4.3

price range

Reviews

from

10 years ago

I bought this in 02, even though I have dark brown hair. You always opt for the lighter brown shade when you work with your eyebrows. I really like this palette. It comes with a lighter brown/reddish shade and a darker brown. I usually just mix the two, by dipping my wand in the lighter color then dipping in the darker one right after. It makes my eyebrows look very well groomed and natural. I love this. I only use the wax sometimes, because I don't really feel like it is necessary to keep my brows in place. It's a lot cheaper than high end brand but works just the same. I got mines for $10 dollars at my local sephora.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

11 years ago

I love this product. Those two colors match my eyebrows color perfectly. I don't like the brush that much. After you use the wax, the brush sticks together. I have to use a separate eyebrow brush.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I bought this to solve a problem - I have trichotillomania (to a small degree), which means I have an unstoppable habit of plucking hairs unnecessarily, and for me, that includes my brows. Not cute! I fortunately don't pluck them completely bald, but they are always very sparse and need some shaping and filling in. For a while, I made do with a pencil (I used Mary Kay's blonde one) and it was alright, but very easy to make it look very fake. I gradually came to realize I needed a powder version of brow makeup, and embarked on an internet search for a decent one. I initially intended to buy a higher-end brand, but when I started looking around at the Sephora store, this was the only one that was both within my budget and in a shade that looked complementary (not too red, not too dark) and didn't have shimmer (for some reason, almost all the high end ones have shimmer in them! Why would I want shimmer to call attention to the brows I'm trying to make more natural looking and less noticable?). I used it immediately upon getting into the car, and was immediately impressed by the natural effect, so much more subtle than a pencil! So now, having used this stuff for a good six months whenever my invisibrows start to bother me too much, I have concluded that this is my go-to brow product. However, I don't like the lighter shade (I have the Blonde to Medium Brown palette), it's too red for my brows, even though it doesn't look that way. The darker shade is the perfect ash blonde tone that looks pretty much just like my hair color. It fills in subtly with the included brush, which is decent but kinda crappy looking, though it works. I don't like the wax... I find it to be pretty much useless, it smudges the careful filling in I just did, and it doesn't really dry, it stays kinda greasy, so I just leave it alone. If I feel the need to "set" it, I use a quick, gentle swipe of clear mascara. Bottom line: One packaging quality point off for the crappy brush, and one packaging point off for the fact that it doesn't stay in its little spot in the compact, and one lippy off for the non-drying wax stuff that doesn't help at all. However, I'd still buy again because it works for what I need it for.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

11 years ago

A good product for a great price. I had a N.Y.C. cheap, cheap brow palette (Browser) for a while, until the wax melted in my make-up bag (I left my bag in the car on a hot day); I have never found the N.Y.C. one again to buy a replacement. I bought this as a relatively inexpensive replacement -- more than double the price of N.Y.C., but worth it for a finer quality.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

11 years ago

I really have nothing to compare this product with as I had earlier used the eyeliner palette of Clinique as my brow color (worked well, I must say). This product is well worth it. The wax keeps my brows in place and the brow powder is very natural. I comes out a bit dark at first, but it fades into a nice, natural shade later in the day. Like the others, I find the mini brush a bit useless...I dont use it to apply the powder..just the wax (I don't like putting wax on my sladnted brush). Overall, a great product I would recommend to anyone in search of a good brow product.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

12 years ago

This is very good quality product that is really inexpensive.I've been using this product for almost 3 years. The brow powder last a long time and the wax is of a great texture and helps make the stray hairs in my brow stay put and make my brows look impeccably groomed. I find the little brush uncomfortable to use, so instead I use Smashbox brush #12. The wax also runs out before the brow powder so I use Smashbox Brow tech wax, which is a close second to the Sephora brow wax but is 2X the price. I wish Sephora also sold the wax separately.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

12 years ago

I always used pencil type brow enhancers so far. But also I was always curious about using powder types since I constantly hear that most people actually prefer them over pencils. At first I tried some of my MAC eye shadows with my angled brush like everyone suggested. But they didn't do it for me. It's too messy and time consuming compared to brow pencils. I thought maybe that is because I wasn't using a fixer so I gave a last shot to this palette before I go back to pencils as this has wax (as the fixer I was looking for) in it. I got it in Shade 02. The colors are nice and suitable. The staying power is perfect. But I'm not sure about the wax part. It just sits there instead of fixing the powder. Sometimes I can actually see it on my brows which is totally not a desirable look and correcting it just wastes my time. The brush looks ridiculous as it's tiny. But it's useful, so no complaints there. The compact should have had a mirror. Other than these I love this palette even though I'm not using the wax part. I would buy again. Oh I use MAC Clear Brow Gel as my HG fixer now btw.

About reviewer (601 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

12 years ago

I have a brow fetish or something and think my face is not complete without doing my brows. I bought this years ago and have a ton left but not the heart to through it away. One of the colors suits me but the other is so much darker than the other that I can't even believe they were paired together. The quality is something to be desired as well, slightly chalky and always too heavy looking no matter how much (or little) I apply. If you do purchase this I would recommend using it sparingly.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Thank you sephora for making such a good product. After trying benefit brow zings, too faced brownie pencil and clinique brow shaper I found this jewel for only $12 USD oh well; this product is perfection for brows I only wish it had a mirror in the compact and the brush was better made but besides that this is the only product I will ever need for my brows. Use a good brow brush and you will be in love with this.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

So glad I found this--can't understand why so many other brow duos and palettes cost so much more, $12 for 2 colors + wax is a DEAL (especially considering that getting a brow tint is $15 a pop and only lasts 3 or so weeks). I've been using this Palette in No. 2 every day for 2 months now and have barely dented the powder. I mostly use the lighter brown, and fill in the sparse areas with the darker using my handy dandy MAC 266 brush. The brush that's included is worthless for the powder but works ok with the wax to set.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinNormal