setting lotion. That's what I enjoy the most. It has a pleasant smell, not very sweet as I don't like fruity smelling hair. The consistency is crazy, one drop the size of a quarter thoroughly saturates my hair. I have shaved sides now but even when I had a full afro I only needed a tiny bit. For the price, versatility, consistency it's a decent buy. Also, it's all natural which is always nice.

To Read all 130 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product doesn't do much for my 3b hair. I don't really know what to say other than it doesn't work well for me as a leave in, so I have just been using it as my rinse out. The consistency is that of the Suave Naturals conditioner, maybe a tiny bit smoother. It's a shame because this product does have good ingredients, but the consistency is strange for a leave in and I will not buy again when I run out.

on 9/26/2014 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first protein leave-in conditioner I've tried. It's super thick and hard to distribute-- I'm having a hard time using it as a leave-in. Maybe I'll try mixing it with water before applying to wet hair.

Right now I rinse it out. I like that it is silicone free, detangles well, and doesn't leave an greasy residue but I not really seeing it do much (no real surprise, as it's not supposed to be rinsed off).

I've tried this as a refresher in dry hair (a little bit mixed with water) and it defines my hair and cuts frizz pretty well but also leaves it a little stringy.

Smells nice (earthy, not too strong) and it's very affordable (I got it for $5.50 at drugstore.com).

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING. I have super curly 3b/3c (mostly) hair. It moisturizes my hair so nicely it takes a sec to absorb but it is great. It helps maintain and detangle my hair. It also defines it like crazy, I don't even need a gel. I deff recommend to any hair type, this lady in the store I was talking to about it had slightly wavy hair and it works for her too! Try it !

on 8/1/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is wonderful for my 3b/c, low porosity, fine curly hair. Don't even need gel with it. About a teaspoonful does the trick.

ETA - This is too oily/slick for my low or no shampoo regimen. I think it's the glycerin.

on 3/8/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow this stuff is amazing! I found this by sheer accident in the clearance section of Ulta. I had doubts about it because I can never find any leave-in that actually works on my very thick, coarse, long, and wavy/curly hair. First time and it was already a huge difference. Shiny, glossy, smooth, not heavy, detangles, and no frizz. I am shocked.

I like this brand overall, the moisturizers, etc., they're all natural and have great ingredients. Somewhat hard to find in stores though. I find them on Vitacost. they're VERY affordable and do what they say and more.

Without blowing my hair out it left it very shiny and no frizz with my waves all glossy and lightweight. When I did a blowout with it, wow. Volume and shine like I never have had before with a leave-in. I highly recommend this stuff if you have the same hair type as me.

I found it on clearance for $1.99 and it normally goes for $7.99. I could kick myself for not grabbing more.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can honestly say this is the first leave-in conditioner that works for my hair! My frizzy, long 3b hair drinks this product up and I rec for all curly girls n guys.

pros:
Highly Moisturizing
Natural Ingredients
Adds glossy shine
Defrizzes/detangles well
Affordable
Curl Definition

cons:
Difficult to find in stores
Not a fan of the smell- reminds me of wilted flowers:/

Overall, I'm loving this...it could be improved by removing or improving the scent which I find very gross and strong smelling in my hair, imo all Giovanni products I've tried smell like crap which may be due to their use of natural ingredients and plants. I searched high and low for this condish and finally found it on the clearance shelf @ Ulta for $2, if it weren't the last one in stock, I would have gone back for more cuz it's that good! Crossing my fingers it's not on the way to becoming discontinued..sigh..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this at whole foods after reading a blog about good detangler's, although my hair is not thick or coarse, it tangles terribly, horriable knots and snarls, and mind you I do oil treatments, barely heat style and don't dye it, just recently (about two months ago) I did a ombre hair color and found the tangles were unmanageable after shampooing and I use a tangle teezer and a wide tooth comb, plus a wash out conditioner tired of ripping my hair out upon detangling I found this I still use a Kinky curly detangler from my neck downward and this from the nape of my neck downward I couldn't believe it the comb glided right through with no tugging, pulling or snarls. so if you are looking for a good adult detangler this is awesome!

on 11/29/2013 9:19:00 AM

I bought this after hearing rave reviews on YouTube. I paid $9.99 for a bottle. Somehow it made my hair sticky and not soft at all. I absolutely hated it and so I gave it away. Guess it all depends upon one's hair texture.

Popular Hair Treatments