L'Oreal Studioline Hot Straight

No Image

Water (Aqua), CyclopentaSiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Trideceth 12, Polyquaternium 4, Xylose, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Linalool, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Potato Starch Modified, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citral, Laureth 4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/9/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought the spray version a couple of times and loved it. It was on offer last time so I brought the spray and the cream. I think this stuff is the best I'm gonna get unless I pay ridiculous amount of money. I'm not even sure there is a product that can completely rid me of frizz. It has no instructions but it's pretty straight forward. I put it on my damp hair then blow dry and straighten, or on my dry hair and straighten. I have the English version, I'm not sure what other people have but I know formulas can change in different countries. This version certainly doesn't leave any crispiness. You can't feel it on your hair, but you can tell you've used it because hair is very shiny, like in a shampoo advert. It's so soft and I can actually run my fingers through it. I can feel that my thick hair which frizzes up with even the slightest bit of humidity stays sleek and flat. In light rain I can barely notice the refrizzination. So I will be using this over and over for a long time, along with the spray, until I my hair decides to develop resistance to it anyway.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This creamy goo works wonders for my hair. I have used it since it came out several years ago. It's really cheap, but definately worth the price and more! The trick is to use only a small bit on damp hair. It has a nice, light smell and a light consistency. It has never made my hair oily or crunchy. I will always have this in my hair care drawer!

on 8/30/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ran out of my regular anti-frizz so I thought I'd try this out since it was so much cheaper. I really wish it was going to work so I could save some money but it didn't. It left my hair feeling sticky as if I hadn't washed off all my shampoo. I felt like I was going to get pimples all over my cheeks from the stuff in my hair. An hour or so after doing my hair I could see the frizz coming back. The bottle says in small type that it's anti-frizz for thin hair so that might have been the issue with my medium to thick hair. This stuff isn't for me and I'll be returning this.

on 3/3/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is great for protecting your hair against heat and for keeping it in place. It doesn't leave my hair greasy in any way, it makes it feel very silky and smooth and prevents it from frizzing. The smell is nice and not too overpowering, the only downside to it is that, if you want to have stick-straight hair, it's not going to last during humid weather, especially for thick hair like I have. Otherwise I'm loving it and probably repurchasing.

on 11/6/2010 7:21:00 AM

This is my new miracle product. I have wavy, frizzy hair that I blow-dry and flat-iron every day, and I live in a very windy, very humid country. So keeping my hair straight is a huge challenge. I used to rely on a lot of silicone serum plus hairspray (and hope) to keep my hair straight and silky. Now, I only have to use StudioLine Hot Straight, and it works so much better. I'm really amazed at how well my hair stays straight when I use it.

Of course, if it's too humid, my hair will start to frizz up and curl a little, but much less now than when I was only using silicone serum. If I know the weather is really bad, I use Hot Straight and a tiny bit of silicone serum, but most of the time it's not necessary.

The only downside is that there's no way I can go a second day without washing my hair after I use Hot Straight. There's just too much product in my hair and it looks pretty dirty. But I generally wash my hair every day anyway, so I don't mind.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I mistaken, or has this product been discontinued for about a year? I never see it at the store, though I've looked everywhere. It does a great job protecting my hair from heat and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. I think it smells great as well! After not being able to find it again, I would use what little was left in my bottle on rare occasions. I was thrilled when I recently found a stash of the black bottle version at Big Lots for $2 each, so I bought them up!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this much - it tends to leave my hair greasy, no matter how little I use. The smell is overpowering, it doesn't seem to protect my hair, leaves me with a lot of buildup. I prefer my tresemme heat protecter. The packaging sucks aswell.

on 9/2/2010 7:14:00 PM

Its a great cheap product to protect your hair from the straightening. I love it! I think i have bought it 3-4 times. it really does protect my hair really good. I give my hair such a hard time with the iron. But they are soo healthy that i still can't beleive it.
It does weight you hair down and they don't feel as soft as usual but you are the only one who notices that.
The only thing i don't like is that i wanted it to be in a spray form like the one for curling your hair. Its a lot easier and i am kind of lazy

on 7/25/2010 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just to let everyone know, that the company did change the packaging a little bit from the picture that is up there, however it is still pink and gray and only has 3 little square dot thingys :)

Overall rating: This product absoloutly deserves 5 lippies. After getting out of the shower, let your hair dry a little bit by the towel, just so its not too wet, then out about a dime sized amount of this product in your hair, all the way to the roots.Then, blow dry your hair straight (just to help a little bit) after that, flat iron your hair. When using this product, I noticed that it cut down on the amount of time it takes me to straighten my hair, (I have medium- long hair and its extremly thick) i'd say it only took me about 10-15 minutes to straighten it really good, vs, 30-40 minutes. My hair feels silky, and less frizzy. Plus, it stay straight longer, doesnt wave back like it usually does.
Price: Regularly, its a little bit over 4.00$ CAD which is pretty cheap
Packaging: It's fairly good, like others said iit would be better if it came in a pump but it isnt the end of the world, the way it is now.
Buy Again??: I would definetly buy again, as a matter of fact im on my 2nd bottle

This product last very long,
Overall: Great Buy! You'll love this product!

on 5/29/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This product was an amazing pick-up. It really made my hair silky and smooth and had this iridescent shine and glow to it. It made the job/time of straightening my hair reduce drastically. I have very fine and thick hair and it's very layered, as I cut my own hair. So it does become a drag to straighten my hair because it use to be a 30 minute process. I use to use Tresemme's Heat Tamer Spray religiously, as it smelled amazing and did the job, however I had to always wait for it to dry and sometimes left my hair a little dry and brittle at the ends of my hair. It only takes me 10 minutes now, using this product. It has made such a drastic difference. I did notice that the packaging was a bit crappy. I love the whole squeeze-tube concept, it's very precise, however, whenever I try to shut the cap after finishing, it always has a ball of air inside that forbids me to close it using one hand. And to top it off, the design isn't that great. Pink and grey? Big no-no.

In conclusion. It does such a great job adding shine, silky-ness, etc. Really speeds up the concept of straightening hair. (BTW, how I use this product; I squeeze a pea-sized amount, gently rub it throughout my fingertips and smooth it all over my lower half of my hair, and repeat the process for my upper half, as I have really thick, course hair) Overall, you do get your money's worth and it will last you MUCH longer than a spray bottle (:

(12/6/10): So I've been using this for a few weeks now and I must say I still love it. However, you have to be REALLY careful not to touch your roots because if you're like me, and you shower after every other day to keep the essential oils your hair needs to stay healthy, you WILL get greasy hair on the second day, and it makes my hair feel REALLY heavy. So that's a tip. And the last thing I'd have to say is that the packaging is really pissing me off. The nozzle CANNOT close properly. I figured out that it's not the air in the bottle that's preventing me from closing it. Whenever I close the bottle, some of the product started squeezing out from under the push-cap. It's so frustrating and because of that, it loses a lippy ):