LUSH Almond Buttercream

No Image

3.0

on 7/4/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really loved this butter cream! I wasn't expecting a lather and it didn't give me one, which is fine by me (for me I loove bubbles in the bath, but think they are unneccesary for just showering).

I loved the scent, which didn't smell that almondy to me, just slightly "yummy", for lack of a better word. I didn't find the scent to be long lasting, but I don't really mind that either.

What this did do, was gently exfoliate, and it didn't dry my skin out. I find all shower gels and soaps dry my skin out, and while this wasn't super moisturising, at least it didn't dry me out further. For this fact, and the gentle exfoliation, this is simply the best body cleanser I have ever tried!

I haven't had any trouble with this not cleaning me properly like some have, although I can't really imagine my skin being squeaky clean anyway

I have no complaints about the packaging (in NZ they cut a wedge from the "cake" of buttercream, and wrap it in paper which I like as it is environementaly friendly). I can't be bothered dealing with a pot, I just unwrap it and put it in my shower (out of the water). I don't find this dissolves any quicker or slower than standard soap. The slices I normally get are quite hard, and so I think if they have been in the shop awhile they may dry out/harden. I also think that if this happens maybe they could dissolve more slowly? This is totally my guess though :)

I love Almond Buttercream. Before using it, I had tried Ring of Roses Buttercream and wasn't crazy about that one. I still loved the idea of buttercreams so I gave this one a try and I am so glad I did. It is a great multipurpose shower product - it exfoliates, moisturizes, and cleans, all at the same time. I don't like to use soap on my dry skin, and this is a great compromise. It doesn't dry out my skin at all.

I am not super crazy about the smell but it is very light and I don't mind it. I store mine in a container outside of the shower, and it is lasting me a long time. Definitely don't take the whole thing in the shower, it would all wash away! I break off a piece at a time. This is one of my favorite LUSH products - a definite keeper I will continue to repurchase.

on 8/24/2007 3:50:00 PM

I adore this, but I'm an almond junky. Slathering myself with lathery, almondy, buttery loveliness is just such zen, and it doesn't leave the shower gross. If you don't elect to keep it in the fridge (I don't because I'd never remember to go get it!), do use it up quickly because it does odd things when left to its own devices..

on 10/7/2005 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this must be my favorite of the new buttercreams since i reach for this most often. it's absolutely addicting in all respects. the consistancy is creamy, soft, and mushy like a luxurious paste....very easy to soap up into a pretty rich lather. smells like sweet, heady almond with a hint of gorgeous orange oils. this is an extremely feminine food scent but not noxious or sticky sweet. the closest comparison for me is an exotic almond liqueur, similar to italian amaretto. and best of all, the scent does linger for quite awhile! i use about a 1" sliver (or smaller b/c you only need a tiny bit) and use it like any solid soap. don't take the whole buttercream in the shower with you though b/c it will melt away. i did make the mistake however of using this for the first time after i shaved my legs. owww!! this has exfoliating almond grounds in it and it shouldn't be used after shaving...trust me it really hurts! but on normal non-shaving days it feels like a pretty mild exfoliant b/c the almond bits are very fine. i love almond buttercream and will repurchase as long as lush carries it.

on 6/7/2008 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a one-use size sample and am surprised by all of the negative reviews here. I really liked this product, especially compared to ultra-moisturizing mainstream body washes like Olay Ribbons bodywash, and Caress Moroccan... for example.

The Lush product is desserty, not too oily or sweet and has ground almond shells in it for somewhat effective exfoliation. I found it to condition my skin with a nice balance of aloe and citrus oil (+ cinnamon). Will most likely repurchase next time I make a Lush haul.

Watch out in the shower because it is slippery!

on 6/16/2006 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Absolutely ADORE this stuff. I never would have chosen it for my dry, crazy-sensitive skin, but no problems with scratchiness to date. In fact, my skin feels BETTER after I use this. I also detest almond/marzipan scents, but thankfully this smells closer to the vanilla pod-scented products that Lush makes. Brilliant move on their part to send me a sample, cause I never would have tried it otherwise, and now I'm hooked. (Sigh. I'm considering just sending my paycheck directly to Lush each month.) 5 stars.

01/18/07 EDIT: Still enjoy this, but some of the novelty wore off. (And I forget to get it out of the fridge when I want to use it, and then I'm already wet in the shower...) Change to 4 stars.

on 7/8/2009 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was better than Heavenly Bodies. It didn’t have that weird chemically smell… thank goodness because if it did then I would never give another buttercream a chance… ever! So I like the scent of this, very almondy/cinnamony. I find that the scent actually stays with you, which is amazing. I have to admit though, it didn’t moisturize at all and I was thus forced to use a moisturizer after my shower. I don’t think I’ll repurchase because the whole point of a buttercream is to moisturize… and this failed miserably at it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looks-
Dark brown, with tiny seeds (like sesame, but I think they are almond), kinda looks like a slice of fudge or cake. Looks a bit gross on my washcloth and/or shower pouf.

Scent- Dessert, an almond, orange, spicy cake. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either. Pretty neutral, you might enjoy it if you like Pud (though I wouldn't say the scents are exactly the same, but similar as far as Lush goes)

Lather/Cleansing- Lathers well when used with a shower pouf, way better than most Lush Buttercreams I'd say. I felt clean.

The above said I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 5/18/2007 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This smelled nothing like almonds 'false advertising' It smelled kinda weird almost nauseating in a way but somewhat tolerable?? It exfoliated really well but lacked in the moisturizing department. I'll use it up just because i don't want it to go to waste but after that i will never repurchase

on 3/12/2007 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's not great and it's not terrible. It smells a lot like Pepsi actually, rather than almonds and is nicely exfoliating. The thing is, the longer you have it, the more the smell goes sort of off - like rubber.