Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.6

I love this hand cream, it smells yummy and feels so luxurious. But, since they have discontinued the 4 oz jar, I won't be buying any more.

on 12/4/2007 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this handcream. I wash my hands alot, and my hands dry out very quickly with the cold winters. I carry the tubes with me in my purse and have the jar sitting on my nightstand. It is rich and thick, and is the by far the best hand cream I've tried.

on 9/26/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Many people complain about the smell of Philosophy products, but I never had that problem. Until I tried Handmade. The one plus is that it keeps my hands away from my face as is the smell is so sickly sweet I can't bear my hands to get anywhere within whiffing distance of my nose after I've used this. Thank goodness I only bought the small tube of this. The cream itself is nice but not as good as Time on Your Hands.

on 7/26/2007 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the formula. The butters are wonderful and feel so good on dry, irritated hands. However, the scent is nauseating. It is very sweet, in fact I find it sickly sweet. I tried to give it away because I knew I would never use it, and all of my friends hated the smell too. The first time I tried it, my husband actually asked me to stop using it because the scent bothered him so much.

This stuff is great! It makes my hands so soft. I got the combo set on QVC with Handmade in a tub as well as a small tube. The consistency is very thick, almost like Crisco. The scent is a lemon cream to me, not bright and lemony, but more subtle. I will repurchase as it does makes my hands much softer and smoother.

on 4/20/2007 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like the person below me I can't believe the low ratings on this one. I love this hand cream. The smell is divine and the texture is rich. It keeps my hands nice and smooth. A couple of days ago my hands were peeling and this cream diminshed that. The only con I can think of is the price. ;-P

on 12/23/2006 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the lemony scent of this hand cream, but that is about it. The cream is very rich, too rich, and it quite greasy, even when used sparingly. It doesnít absorb very well or quickly. It does moisturize, but I didnít like the side effects. I got this as a sample and gave the remainder to my mother. My mother, who has dry skin, liked it, but she didnít like it enough to buy it. I wonít buy either. I like Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Lotion better, and both are cheaper.

on 12/8/2005 2:05:00 PM

Hmmm.. how could a hand cream go wrong?! This cream did nothing to heal my cracked hands. Even Burt's Bee's ($1.5) and Shiseido drugstore cream ($3) did a perfect job in moisturizing my hands. But Philosophy's handmade hand cream didn't do anything - i put it on, and it disappears, and my hands still feel very dry. The overpowering scent of this cream is also quite annoying, to me.

on 11/5/2005 6:24:00 PM

Free @ drugstore.com. I'm normally not a lemon fan (99% of the time it smells like Pledge to me), but this scent is awesome! Like a rich, buttery lemon tart with sugar cookie crust. YUM!! I actually crave the smell of this stuff. Unfortunately, I don't really like it other than the scent (which only lasts a short while). It never absorbs into my skin and feels sticky and greasy until I wash it off. Anything I touch after I put it on leaves greasy prints. I've been using it on my feet before I go to bed and it does work well on my scruffy-always-barefoot heels, but thats about it. I leave the jar lying around so I can take a sniff when I see it, but I wouldn't buy this again :(

on 10/28/2005 4:27:00 PM

I too, got this free with a drugstore.com order. When I first put it on, I thought...this is JUST like the Watkins Lemon Shea Butter body cream you can get at Walmart. I went and compared ingredients...VERY similar...both shea butter based, and they both have that thick, non-greasy feel that absorbs immediately. I like this a lot. It forms almost a shield against the elements, and I love shea butter for that reason. Would I repurchase? Maybe... I love free though!