Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.4

on 1/1/2009 4:07:00 PM

First, the tube is tiny. Great for your purse but not worth $10. The tub is a nice size but I hate dipping my fingers into any jar. The scent at first is like a light lemon mousse. In comparison, I find the C.O.Bigelow Lemon cream has a fresher, more saturated lemon scent. After a while, I find the Handmade lemon scent a bit metallic, no longer the fresh lemon that it had in the jar - I suppose I can contribute this to my personal chemistry. It's very thick, balm like, and a little goes a long way. It feels funny going on. It takes some effort to spread it on but then it feels funny - like it turns really liquidy right before it's absorbed in. The long-term effects are nice but not worth the money.

on 12/9/2008 9:00:00 AM

This cream is more like a creamy balm, not a light moisturizer. It lasts a long time because it's so thick but I find due to this, it tends to feel a bit greasy. I find that the lemon scent is delicate but is not a 'fresh lemon' scent - more sensitive noses might find the smell a bit 'chemical'. I am a sucker for Philosophy and though this is nice, it's not something I would buy again. The tube is tiny and I really don't like sticking my fingers into a tub of anything.

on 11/24/2008 8:47:00 PM

I have the mini version of this, and I like it a lot. Smells yummy, sinks right into my hands with no greasy feeling. However, I wouldn't purchase the tub version; I prefer the tube packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm on the fence about this hand cream. It's not terrible, but it's not as moisturizing as it could be. Also, I don't love the smell, which reminds me a little of yellow cake batter. I won't be repurchasing because I think there are some drugstore brands that are a lot cheaper and do the trick better.

on 7/26/2007 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the formula. The butters are wonderful and feel so good on dry, irritated hands. However, the scent is nauseating. It is very sweet, in fact I find it sickly sweet. I tried to give it away because I knew I would never use it, and all of my friends hated the smell too. The first time I tried it, my husband actually asked me to stop using it because the scent bothered him so much.

This is truly one of the best handcreams I have every used. It is full of nurturing oils and butters, and personally I rather like the lemon custard scent. An all around winner for me! I just wish it had an SPF!
Edited to say: I am increasingly noticing a bit of vegetable shortening in the fragrance, I will probably not be buying this again...gross

on 5/4/2006 4:42:00 AM

I was using the sample for a few nights (before i go to bed). And one day my boyfriend asked if I use some cream on my hands as it's softer than usual. The thing is I didn't apply it on that day and secondly, he doesnt know I had been using the sample. I ordered the full size on the next day.

This is a nice, rich hand cream that smells EXACTLY like lemon bars. I love putting it on before bed and having that comforting smell around while I fall asleep. I agree with the other reviewers that this is better than the L'occitane hand cream. It's thick and seems to provide a bit of a protective barrier on my skin. It's not miraculous; my crusty cuticles were not cured, but I'm yet to find anything to do that.

I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com and love it! It has a wonderful fresh scent and is just moisturizing enough for me. I think it's better than L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. Very nice product.

on 10/21/2005 7:54:00 PM

Well, I don't know what it is about this lotion, but for my skin it does not moisturize well at all. The scent is quite nice - a light, lemony fragrance - but my hands seem just as dry after I apply this. Also, I actually do find the lotion to be pretty greasy going on. All in all, I'm not too impressed...

Popular Lotions / Creams