Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely BEST hand cream I have EVER used. I hate hate hate anything that smells like lemons, but this smells like the yummiest lemon sugar cookie. It reminds me of the cold and winter and it's simply the best. It's unfortunately been discontinued so it's pretty much impossible to find these days. 5 stars!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm on the fence about this hand cream. It's not terrible, but it's not as moisturizing as it could be. Also, I don't love the smell, which reminds me a little of yellow cake batter. I won't be repurchasing because I think there are some drugstore brands that are a lot cheaper and do the trick better.

This stuff is great! It makes my hands so soft. I got the combo set on QVC with Handmade in a tub as well as a small tube. The consistency is very thick, almost like Crisco. The scent is a lemon cream to me, not bright and lemony, but more subtle. I will repurchase as it does makes my hands much softer and smoother.

on 4/20/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like the person below me I can't believe the low ratings on this one. I love this hand cream. The smell is divine and the texture is rich. It keeps my hands nice and smooth. A couple of days ago my hands were peeling and this cream diminshed that. The only con I can think of is the price. ;-P

on 6/18/2006 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is okay, but definitely not the best hand cream I've used. It has the synthetic lemon custard scent that about a quarter of Philosophy products use, which I initially liked but now I'm getting sick of. I put this on primarily before bed, but it never sunk into my skin and as soon as I washed my hands, it was like I'd never put it on. Still good for temporary relief though, especially in winter.

on 12/12/2005 8:41:00 PM

I leave a jar of this above the kitchen sink for after I wash the dishes. However, it's greasy so I better not put any dishes away until it's fully absorbed. For a heavy-duty hand cream, I'll use a dab of Fresh's shea butter instead.

on 11/5/2005 4:44:00 PM

Got it with a drugstore.com order. It never seems to absorb and doesn't really do anything to add moisture to dry hands. I don't know what it is about Philosophy products but I have yet to try one that isn't overpriced and crappy.

on 10/13/2005 3:20:00 PM

I received my 'Handmade' set today from QVC (the set includes a 4oz tub & a 1oz tube for about $28). Anyway, I generally can't stand the smell of most Philosophy products (gives me severe headaches & aggrivates my asthma), but this one is just perfect-makes me want to eat a lemon meringue pie!; has a thick consistency, but it sinks right into the skin; I highly recommend this for dry, cracked heels too.

on 10/6/2005 5:17:00 PM

Just got this today, so I can't comment on its long-term moisturizing ability. Feels great going on, though. Thick and creamy, but not oily. It melted right into my skin and left a lovely, light lemony custard fragrance.

Popular Lotions / Creams