LUSH Helping Hands

LUSH Helping Hands

3.6

on 1/11/2016 9:31:00 AM

I have extremely dry hands to the point that the skin around my nail flakes and itches. I got a sample pot with one of my larger purchases at lush and I'm glad it was only a sample. It lasts a lot longer than many hand creams I've tried (and I've tried many) but it felt thick and oily on my hands and did little for the dryness around my fingernails. I also loathed the smell; it was like a dirty, old cocoa smell mixed in with the smell of a musty room.

Overall, it's still one of the better hand creams I've tried but it's not the amazing one expects for the price.

This is a nice, thick hand cream with a subtle scent. I usually just put this one on before bed as, while it is very moisturising, it takes a long while to soak in and can leave a greasy residue. It is a good quality product with natural ingredients, but it isn't suitable to carry around in your handbag and reapply throughout the day which is something I prefer to be able to do with handcreams. A nice enough product but would not repurchase.

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2015 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice hand cream. I have some sort of heat rash or eczema going on right now and this is helping a bit. It smells okay, not great but not bad. Doesn't do anything for cuticles but it doesn't say it does either, although I find that many hand creams do help my cuticles this one does not. It absorbs fairly quickly, the packaging is fine, not portable but I like that you can scrape every last bit of product out of the tub since it's not cheap. I can't tell if this is any better than Dream Cream for my dry skin and hands. Might repurchase.

on 5/14/2015 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Brought the pump version (finally something with a pump) and realised it doesn't do much to my hands, stops my hands from getting drier but doesn't make it smoother.

Smells like bread i reckon, like the multi grain ones, but apparently that's just me.

on 2/5/2015 7:31:00 AM

I've sampled this one a few times. I think a fresh pot would smell nicer, but since I tested, they pull from the "try me" jar. it's a solid hand cream, but I didn't love the smell - perhaps it's the honey?

on 12/14/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have extremely dry skin and my hands are already very wrinkly, I have tried a lot of hand creams but nothing seems to work. When I got this one I wasn't too hopeful but even though a bit greasy this one has actually improved the texture of my skin. i apply it once a day and my hands usually don't get dry until the next application, which is really nice. I wash my hands quite a lot as well and other hand creams just wash off after one wash, whereas this one seems to stay on for 2/3 washes. I don't really like the packaging, it's hard to screw the top back on when you have greasy hands and the smell is a bit of a put off, but I will still buy it again. The only thing I don't like about it is the greasiness and how after applying it I can't touch my hair cause it get really oily : )

on 10/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like the results of this lotion, but the experience leaves something to be desired. I'm an esthetician and am constantly sanitizing my hands, so they are chronically dry and my cuticles split and bleed. Helping Hands does indeed help my hands, but does nothing for my cuticles. This alone would be more than acceptable, since it is not marketed as a cuticle product, but there are some issues. First, the smell. It's almost scentless, but not quiet. Unpleasant, but not overwhelming. It's just... off. I see applying this lotion as a chore, when at this price it should be an indulgence. I get that it's natural fragrances, but I'm just being honest. Second is the packaging. Honestly, I dock a star for almost all Lush packaging for this! Why not a pump, seriously? A tub, ugh! Is a pump that much worse? Considering this product comes with pumps in their holiday sets, I can't imagine it's the end of the word. In short, pleasant fragrance and pump please!

on 8/14/2014 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

One of my favourite skin care products ever! Rather than the pot I got a bottle with a pump on the top. With this and the 45g size it's perfect for work. I have to use alcohol based hand sanitizer a lot which is really drying. Using this afterwards has gotten my skin into much better condition.

on 3/23/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product for a long time and I have to say, I'm really disappointed. I wash my hands a lot and in the Idaho winters they get painfully uncomfortably dry. But this product was just mediocre. It's more moisturizing than nothing but it's no better than any average drugstore hand cream. It smells weird, it's greasy, it's expensive... For me, it's not a winner. It's not that it's a bad product, just a mediocre one. I will not be buying this again.

on 12/28/2013 9:03:00 PM

So disappointed! I normally LOVE lush products but this hamdcream was completely lost on me. I'm the exact demographic for this cream being a hand washing addict & was assured by the sales assistant that the cream would fix (at least moisturize) my dried out scaly spots & calm the general red, distressed skin on my hands. It didn't.
The cream doesn't feel overly special when applying it.....too little & your hands don't feel like they've been touched by moisturiser, too much & you end up an greasy/almost sticky mess!
I use this as a nighttime handcream & admit that maybe if I used it more frequently during the day I'd have better results, however the packaging limits its use.....carting around a tub in my handbag or opening a tub everytime I was my hands (which is a lot!) is just not practicle.
I also didn't care for the smell.....would it have killed them to put some lavender essential oil in there?
Although I wouldn't recommend this product, it's good enough that I'll use it up instead of chucking it, after all, it didn't make my hands worse so there's no need for such drama AND I will be trying another lush handcream after this to see if they do have a formulation that suits me because generally, they're products exceed expectations.
Hope this helps xx