Roux - Fanci Full Rinse

Roux - Fanci Full Rinse

4.2

Water , Hexylene Glycol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Stearalkonium Chloride , Octoxynol-1 , Benzyl Alcohol , Tartaric Acid , Fragrance , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Direct Black 51 (CI 27720) , Acid Violet 43 (CI 60730) , Acid Orange 7 (CI 15510) , Acid Yellow 3 (CI 47005) , Direct Red 80 (CI 35780)

So I did it again! I dyed my hair a color that I couldn't stand! It was supposed to be a light chocolate brown but turned out way to dark and red and brassy.. Not what I wanted at ALL, so I read some reviews about fanciful and thought maybe I should give it a try since it had so many good reviews… So I made a purchase on eBay, and bought the color muted maze, a light Ashbrown, which is exactlywhat I needed to tone down the brassiness and the red that the other dye had done to me, not only is the stuff in expensive but it works great it's easy to apply makes your hair very shiny and it did the job wonderfully! I'm so glad I discovered the stuff and my only wish is that I knew about it sooner, as I've had other bad dye jobs in the past… it's a great product and is reasonably priced, I'm so glad that I got it! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's had a disastrous dye job and needs to do color correction… It works wonderfully!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This product is amazing. I totally recommend it. Is very cheap, at first I didn't trust it will work. I bleach my hair twice in order to get it silver but didnt happen. It was more like a green ash blonde, It was horrible. I cry a hole day because I couldn't use a dye again. My hair was so damage and thin. My hairdresser told me about this product. It wont damage your hair since is not a dye. I used the 41 because 42 is very light. Is not gray is more like a platinum so didnt work in my hair but then I try 41 and my hair take a beautiful dark silver color. The secret is that you have to put a lot in your hair if not you can have spots of different colors.
I super recommend not only for repair the bad color but to keep your silver whitout going to the esthetic so often.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used the "Silver Lining" but let me tell you this one basically only works on platinum hair. It's a very light silver color. If you want a dark grey I recommend "True Steel".

This stuff is a life saver! Disclaimer: I'm not a professional hairdresser but this isn't my first rodeo either :) A little background...The last time I bleached my hair (years ago) I used a 40 developer. As far as I knew back then (I was a kid), that was the only way to use bleach. I wanted to break away from the salon and just dye my hair blonde myself. My natural is a level 5.5 or a 6 and gets stuck at the orange stage so I decided that I'd use the "new" bleach that you mix with 20 developer (per the directions) and then I would just use a level 8 blonde dye. The bleach says that it lifts up to 8 levels so even though I was skeptical I was hopeful that it could at least lift me 3-4 levels..fast forward to my hair turning out a clownish yellow-orange...more orange than yellow. I tried to used a blue based toner to cancel out the brassiness and then the level 8 dye but neither helped...At this point, my hair is fried to a crisp (only slight sarcasm). I was terrified to do any more to my hair but I couldn't be seen out in public. When I was telling my mom that I didn't know what I was going to do but I couldn't leave the house with my hair like that, she asked if they still made Fanci-full. I started out with Frivolous Fawn (for dark blonde to light brown) which made it look like a light copper so then I went and got Plush Brown (medium brown) which turned out to look like a light auburn. Of course, my color results are due to my actual hair color. They were both far from blonde but at least a realistic hair color and now I can leave the house and I don't have to process my hair again until it's healthy and my scalp isn't on fire. It's a watery texture and makes my hair feel...heavy? not clean?...but that's expected since it actually lays on top of the hair. I hope I don't ever have to use it again but I would recommend it to anyone in a similar situation.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I use this in Plush Brown on old highlights that are growing out. It's so tempting to do an overall color and be done with it, but, that starts a whole cycle of coloring because even low peroxide products take away your natural color. Yes, I have to use it every time I shampoo, but when those highlights finally grow out, I'll be starting with a clean slate of my natural color.
I bought into the trend that lighter as we age equals youthful. Catching myself in some pictures and videos I realized, it made me just look more "faded." Enter this old timey temporary rinse. Tones down and blends the line between my natural hair growth and the bleached bottom part.
A pain to use but here is what works for me. I have a very small bowl that I pour some into.
I gather the ends of my hair and dip/sqoosh them into the bowl and squeeze the excess back into the bowl. Repeat on the other side. Tousle it through the rest of my hair with my fingers to blend. Another tip is to towel dry as much moisture from hair as you can before applying.
I believe I'm done with artificial colors. My new growth is so shiny and healthy looking now and that says youthful to me. Once grown out, I may rinse some of the red in for fun.

on 8/18/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

White Minx has been around for-eh-ver and used to remove brassy tones from highlights. Cheap and easy to find in beauty supply stores.

A bit runny and not the greatest smelling - but a staple for the old-school color corrector or a do-it-at-home solution.

on 7/7/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OK, I totally forgot about this until I saw a new review on the front page and then immediately ordered some online -- literally fifteen minutes ago, haha. Because holy moly, this is good stuff! It works magic on my coarse hair, especially when I need to blend out some roots -- I used it all the time when I colored my hair. Since I haven't dyed it in awhile I haven't done a rinse in about eighteen months, but I love the way it makes my hair texture calm down and look shiny so I'm going to do the Chocolate Kiss shade over my natural color (which is very very dark). It always adds a little extra dimension to highlights/balayage so I'm confident it'll give me a little extra shine and warmth for the summer! In general, Roux products always seem to agree with my hair type so it's no surprise that these do a great job at perking up a dull hair week. Thanks for helping me remember the secret to shiny hair, MUA! :D

on 7/7/2014 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love Roux fanciful rinses. They have been around forever but there is nothing on the
market like it. I have used many shades over the years. My favorite blonde shade was Bashful Blonde." When I finally went brown I used "Chocolate Kiss" (dark) and when I went to a lighter brown I used "Frivolous Fawn." Not every shampoo but whenever my hair looked faded or needed "something." Also it conditions the hair! (and if you don't already know, it washes out after shampooing.)

Now I am all about "Lucky Copper." I love it. I get great red highlights without dying.
Red is a very hard color to get right so this is the perfect solution. Not always available in stores anymore but Amazon and eBay are good places to buy it.

on 12/18/2013 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So basically let me give some background on my over worked hair. I have been going blonde (extremely light yet not platinum) for the past three or four years now. Now I have been trying to grow my natural hair color out (which is dark dark brown, almost black) but when I dye my hair darker so I don't have major contrast the hair dye fades within a few weeks. And I'm talking even black hair dye fades because I had bleached my hair so often so once if fades I end up with light brown, dirty blonde hair. Since my natural hair is do dark I get a drastic stripe when my hair grows out. BUT ANYWAY LETS GET ON TO THE PRODUCT!! When I put this on my hair (as the directions say) it covers all the faded hair dye and blends in well with my roots. I use the shade Raging Black but I have also used the Chocolate Kiss as well. Both work however since my hair is naturally so dark the black blends better. The product doesn't seem to damage my hair at all. And I think it actually adds shine to the hair! It is very liquidy but it's easy to apply once you get the hang of it, and it lasts quite a long time. It's so weird because rinses seem so out dated but this is a fabulous product!

I tried the Black Rage shade of this rinse, and while I almost never give products 1 lippie, this is about the least effective hair product I've used in my life. It smells nice (almost exactly like FX's Silk Drops), but that's where my list of positives ends. The package is ugly and impractical. I found myself wiping off black at the OPPOSITE side of the bathroom than I was using. The product is liquidy and dripped out of even my ultra-thick Hispanic hair before I could manage to pick up the comb right in front of me to distribute it. It didn't actually get on my hands too bad, which was alright. As for the color? Nonexistent. My hair is was warm, lightish purple before using this. I did as instructed, putting it in towel dried hair liberally then blow drying. The result? Warm, lightish purple hair. I was genuinely shocked at how useless this stuff is. With all the good reviews, though, I figured I was doing something wrong, so I tried it on dry hair. That at least darkened my hair a bit, but it made it a disgusting plum shade rather than black. There's not a chance on this earth that I'd repurchase or recommend. At least it was cheapish.