Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very smooth yet foams really well. It does have that cooling, menthol feel others have talked about but if you're used to using Liquid Castile Peppermint Soap then this is barely there. I put it directly on my Foreo Luna Mini and move it around my face until everything is clean. I bought the tube instead of the pump for a two week vacation I took since it was cheaper and more compact. So far my sensitive, red, greasy, break out prone skin is very balanced: thoroughly clean yet super soft. Will continue using and probably repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty oily skin, I get oily in no time after I wash my face.
I bought this hoping for something that will keep my sebum a little more calm, as in the summer I am glowing like a bulb. I must say this is harsh on the skin, it dries so bad I feel my face tight after using it. Some hydrating cream does the job, but in the long run this is drying. I use it rarely, only when I feel I need a good wash. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The smell is a bit off for me . It does clean my skin very well without drying . Recommend to everyone but I personally will not repurchase as there're a lot more great option out there .

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this cleanser because it's very powerful -- definitely not gentle or mild, really gets every last trace of everything. Great for my oily skin and for getting rid of makeup. I bought this because it is fragrance-free and contains sulfates (which are getting really hard to find, surprisingly, in facial cleansers, and I need them for my oily skin -- these newfangled "gentle surfactants" just don't cut it for me). It has a great consistency and travels well too. The only thing I don't like about this cleanser is the amount of menthol in it. It's quite low on the ingredients list, so I thought that I wouldn't notice it that much. But OMG, I find the menthol tingle of this product to be absolutely overwhelming. Because I know that menthol is just a gimmick and doesn't actually mean anything for cleansing, I get extremely annoyed by it. I find the sensation uncomfortable and unpleasant, and I think Clinique would do well to get rid of it. Other than that, this is a great cleanser. And even though I dislike the menthol tingling, I will say that it did not cause any redness or irritation for me (and I have very sensitive skin, so I'm actually shocked). The menthol annoys me so much that I won't repurchase this unless A) they reformulate it to exclude menthol; or B) I can't find another cleanser as powerful as this one. Still on the hunt, will report back!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my holy grail cleanser for years. I have super oily, breakout-prone skin and nothing cleans it as good as this, without drying out or irritating. If I ever try another cleanser, I notice quite soon that my skin gets a bit red, irritated, flaky, and usually not as clean. I always end up going back to Clinique. Used with a Clarisonic, it's amazing!

I would probably recommend not using this around the eyes if you get dry skin there though. I notice in the winter that I get flaky there if I do. Just use a gentle makeup remover around the eyes.

I know Paula Begoun doesn't like this because it has menthol in it. Well, it's quite a small amount of menthol - nothing like those drugstore cleansers that brag about their "tingling" effect. Maybe I notice a tiny tingling effect from this if I leave it on for a while. But seriously, this is still so much less irritating than anything else I have tried.

I also like that a little goes a long way with this. Yes, it costs a bit more than something from the drugstore, but you only need a pea-size amount so a bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a gift from a friend after I complained of oily skin that was always breaking out. I have also had this for over a year and using it consistently so my review is pretty accurate on how it performed on my skin.

So......love, LOVE this facial soap, probably my holy grail when it comes to cleansers and something that I will always have in my bathroom cupboard as a go to when my skin flares up.

This has really helped to combat my super oily skin and as a result took care of recurring acne such that I no longer have any acne, just the scarring! The product is a clear gel like that foams on your face once mixed with water and is super mild for what it achieves. It didn't dry out my skin or irritate it in any way and I really enjoyed the refreshing feeling I got after use. Product has a very very mild but unmistakable scent but I really don't mind this at all.

This sells for (and I think £17.50) in Debenhams as a single product or you can buy this in the 3 Step System set for maybe £45 or so. I'm not too sure as I always just get the facial cleanser and always at £11.50 as Debenhams is always running some kind of promotion on skincare. The price is quite high but honestly, a small price to pay given the effects of this. I will be honest though and say results are not overnight and require a certain degree of consistency so don't expect brighter skin in 3 days. However, the oil control is almost an immediate result. I no longer use this everyday like I used to but in the Summer months and during my monthly visitors who tend to break me up and produce excess oil on my skin.

This is definitely a must have for oily skinned people!! You also don't need to use this with the 2 other Clinique products it comes with. I couple mine with a Garnier blackhead scrub, Garnier toner and 100% argan oil for face and body as a moisturiser and it works wonders for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser did not work for me. It foamed up nicely and did a good job of cleaning my skin but it was extremely irritating to my eyes which is an issue i have with nearly all clinique products.
I would advise people with sensitive skin to avoid this product at all costs.

Would not repurchase. This and my skin didn't play nice :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

why oh why this soap has to have a menthol in it. for those who like a 'cooling' sensation when you wash your face, maybe this facial soap is made for you, but not for me.
i think the sense of cooling is different from refreshing. My mistake for not reading the ingredient first before i buy it.

what i like about this soap is the texture, which is liquid and soft, no-tacky feeling, and fortunately the menthol doesn't irritate and dry out my mild rosacea, combi-oily and sensitive skin, so that's why i still use it twice daily until now.
i won't repurchase it when i run out this one, but it will be a looong way to go because i think this bottle can last more than 6-7 months, and i've been only using it for 1 month now.

Love it!!