LUSH Helping Hands

LUSH Helping Hands

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I cannot tell you how much this product has saved my hands. My skin is VERY sensitive. Several months ago my hands even turned blue around the knuckles with red spots due to the cold and dry weather here. I just moved here (The Netherlands) and didn't know what to expect but I know some weird things is going to happen to my skin, sometimes it's my back, around my neck, on my face, you name it. If you have sensitive skin,you know how it feels! Well this time it was my hands. That blue-red combination on my knuckles was not only ugly but it hurt A LOT! I mean, my skin was bleeding, crying for help. I was using Korres Mint and Tea hand cream at the time and loved it because it was light and non-greasy. But it didn't help much during autumn-winter season, so I decided I should try other handcreams. So I tried this product not only because I knew Lush has all amazing fresh ingredients but also because it was on 50% discount. So I got 100 gr pot for €6.50, it was worth it! I only have to put it on a tiny bit on my hands once a day before I go to bed. It worked almost instantly. Now those blue-red marks are totally gone and my hands returned to normal. The only cons I have for this product is that it only comes in pots, so not very easy to carry around.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had never bought LUSH products before because I thought they were just a little too pricey for me, but I'm glad I spent the extra cash for this! I recently started working at a restaurant and I do a lot of dishes and work with sanitizers and other things. Really quickly, my hands got suuuuper dry. I have other hand creams and lotions, but most of them tend to wash off in any sort of water contact so they didn't do much good long term. I don't know what it is about this cream, but it doesn't wash out unless I'm REALLY scrubbing at it.

This cream has really made a difference! It soaks in fast enough that I can apply some and be moving plates and dishes around thirty seconds later without leaving behind a greasy mess. There's a very subtle smell, I think a little bit of chamomile, and I guess I can see why some people don't like it, but I personally think it's very pleasant!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Nice. My hands were a little dry between the fingers, so I tried this. It is definitely very moisturizing without being too heavy. Perfect for summer. Has a herbal scent. A must have to use before bed and before leaving out for the work day. I may just start keeping it in my bag to use while at work.

on 1/11/2016 9:31:00 AM

I have extremely dry hands to the point that the skin around my nail flakes and itches. I got a sample pot with one of my larger purchases at lush and I'm glad it was only a sample. It lasts a lot longer than many hand creams I've tried (and I've tried many) but it felt thick and oily on my hands and did little for the dryness around my fingernails. I also loathed the smell; it was like a dirty, old cocoa smell mixed in with the smell of a musty room.

Overall, it's still one of the better hand creams I've tried but it's not the amazing one expects for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a nice, thick hand cream with a subtle scent. I usually just put this one on before bed as, while it is very moisturising, it takes a long while to soak in and can leave a greasy residue. It is a good quality product with natural ingredients, but it isn't suitable to carry around in your handbag and reapply throughout the day which is something I prefer to be able to do with handcreams. A nice enough product but would not repurchase.

on 7/21/2015 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice hand cream. I have some sort of heat rash or eczema going on right now and this is helping a bit. It smells okay, not great but not bad. Doesn't do anything for cuticles but it doesn't say it does either, although I find that many hand creams do help my cuticles this one does not. It absorbs fairly quickly, the packaging is fine, not portable but I like that you can scrape every last bit of product out of the tub since it's not cheap. I can't tell if this is any better than Dream Cream for my dry skin and hands. Might repurchase.

on 5/14/2015 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Brought the pump version (finally something with a pump) and realised it doesn't do much to my hands, stops my hands from getting drier but doesn't make it smoother.

Smells like bread i reckon, like the multi grain ones, but apparently that's just me.

on 2/5/2015 7:31:00 AM

I've sampled this one a few times. I think a fresh pot would smell nicer, but since I tested, they pull from the "try me" jar. it's a solid hand cream, but I didn't love the smell - perhaps it's the honey?

on 12/14/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have extremely dry skin and my hands are already very wrinkly, I have tried a lot of hand creams but nothing seems to work. When I got this one I wasn't too hopeful but even though a bit greasy this one has actually improved the texture of my skin. i apply it once a day and my hands usually don't get dry until the next application, which is really nice. I wash my hands quite a lot as well and other hand creams just wash off after one wash, whereas this one seems to stay on for 2/3 washes. I don't really like the packaging, it's hard to screw the top back on when you have greasy hands and the smell is a bit of a put off, but I will still buy it again. The only thing I don't like about it is the greasiness and how after applying it I can't touch my hair cause it get really oily : )

on 10/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like the results of this lotion, but the experience leaves something to be desired. I'm an esthetician and am constantly sanitizing my hands, so they are chronically dry and my cuticles split and bleed. Helping Hands does indeed help my hands, but does nothing for my cuticles. This alone would be more than acceptable, since it is not marketed as a cuticle product, but there are some issues. First, the smell. It's almost scentless, but not quiet. Unpleasant, but not overwhelming. It's just... off. I see applying this lotion as a chore, when at this price it should be an indulgence. I get that it's natural fragrances, but I'm just being honest. Second is the packaging. Honestly, I dock a star for almost all Lush packaging for this! Why not a pump, seriously? A tub, ugh! Is a pump that much worse? Considering this product comes with pumps in their holiday sets, I can't imagine it's the end of the word. In short, pleasant fragrance and pump please!