MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 7/21/2016 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is great for a quick shadow I can use alone. I apply in and just above my crease and it looks wonderful. It's a light rose/copper with a fair amount of shimmer but not so much that it looks overdone. I have very pale skin so it shows up well. It blends out very easily and doesn't crease. Would repurchase.

on 7/18/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful shade, that others have described as champagne pink with a touch of gold. It has a beautiful texture, and is easy to blend. Good pigmentation. Work appropriate shade.

I thought I had a neutral skin tone, and reading some of the other comments had left me a bit confused - because when I use this, it pulls a gold/coppery color with absolutely no pink. Maybe this means I'm actually cool toned? (not sure).

Anyway, as with MAC shadows, beautiful to play with. An obvious recommendation would be to test the shade before purchase! (I got mine in the nordstrom 15 palette and I didn't test every shade).

To Read all 613 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite color ever, the only thing is that I have really oily eyelids so I definetly cant use it without an eye primer

on 5/28/2016 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What a beautiful colour! I love how it looks when applied with a damp brush, almost metallic. The texture and pigmentation is awesome as well. It's very smooth and intensely coloured. Absolutely worth the money!

on 4/1/2016 8:06:00 AM

Great and flattering for blue eyes, I use it on the lid with wedge in the crease.

This was recommended to me by the MAC makeup artist and I tried and liked it in the store. Next day I use it as a lid wash and yikes! orange! Yes, just like some reviewers already mentioned (should have read the reviews first). I didn't want to just GIVE UP, so, after reading some reviews, I tried a wash of Shroom and LIGHTLY applied ATG on the outer half of the lid. This, to my surprise, was beautiful. I found that for my cooler-toned skin (for reference, I'm 44) ATG works if it is not in the inner corner and not packed on. The payoff is excellent so using too much at my age accentuates all sorts of unfortunate lines. I would not repurchase because I can't imagine ever running out.

on 1/27/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On porcelain skin, this is pink-copper or rose-gold. It's deeper than Naked Lunch was on me, but the same sort of shade. (On medium and darker complexions, it appears lighter than it does on me.) All That Glitters is a fun color, but it's still work-appropriate. Some of MAC's colors are so bright that they are specific to certain kinds of outfits or for clubbing only. I've had my share of intense purples and blues that I've bought and rarely worn. This glimmering golden pink is wearable and soft and flattering to blue eyes, and doesn't look like something I borrowed from a drag queen. These days I only want shadows I know I'll hit pan on. You can apply it lightly or really grab a lot of color with your brush for more color payoff. The Veluxe Pearl texture is smooth, easy to blend, and not as messy as some powder shadows. I use NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base with most shadows but I like this particular one better with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It looked drier over the Nars, for some reason, and smoother over the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I love MAC's flip-top shadow containers; having that window in the lid saves me time in the morning. I never pick up the wrong color.

on 12/8/2015 8:53:00 PM

This is my favourite MAC eyeshadow colour along with Twinks, it's so natural yet stunning. I used to wear it every day regardless of occasion, I use it a little less since the purchase of my NAKED palette, but still the most beautiful product. It is what I describe as a middle pigment, not ridiculously pigmented but not barely there either. It's so versatile and so pretty. For people with pale skin, like me it just looks stunning. Huge fan. Would buy again and again regardless of the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My #1 all time favourite eyeshadow. Here is why:

1. The colour.
Although on me it looks like a peachy gold with a hint of pink, it's numerous reflects and undertones make it so that every skin tone can make this shadow pop and glow on your eyes.
For very pale girls like myself, I use it everyday all over the lid into the crease and under the eyes, but also as a lid or transition shade for smokey dramatic looks. The colour permits an incredibly versatile purpose.

2. Texture
One of the softest Mac eyeshadows, just pure thin butter, with no fallout, which is important to me.

3. Pigmentation
Not so pigmented that you need to tap off your brush 20 times and can only use it one way, ATG can be used sheerly to blend out edges, or heavily to create a bigger golden impact, but no need to dig your brush in, a single swipe depending on how firmly you push gives you pigment AND versatility.

4. Price
Okay so not the cheapest eyeshadow but you do get a ton of product. I've been using it almost everyday for a year now and have barely hit pan. Impressive!

Overall this is a soft pigmented and ultra versatile eyeshadow, a must in any girl's (or boy's!) collection:)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG MLBB! I bought this eye shadow knowing it was one of MAC's best selling shadows, but it just sat in my drawer for months. I didn't really get the hype, it just didn't "do" it for me. Then one day I decided to use ATG with the Urban Decay eye shadow brush instead of my MAC 239 (which is a great brush!), and I fell in love! I found the 239 packed too much product on, causing ATG to look way too frosty. But the Urban Decay brush picks up just enough pigment to add the most beautiful sheeny glow to my lids.

Anyway, if you have eyelids you need this color. It is a gorgeous soft rose-gold color that will look good on just about everyone. But for the people complaining it comes off too orange, I suggest Naked Lunch will be a better match, since it is more pink than orange.