Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.7

on 5/5/2018 3:18:00 PM

Fresh cream is my least favorite scent but it appears to be the most popular. I do like raspberries and cream, but my favorite has to be apricots and peach which smells DIVINE. I've received so many compliments from people asking what I'm wearing. Unfortunately it's ridiculously hard to find and Nordstrom is always sold out, QVC no longer stocks it, and philosophy.com just isn't selling it period. I'm extremely picky with scents and it's rare that I ever repurchase a cream or lotion but Apricots and Peach is my holy grail. It's so moisturizing and I don't have to reapply all the time. If the Philosophy gods ever read this, please bring back A&P!!!

on 9/26/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Many people complain about the smell of Philosophy products, but I never had that problem. Until I tried Handmade. The one plus is that it keeps my hands away from my face as is the smell is so sickly sweet I can't bear my hands to get anywhere within whiffing distance of my nose after I've used this. Thank goodness I only bought the small tube of this. The cream itself is nice but not as good as Time on Your Hands.

on 4/20/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like the person below me I can't believe the low ratings on this one. I love this hand cream. The smell is divine and the texture is rich. It keeps my hands nice and smooth. A couple of days ago my hands were peeling and this cream diminshed that. The only con I can think of is the price. ;-P

on 10/19/2006 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried a sample of this months ago and finally spent the $18 for a 4 oz tub. It is somewhat moisturizing and very thick, I do notice that the back of my hands feel very supple. I can still feel my hands are a big greasy an hour later. Truthfully I bought it for the scent. It reminds me of this lemon tart I had once and I like that the scent lingers. I will likely buy it again someday, but really just as a guilty nummy smelling pleasure and not because I think it's a great moisturizer.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the best fragrances ever. It smells like fresh lemon bars with a sugar cookie crust. Yum-o! It also has great ingredients that are at the beginning of the ingredient list instead of at the end where you barely get any. It has shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, glycerin, sweet almond oil, squalane, rice bran oil, macadamia nut oil, vitamin e and hyaluronic acid. Paraben free. This is a thick whipped cream that absorbs in instantly and does not leave a greasy feel. I use this on my hands and feet. An average moisturizer for me. I really buy it for the yummy scent. $18.00 for 4 oz tub.

on 11/5/2005 6:24:00 PM

Free @ drugstore.com. I'm normally not a lemon fan (99% of the time it smells like Pledge to me), but this scent is awesome! Like a rich, buttery lemon tart with sugar cookie crust. YUM!! I actually crave the smell of this stuff. Unfortunately, I don't really like it other than the scent (which only lasts a short while). It never absorbs into my skin and feels sticky and greasy until I wash it off. Anything I touch after I put it on leaves greasy prints. I've been using it on my feet before I go to bed and it does work well on my scruffy-always-barefoot heels, but thats about it. I leave the jar lying around so I can take a sniff when I see it, but I wouldn't buy this again :(