3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

Hypnose is such a comforting fragrance. It takes me back to when I was a little boy in the kitchen with my brother and mom making cookies. I can remember smelling the vanilla and the cookie dough which entombs you when you where this fragrance. I can also detect nuances of licorice and anise seed which add to the delectability of this fine fragrance. Lancome can seemingly do no wrong with their perfumes. Maybe I'll wear it tonight when I go into work. Lasts a decent amount of time and projection is good. The twisted bottle is beautiful and so is the purple juice. Hypnose is perfection in a bottle.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

I was gifted this last year and was pleasantly surprised. More than ten years ago, I decided against Hypnose because I got a very noticeable anise and also licorice from it - both notes turned havoc on my skin in many fragrances then. I don't know if Hypnose has been reformulated or my chemistry has changed, but nowadays I find it to be a comfortable,well-made vanilla musk that is both enveloping and creamy. It is rather linear on me. It is ornated with a light floral and vetyver adds depth to the drydown. All this is quite softspoken, just adding nuances to the overall vanilla-musk impression instead of creating edges. It is not the most original fragrance - especially after all these years- and neither does it have to be. Still, it is a pleasant and quality member of its genre. I received many compliments with it and Hypnose made me happy during a cold winter. The sillage feels soft to me but I have been told that it has a recognizable presence. Lasting power over 6 hours.

About reviewer (608 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

a year ago

I remember when Hypnose EDP launched in 2005. I was working in a cosmetic retail store and the counter had these yummy vanilla candies they were giving out to customers. In a way, whenever I smell Hypnose, I am transported back to that comforting and yummy vanilla candy. This isn't overtly sweet like Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle, but it has a beautiful vanilla in the heart notes that gives it character. Vetiver is in the base, which gives the scent an earthy and woody quality. The opening is with fruity floral passion flower. This is a sensual scent, and I still love it to this day.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

This is the second time I own this. First time it was mine was a few years ago and I remember loving it, but keep in mind it was summer time when I wore this. The second time I bought this it was about a year ago and let me tell you, this stuff is long lasting at it's finest. Not only a few spritz are enough to smell all day long, but I can only use this in the summer. I know it is a strong scent, but I don't know what happens between this and my skin, because in the colder months it smells absolutely terrible. But on hot days this is AMAZING. It blooms. It smells sweet, but not in a tacky way... it is just the perfect summer sweet scent for me. I usually wear stronger scents in winter/autumn, but this is one good exception. I love it. Also, I love the bottle. Very chic.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I could roll around in this. It starts out anise like, then goes a bit vanilla, and then to the most beautiful jasmine. I find it addicting.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I'm very picky about what perfumes I use...I have a very sensitive nose. I love this perfume, it doesn't bother me at all. I can't really describe the scent, it's familiar and unusual all at once, and it's sexy and sparkling.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

4 years ago

Love, love, LOVE this fragrance! I've been wearing it for years now ever since a friend purchased it for me. She made a great choice, as it is hard to pick out a fragrance for a friend sometimes. There's nothing quite like it. I get licorice and vanilla from it, but in a "mature" way. It's not real sweet, which is good for me. Also, it's a little woodsy. Sexy and mysterious is the way it smells, and it makes me feel that way when I wear it! It is not a loud "you can smell me as soon as I walk through the door" scent. It's more of a scent where others will smell it when they get close to you, and it sure does get compliments. The staying power is good. It works for pretty much every setting, although definitely best to wear out somewhere, rather than lounging around. This is one of my favorite fragrances at all time!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

4 years ago

I picked this up as a blind buy based on the notes listed. At first, all I could smell was a very manly flower scent (the spice) but as the day went on it turned into a creamy woody vanilla scent that draws you into a heavenly place. I don't find it an overly sweet scent, it's very sensual and comfortable to wear. I have fallen in love with this one!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

This is an oriental fragrance. I find it leans on the side of being unisex (due to the vetiver in it). It's very sensual and seductive. Top Note: Passion Flower Heart Note: Vanilla Base Note: Vetiver One of Lancome's best fragrances in my opinion!

About reviewer (470 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

I have a teeny tiny miniature bottle of Hypnose. It was a blind buy. I'll definitely repurchase in the large bottle when the time comes. Hypnose is simply gorgeous. I smell a wonderful licorice like vanilla upon the first spray. As the fragrance mellows, it becomes woodier. There are some very faint soft floral notes, but I can't discern the actual flowers. The vanilla is present throughout. This isn't an overly sweet vanilla. It's actually really pretty and comforting.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool