no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I've been on the hunt for a floral chypre that is also fresh. My favorite frag of all time was Laura Ashley no. 1 which I considered a fresh floral chypre. Failing to find anything I liked, I decided to revisit this classic from the 90's. I was amazed at how pretty Mariel still smells to me. The fruity part is not too sweet and the floral part is understated - it is very balanced. edit: I noticed after wearing a day or 2 this had a funky odd sour smell to it. Kind of hidden by all the pretty notes yet it would creep up on me after being on my skin a while. My friend, a long time Mariel lover, confirmed this has been reformulated which h20 themselves verified. She no longer likes the perfume, which shes worn for many years, but she says the lotion seems the same so I might wear that instead.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I love this perfume for summer. I always get compliments from both men and women when I wear it. Top Notes: mandarin, grapefruit, mango Middle Notes: water lily, rose, jasmine, freesia Base Notes: chypre (woody/mossy) It reminds me so much of the ocean which is what inspired it. It has a very tropical feeling and seems to work on a lot of people which is why it's won quite a few awards.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

13 years ago

I'm not much of a fragrance person. Most scents are way too heavy for me. But Mariel is one of the few exceptions. It's clean, light and refreshing. This is my absolute favorite fragrance! The packaging is pretty nice, and I love the fragrance's greenish/blue color. It's so tranquil looking, and reminds me of the waters of the Caribbean. This is more of a spring/summer scent, but nonetheless, I wear it year-round. As some reviewers have noted, it's also more of a young person’s fragrance, but despite the fact that I discovered this scent many years ago (maybe 15 years ago), I continue to reach for it almost every morning. In fact, I can't imagine that I'll ever tire of this lovely fragrance. It's hard to find an H2O store nowadays, but the good news is that you can buy Mariel online. If you’re like me and don’t like anything heavy, overpowering or musky, I highly recommend Mariel. I love it!!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Other

13 years ago

I like this fragrance in warmer weather. But I tend to get tired of it quickly. I have used up my bottle and I probably will not repurchase unless they had a really great sale on it. I will not purchase at full price.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

13 years ago

I love it. It's my summer and spring perfume that I've been wearing for three years now. It smells fresh, fruity, oceany, and feminine. I will definitely continue to use it!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

13 years ago

A lovely, fresh fragrance for someone who doesn't like to wear overpowering scents. I haven't tired of it - even after wearing it everyday for 3 months! It gives me a cool, ocean-like smell that makes me feel like I'm on vacation every time I spray it. I don't like heavy, musk perfumes with warm notes. As such, Mariel fits my bill perfectly!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

I think I would buy this again although it wasn't my top favorite. It has been about 8 years since I had a bottle to try out though.

About reviewer (313 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

I absolutely agree with the other reviewer who, like me, wore this "back in the day". Now that I am older it has grown tiresome, but I did once very much enjoy this fruity-crisp fragrance.

About reviewer (2431 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

This is my favorite perfume ever. I havn't worn it for a while, but I'm getting more. I have always gotten so many compliments when I wear this. It's been my favorite for at least 10 years now. I hope I don't get tired of it, like some of the other reviewers.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age

SkinOily

14 years ago

I received this as a gift, so I can't really comment on the price. However, I never buy light/fruity types of fragrances for myself, I love the oriental/floriental categories. However, I received the bath gel, lotion and perfume in a a set. The smell isn't bad for summer. It is light, slightly fruity and slightly herbaly/green. It's something I reach for when going to work and along with Ultima II Sheer scent are the only light scents I reach for.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age30-35