Orly Bus Stop Crimson

No Image

4.7

on 12/23/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm extremely late to the Bus Stop Crimson party! Many years after the introduction of this and the glowing reviews.
Orly isn't one of my favorite brands (chipping, color selection, streaky), but I had to have this color when I saw it discounted at TJ's. It's a very deep crimson red, not burgundy, no hint of brown, purple or black.
Orly has created perfection with this! The brush is wide, easy to use, the polish is creamy, great consistency, covers well, 2 coats is more than adequate (with a SV top coat). It self levels, not streaky at all. I found it looks exactly like the bottle...a dark, beautiful crimson red.
This is a winner!
ETA: If you are lucky enough to find this, I wanted to add remarks about the staying power. After a week of hard wear there was no chipping, color remained bright. In fact, it was difficult to remove! Ordinary remover didn't do a good job, I removed it very successfully with OPI Expert Touch remover.

on 11/1/2014 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has got to be one of the most underrated blood red polishes out there. I never hear about it and it is seriously great. Itís deep, rich, and opaque in one coat. It smooth and applies even. The formula is easy to apply and it lasts a good amount of time. Itís a cream and has zero shimmer. Itís the perfect oxblood color.

on 10/18/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

At the suggestion of another MUAlly-er I bought this. I was exceedingly lucky to find this 50% off at my local CVS for just under $4.00 this past summer. I have no clue if this is a color Orly has d/c or if CVS is longer selling the brand. To the product:
Stunning. Stunning. Stunning. I have been on the hunt for a true crimson/maroon that isn't cranberry leaning and isn't prune leaning and is creamy delicious. This is it. This color is has a drop of brown in it but still very flattering. I wear 3 coats and love the glossy opacity of the formula. For reference years ago I ventured into a frosty Orly polish and never returned to the brand b/c I found they never really dried hard or quickly. Clearly that problem has been resolved here.
I'm a peach pink PPP with blond hair and this one is uber chic w/o looking Goth limiting.
If your wanting a creamy, glossy true crimson buy this. On trend for Fall 2013.

on 3/18/2012 1:03:00 PM

This is a beautiful deep crimson red that doesn't pull brown or appear black like many vampy polishes. I'm very impressed with the Orly cream formula, it goes on smoothly and has good coverage with one coat. Two coats and it becomes beautifully opaque with a deep shine. I use Orly Bonder base coat and Poshe top coat with it on my pedicures and it lasts a long time with no chips or dulling. Orly bottles contain 20% more product than other brands and I really like the no slip grip top. Highly recommended.

on 12/2/2011 10:25:00 AM

Thick, glossy, creamy dark vampy red that blows away all others I own (a zillion Essie reds, some OPI, etc). It isn't quite a jelly yet it has this glowing translucent ruby-like quality. Two coats for even coverage, but 3 is gorgeous dark drama. True love.

This is my all time favorite red. I had been searching for a nice dark, vampy blood red for ages. One coat gives you a lighter, slightly sheer red, two coats a wonderful dark opaque wine red. I usually do three coats because I want it as dark and opaque as possible.

on 5/12/2011 2:19:00 PM

Orly Bus Stop Crimson is the red cream I've been hunting for my entire life. Not too orange, not too blue, a flattering dark red that can convey 1940's glamour or timeless chic, depending on what you wear it with. I wore this for my manicure for President Obama's inauguration; I wear it on toes with beige leather wedges for picking up my kids from summer day camp. With hair pulled back, it's the Robert Palmer Simply Irresistible or a Helmut Newton photo. With loose hair, it just looks cheerful.

It takes ages to chip and has a nice gloss.

Then, of course, there's that superior Orly packaging, complete with rubber grip handle and manueverable brush. This is a lifetime keeper.

on 4/6/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a dupe for the limited edition Maybelline wet shine vinyl Lacqured Berry shade. This is the closest I've found to matching the color. It's not as shiny as the discontinued Maybelline shade, but a layer of high shine topcoat should remedy that!

I'm a sucker for a just the right shade of red. You know, the perfect shade where you can't stop staring at your own hands. I've found it. It will be my go-to red for summer 2010.

I love this color!! On my skintone it is a gorgeous vampy red - not as dark as the bottle, but not too far off with 3 coats. 1 Coat makes a very pretty vibrant red, 2 coats makes a lovely deep red and three coats makes it a luscious deep, almost vampy red. My skintone is very warm med, yellow undertones with red overtones. I'm sure that makes a difference in how the color reads. Also, I have not noticed any shimmer at all in this - it is completely creme, actually almost a gel rather than a creme because it's kind of translucent but not. Hope that makes sense.

In the bottle this color looks mostly like a very dark red, but on your nails it's a smidge lighter and more maroon....in other words cool purpleish/magenta undertones rather than a true dark red. it's still a pretty color though, but not quite what I was looking for.

Popular Polishes