L'Occitane Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protetin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Jaglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetearyl Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

have been looking for a really great moisturizer forever! I've tried literally dozens of lotions, creams, serums, treatments, medicated gels...from expensive to cheap all came recommended by various people, even my dermatologist.

Nothing, absolutely nothing ever worked as good as this Milk Concentrate on my body. The cream is so light and fluffy, it feels amazing going on and absorbs right before your eyes. I'm left with smooth, soft, ultra hydrated skin that lasts DAYS.

Yes, the price is high but it's so worth it. Not only do I find that each application lasts so long I really only need a small amount to adequately hydrate my entire body.

You can even apply extra on problem areas, I had the dreaded kp on my arms. It's a synch to treat, I just apply the Milk Concentrate, work on other parts of my body and come back to reapply. The result?

No more kp!!! Seriously, in a week it was just gone after applying the cream at night and morning. My arms are the only place that needed serious hydration, every part of my body is so soft and touchable with applying the cream only *once* every three days.

This stuff is amazing, I was blown away by it when I was lucky enough to get a small sample with a Sephora order. The smell is nice and light, I really love it! It reminds me of sweet milk, the scent is quite subtle and is never over powering no matter how much you put on.

My only complaint? It really doesn't work well on my face, it's somehow too heavy.

on 6/7/2018 12:55:00 AM

I got this as a free sample at Sephora and used it before bed on my upper and lower arms two nights ago. I woke up yesterday with an angry, red, fine bumpy rash covering my arms. Today the rash is worse, spreading out into giant welts instead of the fine bumpy rash, and my arms are even swollen!! Its miserably itchy and ive had to be put on steroids because the reaction was so severe. I am fair skinned but my skin is not sensitve to lotions, body washes, etc. I’d love to know what ingredient caused my reaction because another woman who write a review here before me had the same exoerience. Proceed with caution...

I received a sample size of the L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate when I purchased the Almond Oil body wash. I have sensitive skin and thought that I would be safe using the almond milk concentrate after having no reaction to the body wash. I was wrong. I broke out in the itchiest angriest rash from my neck to my shins. I have had hives before, but the itch has been unbearable. What on earth have they put in this? I've had to take Prednisone to calm it down, and that's pretty strong medication. I am now covered in red bumpy little sores.

So disappointed in this and seeing so many other people having the same reaction saddens me. There is obviously a pretty strong irritant in this. I have a number of known allergies and checked the ingredients to ensure they were not included. Thank you L'Occitane, I now have another allergy, although I don't know what the hell it is.

I am beyond disappointed. And still itchy.

on 1/4/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Applied a sample of this lotion after evening shower, woke up with a crazy red rash all over my chest and stomach. I am a breastfeeding mother and these “surprises” do freak me out.
I don’t even have a sensitive skin and known allergies. This is the first time I got a reaction to a product.
Definitely won’t be using it again.

on 11/22/2017 6:22:00 PM

I should have listened to the reviews here. Hopefully other reviewers with sensitive skin will see the repetition in some of these reviews like mine and avoid this product.

Like others, I LOVE the Almond Shower Oil. As someone with sensitive skin and KP this was a life changer that I have continued to use for years. When I popped in-store to purchase a refill, I was successfully talked into buying a gift pack in the Almond range that included this moisturiser. I figured that if the Shower Oil was such a success for me, surely the body moisturiser in the same range would be too! I've used it after my shower for 4 days in a row and I've got these bumps all over my arms and legs - some of which are a bit itchy. It took 2 days to figure out and now it's just clicked - the only thing that's changed is using this moisturiser!!!

I also think the glass jar is problematic. It feels so dangerous to have in a room where if it fell, not only do I think it would shatter but it would definitely crack my bathroom tiles given it's weight.

I will take it back to the shop and see if they'll help me out by swapping this - it's an expensive product that seems to be causing a lot of reactions like this.

on 11/2/2017 11:44:00 PM

L’occitane’s Almond Milk Concentrate is a gorgeous body cream. It has a thick, rich texture which means that a little goes a long way. It leaves your skin feeling soft, plump and hydrated. The cream absorbs very quickly, which is great for a product so thick. My skin does not feel at all greasy, oily or sticky after using this. It is very hydrating and helps get rid of dry patches on the skin. The scent is a gorgeous sweet almond scent, with a touch of vanilla which to me is reminiscent of marzipan. The scent lasts for a long time on the skin, but is gentle enough that it won’t clash with any perfume you apply afterwards. I love this lotion, it is very expensive but it is honestly worth the money. A+

on 10/4/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this a few years and love how it moisturizes with a pleasant scent. Usually, I hate scents or they irritate my skin, but none of L'Occitane products cause me any problems. This is the thickest of the available lotions, and I use the lotion and shower gel too. Like I said, I've been using since 2014 and don't see changing at the time.

on 9/12/2017 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was my second try with L'Occitane products, and probably my last one.
This body cream has a very strong, a little artificial almond-powder scent which probably many people love but for me it gets annoying after some minutes. I think it is very strong and nothing for sensitive noses.
The consistency of the cream is nice, creamy, and quite nourishing.
Now for the bad. I used this twice after showering. I don'thave particulary sensitive body skin and can literally use anything for shower, bath and pampering. This body cream though gave me an itchy, bumpy rash on my arms and legs that was just horrible.
No idea what's in it but I never had such reaction before. The rash vanished as soon as I got back to the body lotion I used before.
So, I would not recommend this, especially not for sensitive skin types.

on 7/9/2017 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

RUN AWAY FROM THIS! I had a very similar experience to this as others. I have never had a rash or irritation of any kind from a lotion before and this broke me out in an all over itchy red rash. I would not recommend this. I swear Aveeno is just as moisturizing and sure as heck won't break you out. I don't recommend this at all. And I don't have and never have had sensitive skin or allergies.

on 3/12/2017 1:30:00 AM

I got a sample size of this and since the original is so expensive I probably will not repurchase.

This is pretty awesome. The smell is strong and lasts for hours on me (5+ and I could still smell it) but that may be an issue to some. I get itches after shaving bc of how dry my skin becomes but using this on both legs made them not only soft but itch free - BLESS!

Would not travel with the glass jar though - decant into a smaller plastic container if possible!

It is a very luxurious bosy cream and even the packaging is meant to show that :).

Popular Lotions / Creams