Smashbox Vibe

No Image

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this color on me. I have medium to golden tanned skin (depending on the season) and it seems all year round I can wear this color and still look nice. It compliments my complexion and it looks simple...like a reddish tint to my pale lips. very nice, and it is not waxy or drying like most lipsticks I tried. I put it on and it doesnt feel like I have anything on, just a light glide on my lips is all...almost like wearing chapstick.

I did not think this color would look good on me, but I'm glad I didn't follow my 1st instinct. Although it isn't my HG lippie, it's way up there. I was taken aback how much it brightened my face. I like to wear this shade when I'm wearing black clothing, or on those days when I'm not going to fuss with the rest of my m/u, I just swipe this on so the focus will be on my lips instead of the rest of my undone face.
It's a minor thing, but I also like the tubes these Smashbox lippies come in...they are like a rubbery texture if that makes any sense.

on 4/16/2007 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an existing lipstick that was recently released in a QVC TSV autodelivery kit. Smashbox lipsticks have no scent and a nice amount of pigment. They arent really moisturizing but they are not drying either. Vibe is a soft red berry with a brownish undertone to it. I thought this would go pink like a lot of reds do i me, but the brownish hint to it makes it less pink. Great with a peachy or golden gloss over the top to really warm it up. Nice shade with my nc30 light olive complexion.

on 3/21/2007 6:16:00 PM

In the store, this appeared to be a sheer neutral reddish brown --"your lips but redder"--but when I got it home and put it on under everyday lights, there was an orange undertone that was quite unflattering. I find there's something kind of old-ladyish about orangey lipsticks, and even though Vibe just has a hint as an undertone, it was enough, I felt, to really age me. Alas, too late to return it, so it's been relegated to the lipstick graveyard. (As an aside, it turns out that Smashbox's Surreal was what I was looking for.)

on 1/2/2007 9:13:00 PM

Received this in a swap and it became an instant HG. This is a warm sheer reddish rosey pink. It has a sheen but is not at all gloss-like. Creamy texture, average lasting power. Would def. repurchase. I am MAC NW20, warm freckles, brunette, dark brown eyes.

on 10/7/2005 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a semi-bright shade, a bright reddened-rosey shade with a touch of mauve (but barely) The texture is to die for - smooth, not too sheer, and GLOSSY!! ahhhhh looks like a creamy gloss :) I love this lipstick, i can't wait to get more from Smashbox! For reference i'm an asian, nc30, yellow/olive girl.