L'Occitane Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

4.3

Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protetin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Jaglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetearyl Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin

on 5/2/2016 6:30:00 PM

I got a sample of this as part of an amaxon lux sample box. As I expect from a premium brand, the cream is light, spreads easily and is subtly fragranced. I very much like the way it absorbs in thoroughly, even on my hands. The fragrance, while not overpowering, is the longest lasting I've ever encountered in any lotion. Five hours later I can still smell it distinctly on my hands. i did not go nose-blind to it. So if I could afford it, I would definitely purchase L'occitane body lotion, though I personally would choose one of their other fragrances.

on 4/23/2016 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not have any food, nut, or chemical allergies, but this product gave me hives and huge red rashes. I've never had any irritations or allergic reactions to any lotions or creams before (and I've tried so many), including retinol, so I was extremely surprised. After checking ewg.org, it looks like this product contains harmful chemicals and can irritate even normal skin. I would recommend patch testing this first before applying all over the body like I did.

Irritations aside, this product was also highly disappointing. For moisturizing properties, this performs average to low quality. My hands and feet felt dry not long after application and need more intensive creams. The rest of my body felt okay but still less hydrated than I would have liked. This product is less moisturizing than the shea butter hand creams, if that helps with the comparison, although I'm not a fan of those either because they make my hands feel too rubbery/silicone-ish. Also, the texture is very watery and not at all like a cream. The scent was also unpleasant, like burnt rubber and baby powder - definitely not a pleasant almond scent. My boyfriend really did not like it. This seems to be a problem with other reviewers. Maybe people with oily skin can handle this, but I would not recommend this to those with dry skin.

I really like L'Occitane's new peony face cream line, so I disappointed that this turned out so horribly. Quality is way below what I'm used to in my moisturizers, and that's probably because L'Occitane isn't known for its body lotions/creams (it's more successful products are facial and hand creams). I regret not trying a sample and buying it without thinking. Absolutely would not buy again.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/19/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a sample and used it on my hands and arms. Wow. Absorbs quickly, not greasy, made my rough, dry skin feel soft and soothed. Would definitely invest in a larger size. Mild fragrance.

on 3/9/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for L’Occitane’s Almond Milk Concentrate (the one that says “smoothing and beautifying” on the jar).

Although this is marketed as a body cream, I use it specifically as a hand cream. I find the majority of hand creams (including L’Occitane’s hand creams) to be excessively greasy. Working in an office has subjected me to having to use cheap overly drying hand soap, so I needed something extremely moisturizing to keep at work. I also need something that will absorb quickly, as greasy hands and handling paper or typing on a keyboard don’t mix well. I think I have finally found what I am looking for in L’Occitane’s Almond Milk Concentrate.

This cream has a whipped-like consistency. The texture is very light and it feels luxurious. It absorbs superfast into the skin, and it is extremely softening. There are no greasy after effects…just smooth, soft, nourished skin. It makes my hands feel soft and supple. The moisturizing effects are long lasting, but I do feel the need to reapply it every time I wash my hands.

This cream contains almond milk and oil. Those with nut allergies may need to beware. Also, it is heavily fragranced. The fragrance is pleasant, but strong. That being said, if you experience discomfort with respect to fragranced products or strong scents, this cream may not be for you. It has that signature L’Occitane scent, and the scent does linger on the skin after applied.

This cream is sold in one size (200ml), and it comes in a very heavy glass jar with a screw top. The glass is thick and likely can withstand shattering. However, the weight of the jar makes it not “travel friendly”. Also, because it’s in a jar, you have to dip your hand/fingers down into the product. That personally doesn't really bother me, but I know it can be a concern for some.

While I do use this cream for the purpose of moisturizing my hands, I am confident that it would be just as effective a moisturizer for any area of the body. In fact, it’s more practical to use it on your body instead of your hands, as you won’t end up washing it off as quickly. Nevertheless, I like it for my hands and I will continue to use it that way.

The L’Occitane website says that after one month of use, your skin will be firmer and satiny-smooth. I can’t attest to that…yet.

This product is pricey! In Canada, the cost is $59.00 (before tax). You do get a lot of product, but you may end up going through it quickly if you use it all over your body.

Verdict: I am very pleased with the softening properties of this product. I love that it is super light and fast absorbing. I’m not crazy about the heavy fragrance, but it does deliver everything else I was hoping for. That being said, I will definitely repurchase it once it’s gone.

on 2/25/2016 2:46:00 PM

This is such a luxurious cream, smells amazing, the texture is perfect! It gets absorved really fast leaving the skin smooth, moisturized and smelling heavenly, i love it! The only - side is the price.

on 2/14/2016 4:37:00 PM

The cold weather is taking a toll on my winter skin. Moisturized ok, but by the mid day my skin was itchy and flaky. Not a fan of the scent, it lasted too long. Could not wear any other scent with it. Argh, is winter over yet.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

smells like heaven. feels like heaven. i really love this product, makes my skin so soft. worth the price.

on 12/23/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My fave new body lotion!

I am all about everything in the L'Occitane Almond line (not gonna lie, mostly for its scent), but this cream is so insanely good that I'd still purchase it if it had no scent at all, which says a lot. Its thick and cream yet soaks in fast. After using this you will not stp smelling yourself or touching your skin - seriously!

Yes its hella bank at $50.00 for 7 0z but a little really does go a long way and this will last quite a while. To me, this is def. worth the price.

on 3/8/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After months and months of dry skin, to the point where it was itchy and scaly, I decided to walk in to L'occitane to try and find a remedy. Having recently bought the almond shower oil with good result, I allowed the sales person to talk me into purchasing this cream. And I'm glad I did. I hate oily creams and the feeling of moisturiser in general, but this has made my skin silky soft (to the point where I now receive compliments) with no greasy feel. I don't particularly love almonds, so the scent is neither here nor there for me. The packaging looks nice in my bathroom and the cream has improved the longevity of my spray tan. Definitely give this one a go if you have the cash.

This is pure luxury...the feel and scent are just heavenly. I love to mix this with the oil and slather it on after a bath, it makes my skin sooo pillowy soft and smooth. I really wish L'Occitane would bottle this fragrance and sell it as a perfume.