China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise

China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
Turned Up TurquoiseTurned Up Turquoise (China Glaze)China Glaze - Turned Up TurquoiseChG - Turned Up Turquoise w/ designsChG TuT w flash

3.6

on 1/18/2017 2:17:00 PM

Awesome color! ChG's Turned Up Turquoise is a super-bright neon teal. Looks amazing on the nail. This shade is in the same color family as OPI's Fly and Butter London's Slapper, but it's a bit more green than those other two. In fact, it looks more green than turquoise overall to me.

It dries to a satin-y matte finish, which looks great. But you can add a shiny top coat like I did, and it adds more richness and depth to the color. I really enjoyed wearing this one.

A bit stain-y upon removal, that's my only complaint.

I would buy this one again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this on a shopping spree with my best friend as we both love China Glaze. I was immediately drawn to this shade and I really like it. I'm not a huge fan of matte nails, so I put on a glossy topcoat and it looks perfect and the colour lasts a long time without chipping. I do 2 thin coats of polish and the coverage is perfect. I love this.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The color itself is great, but I can't get past the fact that it chips so quickly-I've used this several times with a variety of top coast and base coats(as well as without a base) and I can't get it to last for more than a few hours without chipping. I've even done my nails before bed and woke the next day and had chipping by the time my coffee was finished. The chipping isn't minor either-I've had over half a nail chip off in one go. I own a few other China Glaze colors, and none of them chip that quickly so I don't know what it is about this color but I'm very disappointed-I love the idea of the color and wanted it to work out so much.

I love the colour of this nail polish, it gives a great pop of colour and China glaze polishes are great! I love the matte finish of this polish but I wouldn't repurchase this, only because of the amount of chipping. I've found this product chips in a short amount of time (within a couple of hours) and when it chips it doesn't just chip a little bit, it chips in big chunks and by the end of the day most of my nails are nearly completely polish free so for that reason I wouldn't repurchase. I've tried a variety of top/base coats which really work with every other nail polish I own but they don't help with this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I am delighted with this color! I have never liked a matte effect, but after using this color I might actually look for some. It's a satin-y effect really rather than true matte , and I love that you gloss it up with a glossy top coat. It's a perfect bright turquoise, and reminds me of the water in the Carribean .

Yes, if I run out of this color, I will definitely want to get more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Interesting polish. A neon-bright, blue-leaning turquoise shimmer, or so it appears in the bottle. On the nail, it dries down, like most neons, to a satiny matte finish, with the shimmer only barely visible. Two coats gave me full opacity; one coat is pretty streaky and on the sheer side.

I actually really like the matte finish on this, but a decent top coat will restore the gloss and bring out the shimmer if that's what you prefer, and it will extend wear, of course.

I admit, I don't wear a lot of turquoise or aqua, not because I don't like it, but because some blues (and blue-greens) will bring out the visible blue veins in my very pale, cool-toned complexion, and this is no exception to that. It does make an excellent pedicure colour, though, and I sometimes wear it as an accent nail.

I also suspect this would stain, because it's very, very pigmented, so I definitely advise wearing a good base coat that you know will protect your nails.

So, fun little polish neon bright, cheerful. I got this as a surprise extra in a polish swap, and I'm super pleased with it. It's not something I would have chosen for myself, but I'm really glad to have it to add to my collection.

With a top coat, it's a really lovely colour and has a nice shimmer but it chips and flakes the same day even with a top coat. It's a pretty expensive polish so I'm really disappointed it's such poor quality.

This is a pretty color, but that's the only thing I like about it. It has a bit of shimmer to it. It chips fast, takes about 3 coats, and is just overall a pain to apply. If you like this color, find a color that is similar. Every time I go to apply it, I get really frustrated. Just not a very good polish.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color of this polish but hate everything else about it. It is so streaky and it almost dries too fast to go on well. I know it is supposed to have a matte finish being a neon, but the finish on this is just really weird. You need three coats to get rid of the streaks, but then it starts to get kind of clumpy. I did two coats with flakies over it to smooth things out and give it a nice finish. It also chips really fast. I have chips the next day and I never have that with other polishes. I would skip this one.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

THE. Nicest turquoise EVER. Beautiful. Definitely use a top coat for shine (Seche Vite). This look fabulous in photos, like when there's a candid of you hanging out with your friends, and your hand happens to be in the shot. LOL Nice.

Popular Polishes