4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

mint and chocolate may be one of the greatest combinations ever invented. if you like mint chocolate chip ice cream then you must run to your closest sephora and buy this 3 in 1. it is dead on, everything from the scent to the color of the wash reminds me of eating mint chocolate chip ice cream on a summer day. this scent can be layered with mint or chocolate scents. i'm a philosophy fan and i own a bunch of the product so i already love the thick, cleansing formula of the 3 in 1s. i use them mostly as a shower gel because i think they are lacking as a bubble bath and i hate 3 in 1s for my hair. since i only use it for one of the three purposes, the bottles last me forever. this is one of the best from philosophy.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Nothing stellar about this product. Very gimmicky with it's 3-in-1 advertising technique. Yes, it smells WONDERFUL. But here's what I don't love: it makes my skin a bit red and itchy, just like Senorita Margarita. The formulation apparently has something in it my skin does not like. My advice? Use it if your skin isn't sensitive and you are a fan of strong, luscious scents. Philosophy is genius scent-wise. If they were really thinking, they'd cut the alcohol and coloring agents in it, change the packaging so it still is colorful and attractive. And add moisturizers or emoillents or something. This would help immensely.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Other

13 years ago

As far as I'm concerned, whoever invented the combination of mint and chocolate is an absolute genius, so when I saw Philosophy had a 3-in-1 of my favourite ice cream flavour, I had to give it a go. I was not disappointed. The smell is nothing short of heavenly (although I'm sure I waste alot of time in the shower inhaling deeply from the bottle - is it possible to get high on this?) and performs brilliantly, even as a shampoo. When I use it as a shampoo the smell lingers for a few hours, which isn't necessarily a good thing because it makes me hungry!

About reviewer (554 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

13 years ago

i loooove the smell of this! it smells exactly like mint chocolate chip. the icecream i eat smells exactly like this too. this one is a winner! i wish the smell lingered after it washes off. at least you can enjoy yourself in the shower for that little time it's in suds!

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

13 years ago

This smells sooo nice, I love the minty chocolate smell first thing in the morning and it does a good job of cleansing my body without drying out my skin. Its lasting for ages too. Can't wait to try some of the others in this range now!!

About reviewer (196 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

from

13 years ago

This really does smell like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I was startled the first time I used it. It's a really delicious scent, but does go away once you're out of the shower. That's fine with me though, as I can use other scented products -- lotions, perfumes, body spray, etc. alone rather than ending up layering them with the scent of my shower products and smelling and getting typical headaches reminiscent of a perfume store. Other than the smell, I enjoy that this is gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my skin at all, but cleans well, doesn't leave it dry at all, and a lot on a loofah goes a long way. I estimate I'll get about 250-275 showers out of it using it as bodywash. I haven't used this as a shampoo or bubble bath as I don't like using all that water for a bath, and I'm not sure how it would perform as a shampoo and have a shampoo I like.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesGreen

13 years ago

love this stuff so much. my sister gave it to me as an addition to my christmas present. </br> </br> Quality: It's moisturizing and lathers us quickly, i love just smelling it straight from the bottle-- it smells EXACTLY like the real thing. i def like the iridescent green gel. </br> it's a 3-1 shampoo-showergel-bubble bath and i've never tried it as a bubble bath but it's not that great of a shampoo but thats fine since it's an amazing showergel </br> </br> Packaging: A+ for the packaging because though its a simple plastic bottle the front gives you a RECIPE for mint chocolate chip ice cream. the philosophy's simple packaging on all their products is really simple yet cute and clever. </br> </br> One lippy off because.. </br> A) after the shower the smell doesnt still linger </br> B) it's kinda expensive. Sure you get a lot (16 oz) but it's a dollar for every ounce! </br> love this product overall. it makes a great gift.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

from

13 years ago

I put off buying this for a long time because Philosophy's 3-in-1s are really hit or miss for me. I love it! It truly smells like mint chocolate chip (no fake chocolately smell like the hot cocoa one), and it's refreshing to use in the mornings. I even love the bright green color! It is not as strong as some of the other scents, but I don't expect it to last after I rinse it off. It's a great pick me up!

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

13 years ago

This is easily one of my favorite Philosophy 3 in 1s. It's a nice equal blend of chocolate and mint (one doesn't overpower the other and neither is fake or plastic-y), plus it's not too sweet like Grasshopper. The only problem is that I crave a big mint chocolate chip milkshake after I use it!

About reviewer (926 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

Ive always found that these philosophy products smell great in the bottle but when they mix with water they smell fake and gross .... but not this one!! its my favourite - hands down! smells clean and yummy - cant complain with this one. buy it now!

About reviewer (303 reviews)

Age25-29