L'Occitane Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

4.2

Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protetin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Jaglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetearyl Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin

on 11/22/2017 6:22:00 PM

I should have listened to the reviews here. Hopefully other reviewers with sensitive skin will see the repetition in some of these reviews like mine and avoid this product.

Like others, I LOVE the Almond Shower Oil. As someone with sensitive skin and KP this was a life changer that I have continued to use for years. When I popped in-store to purchase a refill, I was successfully talked into buying a gift pack in the Almond range that included this moisturiser. I figured that if the Shower Oil was such a success for me, surely the body moisturiser in the same range would be too! I've used it after my shower for 4 days in a row and I've got these bumps all over my arms and legs - some of which are a bit itchy. It took 2 days to figure out and now it's just clicked - the only thing that's changed is using this moisturiser!!!

I also think the glass jar is problematic. It feels so dangerous to have in a room where if it fell, not only do I think it would shatter but it would definitely crack my bathroom tiles given it's weight.

I will take it back to the shop and see if they'll help me out by swapping this - it's an expensive product that seems to be causing a lot of reactions like this.

on 11/2/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

L’occitane’s Almond Milk Concentrate is a gorgeous body cream. It has a thick, rich texture which means that a little goes a long way. It leaves your skin feeling soft, plump and hydrated. The cream absorbs very quickly, which is great for a product so thick. My skin does not feel at all greasy, oily or sticky after using this. It is very hydrating and helps get rid of dry patches on the skin. The scent is a gorgeous sweet almond scent, with a touch of vanilla which to me is reminiscent of marzipan. The scent lasts for a long time on the skin, but is gentle enough that it won’t clash with any perfume you apply afterwards. I love this lotion, it is very expensive but it is honestly worth the money. A+

on 9/12/2017 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was my second try with L'Occitane products, and probably my last one.
This body cream has a very strong, a little artificial almond-powder scent which probably many people love but for me it gets annoying after some minutes. I think it is very strong and nothing for sensitive noses.
The consistency of the cream is nice, creamy, and quite nourishing.
Now for the bad. I used this twice after showering. I don'thave particulary sensitive body skin and can literally use anything for shower, bath and pampering. This body cream though gave me an itchy, bumpy rash on my arms and legs that was just horrible.
No idea what's in it but I never had such reaction before. The rash vanished as soon as I got back to the body lotion I used before.
So, I would not recommend this, especially not for sensitive skin types.

on 10/4/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this a few years and love how it moisturizes with a pleasant scent. Usually, I hate scents or they irritate my skin, but none of L'Occitane products cause me any problems. This is the thickest of the available lotions, and I use the lotion and shower gel too. Like I said, I've been using since 2014 and don't see changing at the time.

on 7/9/2017 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm with Rigoletto on this one. I had a very similar experience. I have never had a rash or irritation of any kind from a lotion before and this broke me out in an all over itchy red rash. I would not recommend this. I swear Aveeno is just as moisturizing and sure as heck won't break you out. I don't recommend this at all. And I don't have and never have had sensitive skin or allergies.

on 3/12/2017 1:30:00 AM

I got a sample size of this and since the original is so expensive I probably will not repurchase.

This is pretty awesome. The smell is strong and lasts for hours on me (5+ and I could still smell it) but that may be an issue to some. I get itches after shaving bc of how dry my skin becomes but using this on both legs made them not only soft but itch free - BLESS!

Would not travel with the glass jar though - decant into a smaller plastic container if possible!

It is a very luxurious bosy cream and even the packaging is meant to show that :).

on 5/2/2016 6:30:00 PM

I got a sample of this as part of an amaxon lux sample box. As I expect from a premium brand, the cream is light, spreads easily and is subtly fragranced. I very much like the way it absorbs in thoroughly, even on my hands. The fragrance, while not overpowering, is the longest lasting I've ever encountered in any lotion. Five hours later I can still smell it distinctly on my hands. i did not go nose-blind to it. So if I could afford it, I would definitely purchase L'occitane body lotion, though I personally would choose one of their other fragrances.

on 11/13/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really disappointed that this isn't what I was expecting/hoping for! I love the other "Amande/Almond" products I have from this company, specifically the shower oil and the after-bath/shower spray body oil. I love the scent of both of them and how gentle and moisturizing they are. I was expecting similar from the Concentrate Body Cream and was really disappointed to discover that it's a really lightweight, almost gel-like product and not a "cream" at all. I nearly bought it "sight unseen" but was fortunate to be able to try it in-store before buying it. I wanted this for the approaching Canadian winter but this will simply NOT cut it. I'll stick with body butters from The Body Shop or other good skin lotions or creams I've relied on in past.

on 4/23/2016 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not have any food, nut, or chemical allergies, but this product gave me hives and huge red rashes. I've never had any irritations or allergic reactions to any lotions or creams before (and I've tried so many), including retinol, so I was extremely surprised. After checking ewg.org, it looks like this product contains harmful chemicals and can irritate even normal skin. I would recommend patch testing this first before applying all over the body like I did.

Irritations aside, this product was also highly disappointing. For moisturizing properties, this performs average to low quality. My hands and feet felt dry not long after application and need more intensive creams. The rest of my body felt okay but still less hydrated than I would have liked. This product is less moisturizing than the shea butter hand creams, if that helps with the comparison, although I'm not a fan of those either because they make my hands feel too rubbery/silicone-ish. Also, the texture is very watery and not at all like a cream. The scent was also unpleasant, like burnt rubber and baby powder - definitely not a pleasant almond scent. My boyfriend really did not like it. This seems to be a problem with other reviewers. Maybe people with oily skin can handle this, but I would not recommend this to those with dry skin.

I really like L'Occitane's new peony face cream line, so I disappointed that this turned out so horribly. Quality is way below what I'm used to in my moisturizers, and that's probably because L'Occitane isn't known for its body lotions/creams (it's more successful products are facial and hand creams). I regret not trying a sample and buying it without thinking. Absolutely would not buy again.

on 3/19/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a sample and used it on my hands and arms. Wow. Absorbs quickly, not greasy, made my rough, dry skin feel soft and soothed. Would definitely invest in a larger size. Mild fragrance.

Popular Lotions / Creams