LUSH Almond Buttercream

No Image

4.5

on 7/4/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really loved this butter cream! I wasn't expecting a lather and it didn't give me one, which is fine by me (for me I loove bubbles in the bath, but think they are unneccesary for just showering).

I loved the scent, which didn't smell that almondy to me, just slightly "yummy", for lack of a better word. I didn't find the scent to be long lasting, but I don't really mind that either.

What this did do, was gently exfoliate, and it didn't dry my skin out. I find all shower gels and soaps dry my skin out, and while this wasn't super moisturising, at least it didn't dry me out further. For this fact, and the gentle exfoliation, this is simply the best body cleanser I have ever tried!

I haven't had any trouble with this not cleaning me properly like some have, although I can't really imagine my skin being squeaky clean anyway

I have no complaints about the packaging (in NZ they cut a wedge from the "cake" of buttercream, and wrap it in paper which I like as it is environementaly friendly). I can't be bothered dealing with a pot, I just unwrap it and put it in my shower (out of the water). I don't find this dissolves any quicker or slower than standard soap. The slices I normally get are quite hard, and so I think if they have been in the shop awhile they may dry out/harden. I also think that if this happens maybe they could dissolve more slowly? This is totally my guess though :)

I love Almond Buttercream. Before using it, I had tried Ring of Roses Buttercream and wasn't crazy about that one. I still loved the idea of buttercreams so I gave this one a try and I am so glad I did. It is a great multipurpose shower product - it exfoliates, moisturizes, and cleans, all at the same time. I don't like to use soap on my dry skin, and this is a great compromise. It doesn't dry out my skin at all.

I am not super crazy about the smell but it is very light and I don't mind it. I store mine in a container outside of the shower, and it is lasting me a long time. Definitely don't take the whole thing in the shower, it would all wash away! I break off a piece at a time. This is one of my favorite LUSH products - a definite keeper I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/7/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a one-use size sample and am surprised by all of the negative reviews here. I really liked this product, especially compared to ultra-moisturizing mainstream body washes like Olay Ribbons bodywash, and Caress Moroccan... for example.

The Lush product is desserty, not too oily or sweet and has ground almond shells in it for somewhat effective exfoliation. I found it to condition my skin with a nice balance of aloe and citrus oil (+ cinnamon). Will most likely repurchase next time I make a Lush haul.

Watch out in the shower because it is slippery!

on 6/16/2006 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Absolutely ADORE this stuff. I never would have chosen it for my dry, crazy-sensitive skin, but no problems with scratchiness to date. In fact, my skin feels BETTER after I use this. I also detest almond/marzipan scents, but thankfully this smells closer to the vanilla pod-scented products that Lush makes. Brilliant move on their part to send me a sample, cause I never would have tried it otherwise, and now I'm hooked. (Sigh. I'm considering just sending my paycheck directly to Lush each month.) 5 stars.

01/18/07 EDIT: Still enjoy this, but some of the novelty wore off. (And I forget to get it out of the fridge when I want to use it, and then I'm already wet in the shower...) Change to 4 stars.

Popular Gels/Soaps