MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

One of my favorite MAC eyeshadows.

on 12/3/2016 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color. So beautiful on the lid BUT... every time I wear this eyeshadow, my husband says my eye makeup looks bad. He never comments on my makeup but he does when I wear this. He says my eyes look dry and old and bristle. He only says it when I wear this shade. Such a pitty. The eyeshadow is indeed a bit dry and not buttery. Now I don't really wear it anymore...

on 8/19/2016 8:56:00 AM

So I do all this research on MAC eyeshadows and All That Glitters pops up everywhere. I finally broke down and purchased it online. I did have reservations though because of that slight pinkish tinge and I can't wear anything pink on my blue eyes and NC25-30 skin. I wish I didn't fall for the ATG hype. Too sparkly and pinkish on me and it makes me look washed out and stoned. I tried all kinds of looks, but it's awful on me. Also, I find it irritates my eyes so it must have Carmine in it. I absolutely hate this eyeshadow on me. I bought a pro pan online so it'll cost me more to return it so what's the point. That's the downfall of buying from MAC online because you can't even return it at a MAC store.

on 7/21/2016 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is great for a quick shadow I can use alone. I apply in and just above my crease and it looks wonderful. It's a light rose/copper with a fair amount of shimmer but not so much that it looks overdone. I have very pale skin so it shows up well. It blends out very easily and doesn't crease. Would repurchase.

on 7/18/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful shade, that others have described as champagne pink with a touch of gold. It has a beautiful texture, and is easy to blend. Good pigmentation. Work appropriate shade.

I thought I had a neutral skin tone, and reading some of the other comments had left me a bit confused - because when I use this, it pulls a gold/coppery color with absolutely no pink. Maybe this means I'm actually cool toned? (not sure).

Anyway, as with MAC shadows, beautiful to play with. An obvious recommendation would be to test the shade before purchase! (I got mine in the nordstrom 15 palette and I didn't test every shade).

on 6/6/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite color ever, the only thing is that I have really oily eyelids so I definetly cant use it without an eye primer

on 5/28/2016 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What a beautiful colour! I love how it looks when applied with a damp brush, almost metallic. The texture and pigmentation is awesome as well. It's very smooth and intensely coloured. Absolutely worth the money!

on 4/1/2016 8:06:00 AM

Great and flattering for blue eyes, I use it on the lid with wedge in the crease.

This was recommended to me by the MAC makeup artist and I tried and liked it in the store. Next day I use it as a lid wash and yikes! orange! Yes, just like some reviewers already mentioned (should have read the reviews first). I didn't want to just GIVE UP, so, after reading some reviews, I tried a wash of Shroom and LIGHTLY applied ATG on the outer half of the lid. This, to my surprise, was beautiful. I found that for my cooler-toned skin (for reference, I'm 44) ATG works if it is not in the inner corner and not packed on. The payoff is excellent so using too much at my age accentuates all sorts of unfortunate lines. I would not repurchase because I can't imagine ever running out.

on 1/27/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On porcelain skin, this is pink-copper or rose-gold. It's deeper than Naked Lunch was on me, but the same sort of shade. (On medium and darker complexions, it appears lighter than it does on me.) All That Glitters is a fun color, but it's still work-appropriate. Some of MAC's colors are so bright that they are specific to certain kinds of outfits or for clubbing only. I've had my share of intense purples and blues that I've bought and rarely worn. This glimmering golden pink is wearable and soft and flattering to blue eyes, and doesn't look like something I borrowed from a drag queen. These days I only want shadows I know I'll hit pan on. You can apply it lightly or really grab a lot of color with your brush for more color payoff. The Veluxe Pearl texture is smooth, easy to blend, and not as messy as some powder shadows. I use NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base with most shadows but I like this particular one better with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It looked drier over the Nars, for some reason, and smoother over the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I love MAC's flip-top shadow containers; having that window in the lid saves me time in the morning. I never pick up the wrong color.