Beauty Without Cruelty Botanical Formula Hand and Body Lotion - Fragrance Free

Beauty Without Cruelty Botanical Formula Hand and Body Lotion - Fragrance Free

3.7

Not tested on animals

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like that this light body lotion is free of parabens, fragrance and vegan. Has a blend of natural oils such as sunflower, safflower, shea butter, and sweet almond. Also has herbal extracts and vitamin E. This is not as rich and emollient as I had expected. It is more of an average daily body lotion. This does not easily absorb into my skin. It is just ok for me, not a stand out body lotion. For a richer moisturizer experience I would go with Shikai Borage Therapy for Dry Skin lotion.

on 4/16/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like the fact that this lotion is vegetarian, organic, paraben free and fragrance free. However, I expected a richer more hydrating lotion, so I will not rebuy. Although fragrance free, it does have an odd scent to it. Also, the lotion is quite thick and difficult to pump out.

on 7/17/2008 4:57:00 PM

Inexpensive, natural, great texture, and lasting moisture--I really like this. I'm trying to move away from chemical body products. For the past year, I've been alternating between Curel Ulta Healing and Jergen's Ultra Healing, both of which provide excellent 24 hour moisturizing power, but have you read the ingredient list?! It's somewhat disturbing. So I was in my local co-op the other day, and came across this BWC product. I've slowly been testing several of the natural body lotions, and have been largely unimpressed (moisture seems to evaporate very quickly in several brands, even the Alba Botanica Very Emollient body lotion, which people speak highly of). The BWC actually lasts! My skin just feels soft and clean,without any scent. The ingredient list appears very high quality and simple. And the best part is, you can add essential oils to create your own fragrance (haven't done so yet, but will). Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/11/2007 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lotion is regular staple of mine, as well as a few other BWC products. Great ingredients, good price. Its not too heavy or too light, not much of a fragrance, easy to apply and absorbs w/o feeling greasy - but it does not completely evaporate either. In the winter, I often pair this with an application of jojoba oil. When my winter skin gets really bad, I use this in the evening and a heavier moisturizer in the am. Will keep buying it as long as they keep making it ;)

on 12/28/2006 8:14:00 AM

I was looking for a lotion that was truly natural and effective. Even the most sensitive skin lotions seem to contain unpronouncable chemicals, and I'm concerned about the long-term effects of coating my entire body in synthetic chemicals day after day. This lotion is very rich. This lotion exceeded my expectations by being smoothing rather than greasy. However, I didn't think it moisturized my very dry hands well enough, so I won't repurchase. I tried it on my face and it wasn't irritating, but it did clog my pores - no acne, just "bumpy." Great price, handy pump bottle, 100% vegan.

on 11/20/2006 7:07:00 PM

Fantastic product,the formula is light non-greasy absorbs fast into the skin yet is very moisturizing and leaves your skin feeling soft and well hydrated.Its ingredients are also all natural and safe for those with sensitive skin or allergies.The only downside is although its scent-free which important for those with sensitivities it has a funky smell so adding some essential oil to the product if you tolerate it is reccomended.(Update this product caused an allergic reaction on my skin in the form of itching and rashes.so I had to discontinue,plus it has a funky odor!.)

on 10/1/2005 4:04:00 AM

I used to buy Alba Botanica's Unscented Body Lotion, but then I discovered this gem. It works just as well and is also all-natural, but it's about half the price (around $7 for a 16 oz. bottle). You won't find a cheaper or better natural lotion! I love adding just a tiny bit of C.O. Bigelow Vanilla Perfume Oil to mine for the perfect fragrance.

Popular Lotions / Creams