Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

absolutely hate this product at no point did I find this product to be calming on the skin nor did it compact my redness. The product is heavily fragranced and does not moisturise the skin at all also I felt for the price if 20USD the sun protector could have been on a higher factor. personally I hate to write bad reviews as I absolutely love there ultra calming foam wash however the cream follow up is awfull if you have sensitive skin or roscea please avoid this product is would recommend uraige or simple.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Did not break out my sensitive roseca skin and reduces redness noticibly but not enough for my liking.

UPDATE: the redness reduction was due to decreased stress and when I became stressed again, my roseca flared up. Ok moisturizer for moisturizing, ineffective for redness, and too pricy

To Read all 371 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was afraid of trying this moisturizer because I tried the makeup wipes from this line and it stung my skin. Lately my skin has been very dry and my normal moisturizer just wasn't cutting it. I didn't want to spend a lot because most are just too much for sensitive skin.

I was surprised I think I love this moisturizer. It leaves my skin soft all day and gives a radiant look for under my makeup. I really do feel like it helps calms the redness down in my face. My makeup has been staying on longer too because I'm not getting as many dry flakes. It's been a week and it hasn't burned, caused any rashes, and isn't breaking me out.

I knocked down 1 star because I wish it had a high SPF. SPF 15 really doesn't help much I wish it was at least an SPF 30.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff isn't moisturizing for my dry skin. I have dry patches and they have yet to go away after 3 months of using this. Not very good at all.

on 11/28/2015 11:05:00 PM

I really really like this. I was TERRIFIED to try it because the ultra calming night cream burned the hell out of my face...but this doesn't. I love the texture as with all Aveeno creams. Thick but not greasy. Feels good. Skin looks good. Does it reduce redness? Maybe...but Im not that red. All Aveeno creams seem to even out my skin about...so does this. No irritation no breakouts and my skins pretty picky-but I se a lot of people experienced burning...probably the fragrance-which I don't mind. I don't find it strongly fragranced after applying I don't notice it. Anyhoo, they sell this in a set every winter with the lotion, face wash, and face wipes for $20 Canadian and I love all three of those things so that's a steal. Will just never ever ever use the night cream again!

on 8/23/2015 8:12:00 AM

This really worked for me. In less than 2 weeks, it reduced the redness in my face that I started receiving complements at work about how bright or good my skin appeared. Its just that it no longer reddened. I see the critical reviews, so maybe it only works depending on what is causing the redness in the first place. I'm 46 and use anti-aging products regularly including prescription strength retinol (Differin). Over the years, my skin had become pinker so much so that SA were always matching me to at least neutral undertone or cool/pink foundations even though I would try to tell them I'm more creamy yellow. They convinced me that my undertone had changed. But after switching to this, I was recently matched to a very yellow ivory as I was in my youth because my skin no longer looks pink. It's obvious now that I actually do need a yellow based foundation to match my skin tone. Cool toned girls are beautiful, but I'm not really cool. It was just surface redness that is now gone with the use of Aveeno Ultrcalming moisturizer. I do wish it had higher SPF.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A pretty good mosturizer but I can't stand the smell.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have redness on the center of my cheeks waiting for a change & nothing happened I started breaking out a lot on my chin & forehead I honestly don't recommend this product if you're going to use it to reduce redness..

on 2/2/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have sensitive skin a lots of products make my skin itch and cause break-outs. Moisturizer has always been a giant challenge for me. I've been using this for years without any problems. I have a lot of redness towards the center of my face. I don't notice any change at all in that respect so I'm sure sure it does what it claims. As long as it doesn't irritate my skin, I'll stick with it though. My one compliant is that the bottle design sucks and leaves a ton of product that the pump can't reach. At least the cap unscrews easily so I can get to the rest of the lotion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really really wanted to like this lotion after some of its stellar reviews. But alas I could not. I broke out after a few days of use and I don't usually get pimples often. I didn't notice any redness change. For those of you whom this works for I'm happy for ya! For me I'm going back to Olay moisturizer.