LUSH Almond Buttercream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.8

I love Almond Buttercream. Before using it, I had tried Ring of Roses Buttercream and wasn't crazy about that one. I still loved the idea of buttercreams so I gave this one a try and I am so glad I did. It is a great multipurpose shower product - it exfoliates, moisturizes, and cleans, all at the same time. I don't like to use soap on my dry skin, and this is a great compromise. It doesn't dry out my skin at all.

I am not super crazy about the smell but it is very light and I don't mind it. I store mine in a container outside of the shower, and it is lasting me a long time. Definitely don't take the whole thing in the shower, it would all wash away! I break off a piece at a time. This is one of my favorite LUSH products - a definite keeper I will continue to repurchase.

on 8/24/2007 3:50:00 PM

I adore this, but I'm an almond junky. Slathering myself with lathery, almondy, buttery loveliness is just such zen, and it doesn't leave the shower gross. If you don't elect to keep it in the fridge (I don't because I'd never remember to go get it!), do use it up quickly because it does odd things when left to its own devices..

i have a love-hate relationship with lush buttercreams. i love the concept of mooshing the buttery concotion all over my body and finishing with a bath poof. the reality isnt nearly as satisfying. theyre spot on when they say that buttercreams dont lather much because theyre so full of moisturizers. they are very moisturizing, but at the expense of leaving my skin feeling a bit waxy. its not an ideal sensation, but i can live with it. i enjoy the concept of slicing a bit off every time i want to use it.

other reviewers mention that this particular product is very soft and lushs site says that its the softest of them all, but mine is the most solid of the lot i purchased. (all but skinny dip. i dont care for the scent in general.) its very hard, which makes for good slicing but poor mooshability factor. the scent is straight up real almond to my nose. no marzipan or fakey almond extract. (i enjoy fake almond, and i wouldnt have minded it in this case.) i didnt get a whiff of orange, cinnamon, lime, or anything else promised.

i wont repurchase this particular scent because its nothing special IMO, but there are a few that i do like the scent of enough to repurchase. (lemslip (zingy lemon) and heavenly bodies (buttery chocolate.)) continued >>

Oh, my. This was... shall we say... icky? The texture felt funny, and it left a residue on my skin. Despite the delicious-sounding name, this was not a pleasure to use at all.

I love, love, love LUSH but this product is truly vile. The sesame seeds give a horrible texture and aroma. It has a sticky consistency and you feel like you need a shower after using it! LUSH aromas are usually orgasmic but this one just smells like cheap kids sweets, nothing to do with almonds whatsover. Sorry LUSH but this time you let me down. Will not repurchase.