Philosophy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream 3-in1

Philosophy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream 3-in1

4.4

on 10/29/2006 4:14:00 PM

As a huge fan of Philosophy's 3in1's (and mint chocoalte chip ice cream!) I was excited to try this one, too. I was really let down. The scent was kind of blah, it needed to be more chocolatey or more minty or something. Just didn't impress me as much as some of the other scents they have in this line.

on 3/17/2006 7:57:00 AM

UGH! Am I the only one who hates the smell of this?? I was so excited to get it, based on the reviews here (since I LOVE my pumpkin pie one too), but it's almost revolting. All I can smell is a suuuuper fake, synthetic chocolate-y smell and...plastic. Or something soapy and plastic-y smelling. Blah. And the mint scent is too faint.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nothing stellar about this product. Very gimmicky with it's 3-in-1 advertising technique. Yes, it smells WONDERFUL. But here's what I don't love: it makes my skin a bit red and itchy, just like Senorita Margarita. The formulation apparently has something in it my skin does not like. My advice? Use it if your skin isn't sensitive and you are a fan of strong, luscious scents. Philosophy is genius scent-wise. If they were really thinking, they'd cut the alcohol and coloring agents in it, change the packaging so it still is colorful and attractive. And add moisturizers or emoillents or something. This would help immensely.

i loooove the smell of this! it smells exactly like mint chocolate chip. the icecream i eat smells exactly like this too. this one is a winner! i wish the smell lingered after it washes off. at least you can enjoy yourself in the shower for that little time it's in suds!

This smells sooo nice, I love the minty chocolate smell first thing in the morning and it does a good job of cleansing my body without drying out my skin. Its lasting for ages too. Can't wait to try some of the others in this range now!!

on 4/4/2007 4:14:00 PM

This really does smell like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I was startled the first time I used it. It's a really delicious scent, but does go away once you're out of the shower. That's fine with me though, as I can use other scented products -- lotions, perfumes, body spray, etc. alone rather than ending up layering them with the scent of my shower products and smelling and getting typical headaches reminiscent of a perfume store.
Other than the smell, I enjoy that this is gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my skin at all, but cleans well, doesn't leave it dry at all, and a lot on a loofah goes a long way. I estimate I'll get about 250-275 showers out of it using it as bodywash.
I haven't used this as a shampoo or bubble bath as I don't like using all that water for a bath, and I'm not sure how it would perform as a shampoo and have a shampoo I like.

love this stuff so much. my sister gave it to me as an addition to my christmas present.

Quality: It's moisturizing and lathers us quickly, i love just smelling it straight from the bottle-- it smells EXACTLY like the real thing. i def like the iridescent green gel.

it's a 3-1 shampoo-showergel-bubble bath and i've never tried it as a bubble bath but it's not that great of a shampoo but thats fine since it's an amazing showergel

Packaging: A+ for the packaging because though its a simple plastic bottle the front gives you a RECIPE for mint chocolate chip ice cream. the philosophy's simple packaging on all their products is really simple yet cute and clever.

One lippy off because..

A) after the shower the smell doesnt still linger

B) it's kinda expensive. Sure you get a lot (16 oz) but it's a dollar for every ounce!

love this product overall. it makes a great gift. continued >>

on 2/17/2006 9:08:00 PM

Yes, this is the Grasshopper scent re-named. This is a disappointment to those of us who already have Grasshopper. However, this is a nice, Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie scent. Not too sweet, not too minty, not too chocolatey. It's a perfect mix. I really like this scent a lot, and it lathers nicely. As with all of the other Philosophy 3-in-1's, the scent doesn't last on my skin after I'm done showering, but it's not supposed to. This gives a nice shower experience and nothing more other than the fact that it's not drying and cleans well. I would possibly repurchase this one.

on 12/12/2005 12:10:00 AM

This smells very very good. It is one of the few philosophy scents that has made me think for about 2seconds to stop using my cinnamon buns. i ordered this for someone else as a christmas present and just had to smell it for myself. yum yum. i took off one lipstick because i measure all 3-in-1's against cinnamon buns and this isn't as good, but still yummy.

This is not a new scent its the Grasshopper scent under a different name, theres no scents from QVC they just use differnt names.