Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

3.3

on 12/4/2007 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this handcream. I wash my hands alot, and my hands dry out very quickly with the cold winters. I carry the tubes with me in my purse and have the jar sitting on my nightstand. It is rich and thick, and is the by far the best hand cream I've tried.

Mmm, I love the lemon custard scent of this hand cream! I bought this awhile back, and initially wasn't that impressed, so I threw it in my closet for a rainy day. Well, yesterday was rainy, so I got this out and gave it another try--I liked it alot! This is a very, very, very rich hand cream in my opinion, and it does not seem to spread too easily over my hands, but it smelled delicious, and when I woke up this morning, I had very nice, soft hands! I bet I would enjoy this even more in winter, but I will probably keep using this before bed. Not as nice as my L'Occitane shea butter hand cream, but a nice alternative. Will probably repurchase :)

I got a sample of this, which I'm glad I did, because I probably wouldn't shell out $10 on this. It smells nice, but it wasn't moisturizing enough and felt a little greasy. My dog kept smelling me, so that was annoying (the L'Octaine one also made him smell my hands a lot).

on 12/23/2006 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the lemony scent of this hand cream, but that is about it. The cream is very rich, too rich, and it quite greasy, even when used sparingly. It doesnít absorb very well or quickly. It does moisturize, but I didnít like the side effects. I got this as a sample and gave the remainder to my mother. My mother, who has dry skin, liked it, but she didnít like it enough to buy it. I wonít buy either. I like Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Lotion better, and both are cheaper.

on 9/13/2006 7:12:00 PM

This is the thickest hand cream I have ever tried. At first I didnít like the scent (for some strange reason I didnít realize it was lemon-custard scented) but once I realized it was supposed to smell like that, I didnít mind. Very moisturizing and a little goes a long way. Unfortunately, the only size I ever found this is was 1 oz. for $10 which is a bit ridiculous. I think that they should: 1.) Get this is a bigger size tube and 2.) Create an unscented version.

on 6/18/2006 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is okay, but definitely not the best hand cream I've used. It has the synthetic lemon custard scent that about a quarter of Philosophy products use, which I initially liked but now I'm getting sick of. I put this on primarily before bed, but it never sunk into my skin and as soon as I washed my hands, it was like I'd never put it on. Still good for temporary relief though, especially in winter.

on 12/12/2005 8:41:00 PM

I leave a jar of this above the kitchen sink for after I wash the dishes. However, it's greasy so I better not put any dishes away until it's fully absorbed. For a heavy-duty hand cream, I'll use a dab of Fresh's shea butter instead.

on 12/8/2005 2:05:00 PM

Hmmm.. how could a hand cream go wrong?! This cream did nothing to heal my cracked hands. Even Burt's Bee's ($1.5) and Shiseido drugstore cream ($3) did a perfect job in moisturizing my hands. But Philosophy's handmade hand cream didn't do anything - i put it on, and it disappears, and my hands still feel very dry. The overpowering scent of this cream is also quite annoying, to me.

i like the smell of it(reminds me of lemon meringue). it doesnt feel greasy at all, absorbs quickly in your skin. but im still looking for my HG hand cream...

on 10/19/2005 12:02:00 AM

I got the 2 oz tub version from Beauty.com. I really like the lemon custard smell (it does smell as advertised), which is not overly sweet. I don't like some Philosophy products due to the plastic/alcohol smell, as in Falling in Love perfume, but this is actually quite good. The scent, unfortunately, does not last very long. However, unlike my Jaqua body butter, this sinks into my skin very fast and very well (no sticky film after application). I'd definitely buy a fullsize after I use this up.

Popular Lotions / Creams