Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my holy grail cleanser for years. I have super oily, breakout-prone skin and nothing cleans it as good as this, without drying out or irritating. If I ever try another cleanser, I notice quite soon that my skin gets a bit red, irritated, flaky, and usually not as clean. I always end up going back to Clinique. Used with a Clarisonic, it's amazing!

I would probably recommend not using this around the eyes if you get dry skin there though. I notice in the winter that I get flaky there if I do. Just use a gentle makeup remover around the eyes.

I know Paula Begoun doesn't like this because it has menthol in it. Well, it's quite a small amount of menthol - nothing like those drugstore cleansers that brag about their "tingling" effect. Maybe I notice a tiny tingling effect from this if I leave it on for a while. But seriously, this is still so much less irritating than anything else I have tried.

I also like that a little goes a long way with this. Yes, it costs a bit more than something from the drugstore, but you only need a pea-size amount so a bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a gift from a friend after I complained of oily skin that was always breaking out. I have also had this for over a year and using it consistently so my review is pretty accurate on how it performed on my skin.

So......love, LOVE this facial soap, probably my holy grail when it comes to cleansers and something that I will always have in my bathroom cupboard as a go to when my skin flares up.

This has really helped to combat my super oily skin and as a result took care of recurring acne such that I no longer have any acne, just the scarring! The product is a clear gel like that foams on your face once mixed with water and is super mild for what it achieves. It didn't dry out my skin or irritate it in any way and I really enjoyed the refreshing feeling I got after use. Product has a very very mild but unmistakable scent but I really don't mind this at all.

This sells for (and I think £17.50) in Debenhams as a single product or you can buy this in the 3 Step System set for maybe £45 or so. I'm not too sure as I always just get the facial cleanser and always at £11.50 as Debenhams is always running some kind of promotion on skincare. The price is quite high but honestly, a small price to pay given the effects of this. I will be honest though and say results are not overnight and require a certain degree of consistency so don't expect brighter skin in 3 days. However, the oil control is almost an immediate result. I no longer use this everyday like I used to but in the Summer months and during my monthly visitors who tend to break me up and produce excess oil on my skin.

This is definitely a must have for oily skinned people!! You also don't need to use this with the 2 other Clinique products it comes with. I couple mine with a Garnier blackhead scrub, Garnier toner and 100% argan oil for face and body as a moisturiser and it works wonders for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

To Read all 175 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser did not work for me. It foamed up nicely and did a good job of cleaning my skin but it was extremely irritating to my eyes which is an issue i have with nearly all clinique products.
I would advise people with sensitive skin to avoid this product at all costs.

Would not repurchase. This and my skin didn't play nice :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

why oh why this soap has to have a menthol in it. for those who like a 'cooling' sensation when you wash your face, maybe this facial soap is made for you, but not for me.
i think the sense of cooling is different from refreshing. My mistake for not reading the ingredient first before i buy it.

what i like about this soap is the texture, which is liquid and soft, no-tacky feeling, and fortunately the menthol doesn't irritate and dry out my mild rosacea, combi-oily and sensitive skin, so that's why i still use it twice daily until now.
i won't repurchase it when i run out this one, but it will be a looong way to go because i think this bottle can last more than 6-7 months, and i've been only using it for 1 month now.

Love it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser, unfortunately I think that it completely dried my face out. Had to return it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this all during my 20's but ventured off to new things. I figured I go back to it to see if I still like it. I do. This is a great cleanser for anyone that is oily and reactive to ingredients. Very rarely do I find a cleanser that doesn't actually promote breakouts. This cleanser's performance reminds me a lot of Philosophy Purity Made Simple however it isn't as drying and it doesn't cause breakouts. Clinique's mild liquid soap for combo/oily skin really gets every trace of makeup off my face without stinging or irritation. I don't even need a pre makeup remover before this. I do wear a lot of makeup but non-waterproof (a few concealers, foundation, bronzer, at least four eye shadows, liner, two mascaras, blush etc.). This surprisingly takes it all off. I like to wash my face with my eyes open to check to see if all of the grub is coming off and I can do that with this cleanser because it doesn't burn the eyes if you get too close to them. I also find that I don't need a toner with this cleanser. I only wash once at night and I don't find this particularly drying. It could possibly be drying if you were to wash 2x/day. There is a very mild "soap" scent which is nice as well. This doesn't contain any skin benefits such as AHA's or antioxidants. This is just a good solid basic cleanser for people with combination to oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost 2 years now and I love it! It's fragrance free, dye free, and also very gentle and perfect for sensitive skin. I've been on the search for the perfect face wash and i've found it! It amazes me that it only has a 3.5 rating when it should be more. It also is only $17 at sephora which isn't bad compared to Boscia or Dior or something. This is amazing and if you dont like it, it can be returned at sephora.... even if its empty!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had very oily skin for the past year or so, which has been a drastic change from what has always been quite dry skin. With that being said, I have began modifying my skincare routine in an effort to cater to my new skin problem areas. I had purchased several bottles of this product a few years ago in the Mild version and liked it a lot. This time around I went for the Oily version along with purchasing the toner and moisturizer-also formulated for oily skin. I felt when using the entire line in addition to my Clarisonic, I achieved the best results. I felt the Clarisonic made a huge difference in the amount of oil that would inevitably appear on my face, particularly my forehead, throughout the day. I have always used a separate makeup remover before cleansing, so this is a non-issue for me, but if it is for you, be aware of what the other reviews read about this!
What I've always appreciated about this cleanser is that it is fragrance-free, simple, plain old facial wash. This is probably why those with sensitive, especially acne prone skin, find these products so effective. Despite its simplicity, Clinique somehow manages to take a basic product and make it feel (it develops into a nice, foamy lather) and look (attractive, sea-foam green bottle that feels kind of wrong to throw away) very luxurious. There is a 5 oz tube available for purchase for $14, and the bottle with the pump (which dispenses the perfect amount of product) is $17. If you feel as though this product is drying, try using the Mild version, which is for combination and dry skin. I deducted a lippie since $17 is a little steep for a face wash, and considering I purchased the toner and moisturizer from this line I was sort of expecting more of a drastic change in the oily disaster my skin has become.