LUSH Almond Buttercream

No Image

3.2

on 7/4/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really loved this butter cream! I wasn't expecting a lather and it didn't give me one, which is fine by me (for me I loove bubbles in the bath, but think they are unneccesary for just showering).

I loved the scent, which didn't smell that almondy to me, just slightly "yummy", for lack of a better word. I didn't find the scent to be long lasting, but I don't really mind that either.

What this did do, was gently exfoliate, and it didn't dry my skin out. I find all shower gels and soaps dry my skin out, and while this wasn't super moisturising, at least it didn't dry me out further. For this fact, and the gentle exfoliation, this is simply the best body cleanser I have ever tried!

I haven't had any trouble with this not cleaning me properly like some have, although I can't really imagine my skin being squeaky clean anyway

I have no complaints about the packaging (in NZ they cut a wedge from the "cake" of buttercream, and wrap it in paper which I like as it is environementaly friendly). I can't be bothered dealing with a pot, I just unwrap it and put it in my shower (out of the water). I don't find this dissolves any quicker or slower than standard soap. The slices I normally get are quite hard, and so I think if they have been in the shop awhile they may dry out/harden. I also think that if this happens maybe they could dissolve more slowly? This is totally my guess though :)

on 7/8/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was better than Heavenly Bodies. It didn’t have that weird chemically smell… thank goodness because if it did then I would never give another buttercream a chance… ever! So I like the scent of this, very almondy/cinnamony. I find that the scent actually stays with you, which is amazing. I have to admit though, it didn’t moisturize at all and I was thus forced to use a moisturizer after my shower. I don’t think I’ll repurchase because the whole point of a buttercream is to moisturize… and this failed miserably at it.

on 3/2/2009 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I dont know why everytime LUSH makes a Almond labeled product...I expect it to smell as lovely as Smitten or Snowcake. This one smelled more like some grocery store brand soap. And it was so gritty that I felt like I was washing with dirt. I defintely wont use this one again.

on 10/30/2005 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had a generous sample of this. I was expecting a nice almond scent, but the actualy smell was yucky. It was sort of sweet and "off". Although it was mosituring and smooth, the scent just wasn't up to par. I reccomend trying another buttercream instead (I like heavenly bodies) if you didn't like this scent. However, if the scen is for you, then I'd reccomend this.

on 10/7/2005 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this must be my favorite of the new buttercreams since i reach for this most often. it's absolutely addicting in all respects. the consistancy is creamy, soft, and mushy like a luxurious paste....very easy to soap up into a pretty rich lather. smells like sweet, heady almond with a hint of gorgeous orange oils. this is an extremely feminine food scent but not noxious or sticky sweet. the closest comparison for me is an exotic almond liqueur, similar to italian amaretto. and best of all, the scent does linger for quite awhile! i use about a 1" sliver (or smaller b/c you only need a tiny bit) and use it like any solid soap. don't take the whole buttercream in the shower with you though b/c it will melt away. i did make the mistake however of using this for the first time after i shaved my legs. owww!! this has exfoliating almond grounds in it and it shouldn't be used after shaving...trust me it really hurts! but on normal non-shaving days it feels like a pretty mild exfoliant b/c the almond bits are very fine. i love almond buttercream and will repurchase as long as lush carries it.

Popular Gels/Soaps