MAC Veluxe Pearl - Stars N Rockets

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Stars N Rockets

4.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I remember, many years ago, how excited I was to find this at a CCO and then the crushing disappointment when I found that it actually kinda stunk. It is a gorgeous, vibrant purple in the pan, but I could never get enough pigment built up to make it look even remotely close on the lid. To top it off, this was one of the worst performing eyeshadows I have ever tried from MAC or any other brand in terms of longevity. For a while I thought I had just gotten a dud, but as I tried more and more MAC shadows I saw how hit and miss their range can be. Some of their shadows are pretty good, but some just really stink, and Stars n Rockets was one of the latter for me.

on 5/6/2017 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Talk about a show stopper! This colour will have strangers asking you what colour you are wearing!Hands down my fav of the pinks and purple shades. OMG so pretty! Violet blue tone-pink colour with a blue white sheen. It is super iridescent. It makes other colours blended with Stars and Rocket pop! I love wearing this with Swish. Have repurchased an I'll continue to repurchase... I strongly recommend this colour.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The most gorgeous duo chrome color & I received many compliments. I used a white base LAC Sea Shells which is comparable to NYX Milk pencil.Then I used Stars N Rockets over entire lid, Vibrant Grape in the crease, Steamy inner eyelid,liner & Deep truth outer. Color is opaque & long lasting.This is a color that is unique,great blend able formula,long wearing & worth the $.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been shopping my stash and I've re-discovered Stars N Rockets and it will definitely be getting use this spring/summer. I created a fun palette a while back which includes this eyeshadow along with Tilt, Swimming and Goldmine.

Stars N Rockets is a blue based violet purple that looks more intense than it actually wear. It goes on softly and I can layer it for extra colour if I want.
I like wearing it with Texture and Uninterrupted to balance out the purple, otherwise it looks like I've got swollen eyes or bad allergies. The results is that it really enhances my brown eyes.

If you have fair skin and fair hair, beware that this kind of shade can make you look like you've got pink eye.
Women with medium to dark skin tones would look great with Stars N Rockets for a fun look.

This is a unique colour and worth having for various looks.

on 3/22/2015 10:27:00 AM

This is a great shade. I adore purples of all kinds so I wanted this in my collection. I love cool toned duo's as well. UD's Fishnet I would say is a total dupe just a touch more purple in it. I own them both and love them! Stars N Rockets takes a little building for me to get the colour I want. I use NYX's Milk as a base and it works much better that way. My only complaint is you could go through this fast because of needing to build it up. I'm very fair and I like to use this with Shroom, All that Glitters, and Digit. It looks amazing paired with Digit on the inner half and SnR on the other half. It looks great with green eyes and is a shade I will not be without. Definite repurchase for me. Recommended

on 6/4/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am in love with this eyeshadow! It's a beautiful purple shade with blue iridescence, you see different colors at every angle. I like to apply it with Fix+ to really intensify all of the colors. Pairs well with MAC Swiss Chocolate for a purple smokey eye. It's one of a kind.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the most unique shades I own- a duochrome eyeshadow that flashes dark pink and blue in light. I can't really pull it off on its own, but blended with other darker shades, it looks gorgeous. I bought this on a whim a year ago and am surprised I never reviewed it. It is very shimmery which I don't mind and it is a fun shade to play around with when I grow bored with basic colors. I have to use a primer before application, but it is pigmented and blends well with an eyeshadow brush.

Eyes: Violet

I am glad it worked out for others, but on me, it looks like I got beaten up with a bruised eye. Yes gorgeous purple,blue,reddish pink. All of the colors of flesh beaten to the pulp. This color reminds me of zombie halloween make up I used three years ago. I'll wait til halloween rolls around again for some bloody gore use.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So I have a ton of eyeshadows from pinks to browns to blues etc but this eyeshadow is super special. I was in the MAC store and swatched this and walked around looking at other shades but I kept looking at this colour on my hand and I thought it was SO beautiful. It is a purple with pinkish and light blue tones to it, it is super unique. I applied it onto the lid and used a brown colour in the crease (something like wedge or soft brown by MAC) and it looked really lovely. If you wanna do something really fun you can play up the blue tones in the eyeshadow and use a turquoise colour in the crease or as a liner. This shadow is so versatile in what you can pair with it because it has so many different tones to it. You can even darken it with a really dark purple, black or brown for a night time look and it would look super sexy. This eyeshadow will especially make brown eyes pop and sparkle, it is so gorgeous. Please buy this shadow because there is NOTHING out there that is as beautiful as it is. I would recommend this to everyone.

on 10/30/2013 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this duochrome eyeshadow by Mac. I start off by using a dark base such as Stila's Kajal eyepencil in onyx and blend really well and up into the crease, then adding S&R over this which gives an absolutely gorgeous deep violet/blue. I then use creme de violet by Mac in the crease and in the outer v I use my all time favourite eyeshadow which is MakeUpForever #92 which gives a deep pigmented purple, fab colour payoff! I always use my favourite primer which is the Nars SmudgeProof. This is my favourite goto look. Stars and Rockets is by far one of my most favourite Mac eyeshadows.