Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.5

on 5/5/2018 3:18:00 PM

Fresh cream is my least favorite scent but it appears to be the most popular. I do like raspberries and cream, but my favorite has to be apricots and peach which smells DIVINE. I've received so many compliments from people asking what I'm wearing. Unfortunately it's ridiculously hard to find and Nordstrom is always sold out, QVC no longer stocks it, and philosophy.com just isn't selling it period. I'm extremely picky with scents and it's rare that I ever repurchase a cream or lotion but Apricots and Peach is my holy grail. It's so moisturizing and I don't have to reapply all the time. If the Philosophy gods ever read this, please bring back A&P!!!

on 1/1/2009 4:07:00 PM

First, the tube is tiny. Great for your purse but not worth $10. The tub is a nice size but I hate dipping my fingers into any jar. The scent at first is like a light lemon mousse. In comparison, I find the C.O.Bigelow Lemon cream has a fresher, more saturated lemon scent. After a while, I find the Handmade lemon scent a bit metallic, no longer the fresh lemon that it had in the jar - I suppose I can contribute this to my personal chemistry. It's very thick, balm like, and a little goes a long way. It feels funny going on. It takes some effort to spread it on but then it feels funny - like it turns really liquidy right before it's absorbed in. The long-term effects are nice but not worth the money.

on 12/9/2008 9:00:00 AM

This cream is more like a creamy balm, not a light moisturizer. It lasts a long time because it's so thick but I find due to this, it tends to feel a bit greasy. I find that the lemon scent is delicate but is not a 'fresh lemon' scent - more sensitive noses might find the smell a bit 'chemical'. I am a sucker for Philosophy and though this is nice, it's not something I would buy again. The tube is tiny and I really don't like sticking my fingers into a tub of anything.

on 11/24/2008 8:47:00 PM

I have the mini version of this, and I like it a lot. Smells yummy, sinks right into my hands with no greasy feeling. However, I wouldn't purchase the tub version; I prefer the tube packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm on the fence about this hand cream. It's not terrible, but it's not as moisturizing as it could be. Also, I don't love the smell, which reminds me a little of yellow cake batter. I won't be repurchasing because I think there are some drugstore brands that are a lot cheaper and do the trick better.

on 7/26/2007 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the formula. The butters are wonderful and feel so good on dry, irritated hands. However, the scent is nauseating. It is very sweet, in fact I find it sickly sweet. I tried to give it away because I knew I would never use it, and all of my friends hated the smell too. The first time I tried it, my husband actually asked me to stop using it because the scent bothered him so much.

This is truly one of the best handcreams I have every used. It is full of nurturing oils and butters, and personally I rather like the lemon custard scent. An all around winner for me! I just wish it had an SPF!
Edited to say: I am increasingly noticing a bit of vegetable shortening in the fragrance, I will probably not be buying this again...gross

on 5/4/2006 4:42:00 AM

I was using the sample for a few nights (before i go to bed). And one day my boyfriend asked if I use some cream on my hands as it's softer than usual. The thing is I didn't apply it on that day and secondly, he doesnt know I had been using the sample. I ordered the full size on the next day.

This is a nice, rich hand cream that smells EXACTLY like lemon bars. I love putting it on before bed and having that comforting smell around while I fall asleep. I agree with the other reviewers that this is better than the L'occitane hand cream. It's thick and seems to provide a bit of a protective barrier on my skin. It's not miraculous; my crusty cuticles were not cured, but I'm yet to find anything to do that.

I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com and love it! It has a wonderful fresh scent and is just moisturizing enough for me. I think it's better than L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. Very nice product.

Popular Lotions / Creams